What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

3 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Having shown a keen interest in our black brothers, I have supplied a link to a book review for your appreciation.

"From musicians to princes, a new book by historian Miranda Kaufmann opens a window on the hitherto unknown part played by black people in 16th-century England"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/29/tudor-english-black-not-slave-in-sight-miranda-kaufmann-history

widely discredited, as usual takes very few examples, and expands those to attempt to make out mass diversity. To quote the woman 'Kaufmann laments the scarcity of complete evidence:' So without evidence she just makes it up, exaggerates or lies. Some of the people she lists were not even black. These characters have always been known about. 

Edited by proton
  • Like 2

Spiderhead

Tried watching it last night--I thought quite woeful, I had seen Chris Hemsworth in "All the old Knives"--a good CIA type thriller IMO & he played a good role.

This one--"Is set in the near future, when convicts are offered the chance to volunteer as medical subjects in hopes of shortening their sentences"  it was bad---I try to see movies to the end even if I have to touch the fast forward button a few times... but just couldn't do it. His acting would have been OK but the script was--as say WOEFUL......

** 1 redeeming feature in it---the soundtrack , they played a lot of Supper Tramp 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Martha Mitchell Effect--Doco

Watched this yesterday----good well put together....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thy have brought out and dusted down   --Nightingales

30 years old and I see TPB is still running it---- , along the line of the Boys in some ways.

Black comedy --IMDB  8.2

Three disparate characters are nightwatchmen in an office block somewhere in Britain. Their night life is surreal to say the least. Anything can happen from a friendly werewolf, to an allegorical Mary who turns up pregnant at their door on Christmas Eve.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

Suspect

Should be dropping tonight or tomorrow.

Summary: Veteran detective Danny Frater is called to a hospital mortuary to identify a corpse only to find it is his estranged daughter. Traumatized by the news she took her own life, Frater sets out to discover the truth about her death.

• Like 1

Ozark Season 4 Part 2 came out. 
I've always have enjoyed the show as it's one of the more dark and quirky TV shows produced in the last couple of decades.  And Part 2 just started off as dark and quirky as it gets.  Six more episodes to the finale.  This should be fun.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Redemption

Thanks Will27---Came out in April, how did we all miss that.......:omfg:

6 episodes all out--- IMDB 7.3 same people who made   The Bay / Grace etc

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, connda said:

I've always have enjoyed the show as it's one of the more dark and quirky TV shows produced in the last couple of decades.  And Part 2 just started off as dark and quirky as it gets.  Six more episodes to the finale.  This should be fun.

just binge watched season 1 ,best series i have seen for a long time .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Spiderhead

Tried watching it last night--I thought quite woeful, I had seen Chris Hemsworth in "All the old Knives"--a good CIA type thriller IMO & he played a good role.

I watched All the Old Knives last night. Didn't see Chris Hemsworth anywhere. Maybe you meant Chris Pine. You can tell the difference by the accent. 

All the Old Knives was a 6 at best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, gargamon said:

I watched All the Old Knives last night. Didn't see Chris Hemsworth anywhere. Maybe you meant Chris Pine. You can tell the difference by the accent. 

All the Old Knives was a 6 at best.

Your right--- <deleted> I am getting worse, ....:w00t:... & Yes the write ups were not good on old Knives, but I thought it was well done.........

Edited by sanuk711

McDonald & Dodds---Season 3 ...4 episodes 1 each week. today  ChaosTV

Some think its the slowest crime series on TV--but seems to be popular, they have increased the episode numbers and lengthened each episode to 90 minutes. 

No Trailer for this season

-----------------------------------------------------

Justice -- Crime/court room Drama... Amazon TPB... 5 episodes--RAR 

This is 10 years old BBC1.... just re-released by Amazon

Justice is a British legal drama starring Robert Pugh as Judge Patrick Coburn, struggles against suspicious locals and his own colorful past in an effort to bring law and order to the Liverpool community of Dovefield.

Edited by sanuk711
Because I'm a Thick-o and hab Badd spellling
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Will27 said:

Suspect

Should be dropping tonight or tomorrow.

Summary: Veteran detective Danny Frater is called to a hospital mortuary to identify a corpse only to find it is his estranged daughter. Traumatized by the news she took her own life, Frater sets out to discover the truth about her death.

This one is getting horrendous reviews.

13 hours ago, connda said:

Came out in early May.

10 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

And...its James Nesbitt..... lucky I didn't do my usual ..."Should Be Good"   Seal of approval..............:coffee1:

James Nesbitt seems to have been typecast into playing angry and bitter characters..

The last 2 or 3 times I've seen him, he constantly seems <deleted> off.

Whether he's a grieving father or a disgruntled copper.

Has been in some real <deleted> lately IMO.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2022 at 1:13 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

Just starting on The Boys - a superheroes  series with a twist...Not my usual cup of tea but...

Anybody got any opinions?

Series 1 was OK but then the makers discovered how to film exploding heads & it sickened me.

Best thing I've  seen this year is 'Tehran' S 1 & 2.  I love it because it has lots of English subtitles - an aid to my failing hearing!

Do not touch 'Last Seen Alive'!  I like Gerard Butler but he is wasted in this trite storiless missing wife movie.  How he was persuaded to act in it; how anyone thought this was worth spending millions on; are mysteries beyond our ken. 

• Like 2

Just now, mikebell said:

Best thing I've  seen this year is 'Tehran' S 1 & 2.  I love it because it has lots of English subtitles - an aid to my failing hearing!

Do not touch 'Last Seen Alive'!  I like Gerard Butler but he is wasted in this trite storiless missing wife movie.  How he was persuaded to act in it; how anyone thought this was worth spending millions on; are mysteries beyond our ken. 

I've just finished binge watching seasons 1 & 2 of Tehran and I also thought it was very good.

• Like 2