What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

On 6/11/2022 at 7:59 AM, Mike Teavee said:

Mystic River popped up on my Netflix feed tonight & I'd forgotten what a great movie/actors it was/has, IIRC it was also one of the 1st movies Clint Eastwood directed. 

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000142/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0#director

IMO Letters from Iwo Jimo was probably his best movie as a director, on top of that dealing with a different culture/language and that the overall milieu involved a country that was at war with his own at the time (quite a surprise to us who remember when Clint had a reputation as a 'war hawk').  He even managed to come up with a Japanese Gregory Peck.  And those last few seconds of the film . . .

Some directors are notorious for re-takes, e.g. Kubrick supposedly might keep re-doing a scene for days on end: look up what Shelley Duvall has to say about making The Shining.   Clint is infamous among actors for being the opposite, often giving them just one take.  The only place where this jumped out at me was in Mystic River (hey there xylophone) when Laura Linney, who is supposed to have an Irish accent, sometimes doesn't, made we want to say to the screen "hey lady, you forgot to do the accent."  (I'm from NYC, we have a good-natured thing with Boston about accents, dey tawk funny up dere.) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone seen Episode 3 Dark winds----?   apparently released on 19th, cant find it in the usual places.

Dark Winds season 1, episode 3 release date.

Episode 3 will be released on the evening of Sunday, June 19th, 2022.

We do not anticipate any changes to the schedule yet..... https://readysteadycut.com/2022/06/13/dark-winds-season-1-episode-3-preview-release-date-and-where-to-watch-online/

44 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Anyone seen Episode 3 Dark winds----?   apparently released on 19th, cant find it in the usual places.

We do not anticipate any changes to the schedule yet..... https://readysteadycut.com/2022/06/13/dark-winds-season-1-episode-3-preview-release-date-and-where-to-watch-online/

The earth is slow but the buffalo is patient.

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

You can get Ep 3 on EZTV

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, recom273 said:

Ragdoll series 2 has appeared - it’s a crime (serial killer) thriller on AMC+ filmed in the UK. The first series was interesting, a weekly episode, but the whole new season appeared in one hit last night. 

Sorry, appeared where?  

20 hours ago, mikebell said:

Best thing I've  seen this year is 'Tehran' S 1 & 2.  I love it because it has lots of English subtitles - an aid to my failing hearing!

Do not touch 'Last Seen Alive'!  I like Gerard Butler but he is wasted in this trite storiless missing wife movie.  How he was persuaded to act in it; how anyone thought this was worth spending millions on; are mysteries beyond our ken. 

Tehran series two is better than series one, the last episode is full of twists and surprises, well worth a watch.

Interesting bio on  Shaun Toub    who plays Faraz Kamali in the series

I have noticed that 1080 and 720 movies often have subs with them but if not Subscene is a good place to get them.  

23 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Can not................. Just 1 & 2 same everywhere --now they are talking about ep 4 ................:omfg:

AMC  I believe is the network that airs it in the US and looking at their website the first listing I see for Dark Winds S01E03 is on the 26th.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, recom273 said:

It aired on amc+ last night.

it appeared on my media server this morning, I’m sure it will be on the torrent sites too.

Oh balls, was season one released again .. damn, I was looking forward to another series .

Edited by recom273

6 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Can not................. Just 1 & 2 same everywhere --now they are talking about ep 4 ................:omfg:

Yeah EZTV took down the EP 3 they showed of the site. When I checked the file I actually downloaded it was not EP 3 . Somme totally different show. Sorry.

• Like 1

Just now, longball53098 said:

Yeah EZTV took down the EP 3 they showed of the site. When I checked the file I actually downloaded it was not EP 3 . Somme totally different show. Sorry.

It's OK --they done the same with YouTube....... Just annoying when they alter dates like that--

Just watched first episode of The Lazarus Project (TV Series 2022– ) - IMDb rating now 6.9/10.

Wow, if the first episode is an indication of the rest of the series, I'll be bingeing out soon.

It seems to be a suitable 'sorbet' for sci fi fans after finishing the brilliant The Man who Fell to Earth Series One 'main course' which sadly ends in two more episodes.

Thanks for recommendation @sanuk711.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Dr Strange

Falling asleep within the first 45 ish minutes, and this at 2000 hrs.  Stopped watching, and watched something.

Superhero movies just don't do it for me.  CGI pretty cool, but nothing else.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If you like Amy Schumer. I do. Plus you get Michael Cera all grown up.

Talking about Amy Schumer, I saw this a while back and was pleasantly surprised to find that I enjoyed the movie. Plus, it was good to see Goldie Hawn is still with us.

Edited by bobandyson

On 6/21/2022 at 8:23 AM, Will27 said:

Forensic Files II, series 3 has started.

I've got most episodes of all 14 Seasons of the first series.

Episodes are around 23-25 mins each so handy to watch one while waiting for Mrs to get ready to go with me to pop out to the local supermarket.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 10:42 PM, bendejo said:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000142/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0#director

IMO Letters from Iwo Jimo was probably his best movie as a director, on top of that dealing with a different culture/language and that the overall milieu involved a country that was at war with his own at the time (quite a surprise to us who remember when Clint had a reputation as a 'war hawk').  He even managed to come up with a Japanese Gregory Peck.  And those last few seconds of the film . . .

Some directors are notorious for re-takes, e.g. Kubrick supposedly might keep re-doing a scene for days on end: look up what Shelley Duvall has to say about making The Shining.   Clint is infamous among actors for being the opposite, often giving them just one take.  The only place where this jumped out at me was in Mystic River (hey there xylophone) when Laura Linney, who is supposed to have an Irish accent, sometimes doesn't, made we want to say to the screen "hey lady, you forgot to do the accent."  (I'm from NYC, we have a good-natured thing with Boston about accents, dey tawk funny up dere.) 

If you ever watch 'Honky Tonk Man' by Clint set during the during the 1929-37 great depression, watch out for the scene where he's in a flop house lying in bed. Next to him on a bedside cabinet is a bottle of Southern Comfort with a barcode on the label in plain sight.

This one also directed by him was great to watch.

9 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just enjoyed the first four episodes (of 6) of Baghdad Central season 1. Pretty good IMHO and worth a look. Thanks to @The Hammer2021 for the recommendation. I got it from TGx.

https://youtu.be/aS3fgGpcy8c

Sorry about the link above. Not sure how I mixed up Baghdad Central with Jimi Hendrix Red House, perhaps due to excessive Chang consumption.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Haha 1

Dead of Winter season 1 and 2.

RAR.

True tales of murder featuring first-person interviews with family and investigators. Each episode shows the detectives work to track down a killer, all while battling the unforgiving elements.

• Like 1