What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

Today I was poking about on iPlayer looking for something to watch and came across a movie called "The Wee Man" about the rise of a gangland enforcer in the Glasgow underworld. It's based on the story of Paul Ferris aka the Wee Man played by a young Martin Compston. I thought it was pretty good and worth a look IMHO.  Trivia: Due to Strathclyde Police (now Police Scotland) refusing to co-operate with the production company the movie was shot in London, not Glasgow. Only rated 6.0 on IMDB.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2113809/?ref_=tttr_tr_tt

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

While taking a look at The Wee Man on imdb this attracted my attention.

Fifty Dead Men Walking ( 2008 )

” Based on Martin McGartland's shocking real life story. Martin is a young lad from west Belfast in the late 1980s who is recruited by the British Police to spy on the IRA. He works his way up the ranks as a volunteer for the IRA whilst feeding information to his British handler and saving lives in the process. “

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1097643/

Thanks. I'll have a look at that.

On 6/30/2022 at 10:00 AM, IvorBiggun2 said:

Have looked at the site numerous times but doesn't show 'Swipe, Match, Murder: The Disappearance of Grace Millane'.

Youtube has several videos.

This one wraps everything up in about 30 mins. This murder case (no pun intended) is probably the easiest one to solve that you'll ever see in your life. The murderer had almost everything he did caught on CCTV. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Youtube has several videos.

This one wraps everything up in about 30 mins. This murder case (no pun intended) is probably the easiest one to solve that you'll ever see in your life. The murderer had almost everything he did caught on CCTV. 

Also on MV Group - 85 minutes

ch5.jpg

The Murder of Logan Mwangi

RAR

This powerful documentary tells the story of the investigation into the murder of five-year-old Logan Mwangi, whose body was found in a river just yards from his home in Wales.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This one may be worth a punt for Sci-Fi fans - Its got a 7.5 on IMDB but with not enough votes - the comments I saw were encouraging, even this one "A great story with a not so great execution, but it's still a good sci fi movie especially because there aren't many and even less that are really good".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, recom273 said:

This one may be worth a punt for Sci-Fi fans - Its got a 7.5 on IMDB but with not enough votes - the comments I saw were encouraging, even this one "A great story with a not so great execution, but it's still a good sci fi movie especially because there aren't many and even less that are really good".

That was quick and not a good sign.  As you have to figure 8-9-10s are from the production crew 

90+ not impressed 5 or less rating.  The best parts may be in the trailer ... ????

image.png.1161d8ca6802c6c443777fdd4f155bbb.png

image.png.8d1ff4773ecb1e0aa8081b1ede9fee07.png

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

his one may be worth a punt for Sci-Fi fans - Its got a 7.5 on IMDB

That looks good--recom273... Thanks...

When I saw the title -  Rubikon made me remember a really good CIA spy TV series 14 years ago -- Rubicon... I think the meaning is the same--(Crossing the) Rubicon. Didn't think it would still be around, but Good old T.P.B is still running the whole series 13 episodes. Lots of twists & turns in that one--- if anyone likes CIA/Spy type. -recommend it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

That was quick and not a good sign.  As you have to figure 8-9-10s are from the production crew 

90+ not impressed 5 or less rating.  The best parts may be in the trailer ... ????

image.png.1161d8ca6802c6c443777fdd4f155bbb.png

image.png.8d1ff4773ecb1e0aa8081b1ede9fee07.png

There were some honest viewer opinions on the site I got it from - that's why I mentioned it. The wife always likes to watch a movie on a Sunday night and I really struggle to find anything decent and new these days - In recent months we watched X, Hustle and a fair few more that were so memorable, that I can't even remember one. 

This one has caught my attention, a few comments that it should have stayed at one series. The Bronze Garden, HBO Latin America. 

• Thanks 2

School Town King (2020)

"The 18-year-old Book and 13-year-old Non, living in the slums of Thailand, already know a "life that started from zero".

kids.jpg

Edited by seedy

Riotsville, U.S.A. (2022)
Welcome to Riotsville, a fictional town built by the US military. Using all archival footage, the film explores the militarization of the police and creates a counter-narrative to the nation's reaction to the uprisings of the late '60s.

riot.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 10:40 AM, recom273 said:

Dreadfully boring, did not get to the end, crew on a spaceship the whole film did not bode well. Sherwood however is proving to be well made and entertaining. Just cannot understand why the police would want to spy on the UDM as they were the ones not striking.

just Watched  a series from 2011 called Jarrows law,its a courtroom series set in the 1700s about jarrow who gave us innocent until proven guilty ,really enjoyed it ,mind you even though it was made in 2011 in one episode there is a black lawyer ,quite a few black faces in the streets and even a black guy up on a murder charge ,amazing in the 1700s .????

On 7/2/2022 at 3:08 PM, recom273 said:

The wife always likes to watch a movie on a Sunday night

Are you the same recom273, who posts TV programs on UKchaosTV ....??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I meant to post this 3 weeks ago.... the best (in their opinion ) upcoming Movies for 2022.

As I am late with it--Elvis is already out.

It runs for 33 min--but --when it starts--if you move your mouse down to the bottom you will see its broken into 19 segments & names the movie.

Anyway as someone mentioned, sometimes the trailer is the best part of the movie.

I enjoyed Banshee, which ran for three seasons starting in 2013. It starred Anthony Starr, who is currently playing Homelander in the equally entertaining Amazon production "The Boys." If you like violence and mayhem interspersed with liberal doses of sex you might want to check it out.

• Like 2

Another interesting series is "Money Heist." It started out as a Spanish drama about a group of criminals plotting to rob the Spanish central bank. After enjoying immense popularity in Europe, Netflix bought it and put out an expanded versions based on the originall. Now, the Koreans are having their try at a remake.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

I enjoyed Banshee, which ran for three seasons starting in 2013. It starred Anthony Starr, who is currently playing Homelander in the equally entertaining Amazon production "The Boys." If you like violence and mayhem interspersed with liberal doses of sex you might want to check it out.

I thought Banshee was excellent.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Not sure if I got the idea here or not,

Yer -you did....

Jan Erik Olsson--was one of the main characters-in the robbery, although his part is played down a bit in the TVseries- his son had bar/restaurant close to Dolphin roundabout in Pattaya. (about 17 years ago)--  and latter when I moved from there to issan I met him-Jan, trying to make a living from a "Mum/Pop " store out side of Udon Thani. He was also trying to write a book (his side) I dont know if he got it printed, he went back to Sweden, and his son is married (kids etc)  & now lives in Nakhon Ratchasima (Khorat )

https://alchetron.com/Jan-Erik-Olsson

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

Another interesting series is "Money Heist." It started out as a Spanish drama about a group of criminals plotting to rob the Spanish central bank. After enjoying immense popularity in Europe, Netflix bought it and put out an expanded versions based on the originall. Now, the Koreans are having their try at a remake.

Sorry, the Spanish central bank was featured in the sequal. In the original series, they broke into the Spanish mint and printed themselves a billioin Euro. I thought the original series was the best of the three. The sequal was somewhat disappointing.