What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

2 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

I normally cant stand the "Italian Stallion", considering him just another American knuckle-dragger, and while surprised I even had a look, Iam thoroughly enjoying the series.  Some subtle wit here and there too, I hope it keeps it up.

I too had misgivings at first, but the storyline and the acting are both surprisingly good.

I just downloaded episode 7... can't wait to watch it tonight!

Tulsa.King.S01E07.1080p.WEB.h264-TRUFFLE[rartv]

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

I normally cant stand the "Italian Stallion", considering him just another American knuckle-dragger, and while surprised I even had a look, Iam thoroughly enjoying the series.  Some subtle wit here and there too, I hope it keeps it up.

I thought episode 1 was pretty ordinary TBH.

It's gotten a lot better.

I'm enjoying it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Last night I watched the first 2 episodes of The Peripheral. Pretty good so far and worth a look IMHO. I got it from TGx. It's already been recommended/mentioned in this topic (Can't remember who by).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8291284/

Fizzled out around E3, gave up. Lot of reviewers agree not worth watching to the end.

Andor picked up in the last 3 episodes. Looking forward to the conclusion tonight.

7 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Last night I watched the first 2 episodes of The Peripheral. Pretty good so far and worth a look IMHO. I got it from TGx. It's already been recommended/mentioned in this topic (Can't remember who by).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8291284/

+1 ... enjoyed that also.

Jack Ryan S03, good as expected.

Watching 'Echo 3' now, and also quite good.

6.5 on IMDB:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12762512/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Echo 3 ... a bit 'woke' but tolerable.  Checking off all the boxes, gay, interracial, handicapped.  If that bugs you, may want to give it a pass.

Kind of funny, as wife & myself watching, lesbian, check, handicapped, not main character, but at formal dress wedding, and titanium leg exposed, shy of knee, not just an ankle shot.  Next one I predicted, as male actor states "my husband wouldn't like that" ... wife is like, 'did he just say husband'.

Yep ... me "all they need now is interracial couple & all checked off".  Next scene, the husband is white, check.  Wife laughing her A$$ off.... 2 checked off in 1 actor.

Get past it though, as well worth a watch.

Almost like watching a sporting event on TV now.   Next 'woke' character show up in the scene and it's like "score" ... Ok check that off.

While I'm at it, the most woke thing I've seen, though again, it was quite enjoyable ... "Bad Sisters" ... gays, handicapped, interracial, and almost every white male character was an a-hole.  Just the title tells you it will be male bashing.

Bad Sisters:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15469618/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Edited by KhunLA

47 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

There seems to be a lot of hype about the White Lotus. I tried to watch it 3 times and can't even finish season 1 ep. 1. What's wrong with me?

Made it further than me, as I couldn't get pass the trailer ????

1 hour ago, bubblegum said:

There seems to be a lot of hype about the White Lotus. I tried to watch it 3 times and can't even finish season 1 ep. 1. What's wrong with me?

Beats me.

One of the best shows ever.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2022 at 7:56 AM, giddyup said:

As good as BB? Hardly. I gave it away half way through the first episode, found it silly and pretentious.

same here, better things to watch

1923, yellowstone 150, slow horses, echo 3, east New York, 

• Like 1

I downloaded and watched a TV series (only four episodes) from a couple of years ago called, "The Thief his Wife and the Canoe" (true story) and found it very good/entertaining, especially the acting of the "wife" which was brilliant, and Eddie Masan, as always was the same.

Just a note if you are going to download it........I found it on 1337x.to and there is the complete series to download, but be aware that the real documentary version of this particular event is included in the download, along with the four episodes of the TV series, so don't watch the documentary version first otherwise it will spoil it for the next four TV episodes!

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Beats me.

One of the best shows ever.

have to disagree but again people have different tastes/likes for different things, watched (fast forward a couple times) 3 episodes of season 1 and can't find anything interesting about it

• Thanks 1

Great Freedom is another movie with heavy subject matter but this one I think more "entertaining" than Till. Great Freedom is a great movie and what an ending! The subject of German oppression of gay people AFTER the Nazis lost the war because of the Paragraph 175 law is not covered that well internationally anyway, but this is not a documentary.

For an excellent documentary about Paragraph 175 (2000).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, xylophone said:

It would appear the US military has a penchant for massacring women and children, as witnessed by the My Lai massacre in Vietnam, and all of the above massacres had a familiar theme of the murder and mutilation of the the women and children, as well as rape. A sad history.

Unfair to single out the USA

All countries, in all times, in all wars, did exactly the same.

Colonization did all this - and much much more. Think the Congo as just one of the most glaring examples. South Africa and India as 2 more.