What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

On 4/9/2022 at 2:02 PM, LosLobo said:

All the Old Knives (2022) - IMDb 6.1/10, starring Chris Pine and Thandiwe Newton.

"Two CIA operatives, and former lovers, reunite at idyllic 
Carmel-by-the-Sea to re-examine a mission six years ago in Vienna where a fellow agent might have been compromised"

Great actors, promising to begin with but failed to deliver due to a weak, confusing but yet predictable script.

Totally confusing script IMO and I still have no idea what unfolded in the last 15 minutes. An absolute mess of a movie finale. Such a shame--so much promise.

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 4:32 PM, LosLobo said:

All the Old Knives (2022) - IMDb 6.1/10, starring Chris Pine and Thandiwe Newton.

"Two CIA operatives, and former lovers, reunite at idyllic 
Carmel-by-the-Sea to re-examine a mission six years ago in Vienna where a fellow agent might have been compromised"

Great actors, promising to begin with but failed to deliver due to a weak, confusing but yet predictable.

12 hours ago, xylophone said:

Totally confusing script IMO and I still have no idea what unfolded in the last 15 minutes. An absolute mess of a movie finale. Such a shame--so much promise.

By predictable, I meant that it was obvious early in the movie that the "whodunnit" was always going to be the leading man and not the leading lady. The script especially the ending was absolutely shambolic.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

The script especially the ending was absolutely shambolic.

Maybe I am just as confused as the script, but as you have watched the movie, and without trying to give too much away, I saw the leading lady, on the aeroplane, with two children, and one being taken away, when she was at the "headquarters" at the same time?? Or so it seemed??

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Maybe I am just as confused as the script, but as you have watched the movie, and without trying to give too much away, I saw the leading lady, on the aeroplane, with two children, and one being taken away, when she was at the "headquarters" at the same time?? Or so it seemed??

Yes I noticed that, I think she was so traumatized by the event that in empathy she imagined that she and her kids were on the plane. I assumed that It was only a visualization of her imagination.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2022 at 10:27 PM, recom273 said:

Taking a break from Rocco Schivone (which started off good, the rocco character is cool, but just developed into a series of mediocre storylines over 90 minute episodes) to start watching series 03 of wisting.

Speaking of Wisting, series 3 with subs has just dropped on TPB.

• Like 1

I've just started watching the first few episodes of Wire in The Blood season 1 (of 6). It's a British crime drama centred around a clinical psychologist who is recruited by the police to help solving difficult cases. Seems pretty good so far IMHO. Worth a look. Rates 8.3 on IMDB, not that I set any great store by that.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0337792/

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just started watching the first few episodes of Wire in The Blood season 1 (of 6). It's a British crime drama centred around a clinical psychologist who is recruited by the police to help solving difficult cases. Seems pretty good so far IMHO. Worth a look. Rates 8.3 on IMDB, not that I set any great store by that.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0337792/

Its a good series,rewatching it at the moment

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just started watching the first few episodes of Wire in The Blood season

Gosh you do dig up some old ones Mutt--- Robson green looks a lot better there then in Grantchester

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Amazon rebrands IMDb TV as Freevee.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/imdb-tv-amazon-freevee-1235231612/

And they'll have a couple of shows coming soon...

Bosch Legacy May 6  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxHjLPDVSko

Troppo May 20  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9BgNIvqzMo

Troppo has been available for DL for a while.

I didn't mind it.

Looking forward to Bosch.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I watched an absolute gem of a little movie last night, called, "The Siege of Jadotville" and it was about an incident in the Belgian Congo, where a battalion of soldiers from Northern Ireland were fighting on behalf of the UN, against Belgian mercenaries backed by the Belgian government and large mining companies.

The movie was expertly done, with great acting and battle scenes, and the only actor I recognised was Mark Strong, although every other actor in the movie was excellent.

The movie also included the part where Dag Hammarskjöld was travelling to the Congo to try and broker some sort of peace – – won't tell you the rest, but what I will tell you is this movie is well worth seeking out. Available on: 1337x.to  

I've had this movie on my to-do-list for over a year, I might now watch it based on your kind recommendation.

The main actor Jamie Dornan is quite famous or should I say infamous for the "Shades of Grey" trilogy for which he received the "worst actor of the year award"!

He also starred in Belfast and The Tourist TV series. He is also a contender for the new James Bond.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1

This crossed my mind today, while replying elsewhere with 'it's part of it's charm', as James Caan says something like that in the movie, when replying to "the whole country needs a paint job" ... appropriate for Thailand and all of SEA, I guess.

Thought it excellent, but at least, a good time filler, if needing.  Slow, nothing major, but definitely SEA vibe to it, 20-40 yrs ago.  Set in, and made in Cambodia, could be anywhere in SEA back then.

City of Ghosts ... https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0164003/?ref_=tt_urv

image.png.5aca67bff9b7d265662f5a808786260d.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

Just watching the latest version of  Why didnt they ask evans by Agatha Christie, seems ok ,glad to see that its inclusive and has a black person in the 1950s village in Wales ,also i noticed one walking in the street.just waiting for a non binery, " they" to appear. 

My autodownloader finally managed to find the first 4 episodes The informant, one of Wills recommendations and I started to watch it last night, looks good, Attila, from the golden life features in it, another classic from HBO Hungary.

Then I started Tokyo Vice - Looks really good, based upon a book, based around a true story - You can tell Michael Mann directs, all handheld camera, unusual angles - he's a master.

I caught Jackass forever last weekend, I didn't think it was so bad, I grew up on the series, so was OK to watch with the wife, who appreciates that slapstick style. I just thought it was just good infantile humor and stunts. The bear scene at the end was pretty intense. Went on 30 mins too long tho'

Anyone seen The Cane Field Murders? Some things upcoming, Better Call Saul S06 on Tuesday and Mayans S05 on Wednesday of this week. Next month, Tehran S02 and maybe, El Marginal S05.

• Like 2