Blast from the Past - 60's, 70's, 80's,90's Music (2022)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

The Spider and the Fly

There are many Stones tunes that show the influence of Muddy Waters and others on the American blues scene - and this is one of them IMHO.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 8:01 PM, DBath said:

Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit

(When I was in 3rd grade I played the Door Mouse in a puppet show, so I always identified with that passage in this song's lyrics).

We did the same scene DB, a hilarious script. In our production in front of all the parents, my classmate, playing the Mad Hatter, suddenly jumped scenes by asking 'What day of the month is it? ' when he should have been saying to Alice, 'Your hair wants cutting,' which was earlier in the script.

So we just carried on from that point thus shortening the play by several minutes!

https://www.alice-in-wonderland.net/resources/chapters-script/alices-adventures-in-wonderland/chapter-7/

Another wonderful song from Jefferson Airplane.

• Like 1

I think i was ten years old when they performed this song on a family tv show.

I had never seen anything like it,i was amazed and looking back at it

knowing now what i did not know then ,it is still a great song.!It was banned in many countries!The Osmonds!The song was about air polution.

Edited by jvs
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, bannork said:

We did the same scene DB, a hilarious script. In our production in front of all the parents, my classmate, playing the Mad Hatter, suddenly jumped scenes by asking 'What day of the month is it? ' when he should have been saying to Alice, 'Your hair wants cutting,' which was earlier in the script.

So we just carried on from that point thus shortening the play by several minutes!

https://www.alice-in-wonderland.net/resources/chapters-script/alices-adventures-in-wonderland/chapter-7/

Another wonderful song from Jefferson Airplane.

That’s so funny, what year? For me would’ve been around ‘62-‘63. Ours was same - all the parents were there. I’m surprised I can even remember back that far. 

11 hours ago, DBath said:

The Police - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic

The Police - Walking On The Moon

The Police - Roxanne

The Police - Message In A Bottle

4 of the best from the Police. Takes me back to my 20's....

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

4 of the best from the Police. Takes me back to my 20's....

I thought I was in my 30’s until I looked at the dates those songs came out and discovered I was in my 20’s also. Gee, I feel ten years younger now! ????

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, bannork said:

I think I was around ten years old, 1965 then for me. Things seem to stick in the brain from around four years old, especially good and bad things.

We lived in Nigeria from 1958-63 out in the bush mainly, my father was a civil engineer, contracted to build roads. I remember a severe toothache coming on. There was no dentist within a hundred miles, the pain was unbearable, I remember bawling.

Mother applied cotton wool soaked in whisky, it did the trick! The pain subsided, what relief!

I thank whisky to this day by religiously imbibing its magical powers.

\

You’re a year older than me, give or take. Alice in Wonderland must have been making the elementary school circuit around that time. So cool that you got to experience the bush country at that age. I was growing up in the trailer park around then with an Archie Bunker for my step dad. Sometimes I think I’m still trying to escape those years, but I’ve done pretty well for myself - considering. Thank God for whiskey, and that song by Thin Lizzy is great. 

Edited by DBath