Poll: When a food delivery driver arrives with a very urgent need to defecate?

Jingthing

First Poll of 2022!  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

None of those fortunately. We live opposite the village office and there is an outside toilet for village workers, security staff and anyone else………and it is always clean.

Edited by PFMills

3 minutes ago, mahtin said:

This appears to be doing a good job of flushing out the less than human amongst us.

Come to think of it… there is a road drain outside our house… I could lend him our garden hose. It has spray adjustment

Edited by PFMills
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

There isn't always time. Surely every person knows that feeling.

The answer is probably yes, as you are eliminating every reasonable alternative - my outhouse is not a bad alternative as my live-in [on the property] help has been using it everyday...

yes, I assume you also do not want them to use the guest bathroom either... but your question is how far do you let a stranger intrude on your personal space... 

Surely they will need a shower and a nap in my bed to freshen up before leaving...

I don't even like to use my bathroom if there are strangers in my house.... 

• Like 1

OK.

I admit it. 

I messed up.

Its easy to say yes if your home has a toileting option that is outside, far away, in your maid's room. etc.

But that was not the point of the question.

The question was meant to suggest a more difficult morality test.

Like you have one toilet in a smaller place and by allowing the driver in you would literally be HEARING and SMELLING the consequences. Just as your meal arrives!

Not so easy to say yes to that, eh?

Oh well. Maybe NEXT year!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

The world has gone too soft, my heavens, get off your ass and walk to the nearest food place and eat.

Pollution and traffic is bad enough here in Pattaya with all these middle aged Thai Grab, Food Panda,  and Hungry Now drivers somehow thinking delivering food is a job to be proud of. 

Job description: sit on your ass, wait for someone else to cook the food, and then you deliver it - what a bunch of horsesh!t.  EV drones maybe OK, but burning fuel and adding to climate change so some idiot in a condo 3 kilometres away can have a meal? 

Horsesh!t I say.  World has gone mad with apathy and laziness . 

2022 people, wake up and get off your asses and do the right thing.  Don't pollute

To answer OP.  Not a problem at our condo building.  Strangers not allowed in condo building, but there is a bathroom by the  ground floor swimming pool they can use.  

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I have admired your topics and many of your replies for some time now. But, with this thread, you are certainly entering into new areas of creativity!

Don't even know how to respond. Except to say I would likely welcome him in, and tell him to knock himself out! Why not? 

And tbh that should be the only response.

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

The world has gone too soft, my heavens, get off your ass and walk to the nearest food place and eat.

Pollution and traffic is bad enough here in Pattaya with all these middle aged Thai Grab, Food Panda,  and Hungry Now drivers somehow thinking delivering food is a job to be proud of. 

Job description: sit on your ass, wait for someone else to cook the food, and then you deliver it - what a bunch of horsesh!t.  EV drones maybe OK, but burning fuel and adding to climate change so some idiot in a condo 3 kilometres away can have a meal? 

2022 people, wake up and get off your asses and do the right thing.  Don't pollute

To answer OP.  Not a problem at our condo building.  Strangers not allowed in condo building, but there is a bathroom by the  ground floor swimming pool they can use.  

Cop out answer.

2 hours ago, Skallywag said:

He's not a stranger he's a service  staff like cleaners, curtain fitters and sex workers etc. Anyway  how could you ban strangers? How would you even define a stranger?lol

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

OK.

I admit it. 

I messed up.

Its easy to say yes if your home has a toileting option that is outside, far away, in your maid's room. etc.

But that was not the point of the question.

The question was meant to suggest a more difficult morality test.

Like you have one toilet in a smaller place and by allowing the driver in you would literally be HEARING and SMELLING the consequences. Just as your meal arrives!

Not so easy to say yes to that, eh?

Oh well. Maybe NEXT year!

I have 5 toilets in the house.

More than welcome to use the one attached to the living room but not a chance would the delivery driver be shown one of the ensuite toilets.

2 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Whilst i agree to an extent and I do avoid having food delivered.

On occasion after a big night on the beverages and none of the licenced drivers in the house are fit to drive I have ordered some McDonald's sausage and egg Muffins to be delivered.

12 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Either you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, you are seriously contlstipated, or you need an attitude adjustment. Some of us love the luxury of having food delivered. I would not say that delivery is a prestigious job. Just honest, hard working folks trying to make a living. Why begrudge them for that? 

You want to contribute to the environment? Give up your car and quit flying on planes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Either you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, you are seriously contlstipated, or you need an attitude adjustment. Some of us love the luxury of having food delivered. I would not say that delivery is a prestigious job. Just honest, hard working folks trying to make a living. Why begrudge them for that? 

You want to contribute to the environment? Give up your car and quit flying on planes. 

Gave up my car when I retired here a few years ago, have not flown in over 3 years.

Climate change is real and should be treated by governments more severely than Covid IMO

Money and privilege should not be a reason anyone is allowed to pollute the air that we all breathe with personal cars and motorcycles 

I think everyone else needs an attitude adjustment as most all seem to think that climate change and global warming is someone else's problem, and are unwilling to change their ways. 

This isn't 1950 or 1960 America anymore.  Cannot simply deny science and keep living like previous generations did if we want to leave this world better for future generations

Edited by Skallywag