What is the process if unexpectedly required to quarantine on arrival?

7 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Your clear and imagined assumption that Thai hospital services slow down in order to keep and therefore charge you for a longer period have in my years of experience (1 major operation and  other procedures requiring admissions) with Thai private hospitals (with high end comprehensive medical insurance) to be just that an unsubstantiated assumption based on no proof.

Oh  I dont know, someone said "scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real" ????

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 3:31 AM, Sheryl said:

Not really.

In order to be approved as either a Quarantine, Sandbox  or (in the now ended system) Test & Go hotel, the hotel has to have an arrangement with a hospital for the PCT testing and to handle any medical issues that may arise (in fact they are required to have a nurse "on call" 24 hr)- obviously, hotels do not have labs so cannot do the test themselves nor do they have medical staff.

So they find a hospital to partner with in that regard. It does not necessarily mean the hotel owners  have a financial  interest in that hospital. In most cases they probably do not.

However, that does not rule out completely either 1) some sort of below-the-table arrangement between hotel and hospital; or 2) the hospital on its own being interested in "milking" the unfortunate traveler.

"Things" happen in Thailand, everyone knows that. But, that being said, I wonder if there is not a bit of exaggeration about the extent to which Thailand is corrupted. I guess the risk of being exploited must be rather low.

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So your friend actually is serving out his quarantine in a hotel room, not a hospital room?

Yes.
Maitria Hotel, belongs to Chatrium group.
It's a few hundred meters from the hospital, normally used for medical tourists to recuperate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't have any direct personal knowledge on this to share. But, apart from the UK woman's episode and whatever's gone on with that, there are quite a few member posts in another running thread on this issue that seem to be suggesting the following for someone who tests positive right now:

--if the person has medical insurance, they're referred to/sent to a hospital for quarantine.

--if the person doesn't have medical insurance, they're referred to/sent to a hotel or "hospitel" to serve out quarantine at their own expense.

It's really pretty hard to understand how the government's policies and practices on this kind of a fundamental issue can be so vague and opaque.

In the case of new international arrivals, all are required to have insurance.

1 hour ago, orchis said:

favipirapir 200 mg first day: 2 x 9 (nine) tablets, then 4 days of 2 x 4 (four) tablets.
this one you have to take; this medicine is not approved in USA and UK.

Can these be flushed down the toilet, as they have no documented effectiveness against Covid, and are likely to cause damage to kidneys and/or liver?

My guess is that they give them only because Anustin bought truckloads of doses, probably from a "friend".

Edited by Boomer6969

4 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Can these be flushed down the toilet, as they have no documented effectiveness against Covid, and are likely to cause damage to kidneys and/or liver?

My guess is that they give them only because Anustin bought truckloads of doses, probably from a "friend".

but you still get charged for them, presumably....

8 minutes ago, bangon04 said:

but you still get charged for them, presumably....

Yes, but try to sue the frakkers for giving dangerous drugs without checking/monitoring kidney and liver function.

Edited by Boomer6969

20 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

sure.