What Medicines Should I Keep?

NoshowJones

Depends what symptoms you get, as with the flu, treat the symptoms. 

If you know someone HIV+, that would be a major plus, as they seem to treat all variants of, with an anti-viral, so 2 weeks of that borrowed from a friend, would be my first choice of self medicating.

• Confused 7
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, arick said:

A friend of mine has had corvid twice first time 6 weeks in bed second time 6 days. He has more antivirals in his System   for over thirty years. Also vaccinated. So HIV meds? So I don't think so! 

Why's that ?

Treatments I've read about, include the same anti-virals HIV folks take, so with that .... I think so !

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

...OP...may i say...if your ATK test shows POS for Covid-19, you need to get to a hospital and have a confirming PCR Test, then be prepared to be hospitalised and medicated by them as the drugs used for treatment are not available over the counter. There is a cocktail of anti-viral medications and these are tailored to your specific requirements which can only be considered by consultation as you will need a chest X-ray and blood work to establish any underlying medical condition you may have/had. All this is mandatory and you should not treat any Sars-Covi-2 infection lightly. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rwill said:

You could try the herb fatalaijone (ฟ้าทะลายโจร).  It is supposed to help with mild cases.  You can get it at most pharmacies or lazada.

Some refer to it as 'The King of Bitters'

Andrographis is called the “King of Bitters” : Terry Talks Nutrition

I have "prescribed" Andrographis  paniculata ( fatalaichone) for people with nasty colds, chronic bronchitis, etc. and they report symptomatic relief beyond what OTC drugs and even some RX afforded. Completely subjective and anecdotal, on this end, but some studies have been done, if not the highest quality yet.

If interested:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281535536_Andrographis_paniculata_Kalmegh_A_review

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, XJPSX said:

Listen to Robert Malone on Joe Rogan. He tells all the best drugs to use as he invented Moderna and now been kicked off mainstream social media.

Oof. I could not find that he has ever worked with Moderna? Where did you hear that he invented Moderna? In the 1980s he was one of the earliest scientists to publish about mRNA, although expert(s) seem to say that there are “hundreds of scientists who contributed more to mRNA vaccines than he did.”

Other of Malone's claim(s) from the Rogan interview are fact-checked here. Twitter and YouTube both took down the Rogan-Malone interview for spreading misinformation, although the interview with video is still available on Rogan's official (Spotify) channel.

Edited by landosmiles

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Paracetemol and Redoxan (vitamnin C plus zinc).

Strepsils or other favored throat lozenge

I agree about zinc. I saw a source suggesting 50 mg. twice a day upon first onset of symptoms.

Cough syrup with expectorant. 

i think there is a controversy about fever control especially for milder fevers. Fevers are your body fighting it. Why stop your body from fighting? 

It's too late after you're infected but I've been convinced that Vitamin D is a good thing to take. If 4K IU or more K2 is also recommended. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, landosmiles said:

Oof. I could not find that he has ever worked with Moderna? Where did you hear that he invented Moderna? In the 1980s he was one of the earliest scientists to publish about mRNA, although expert(s) seem to say that there are “hundreds of scientists who contributed more to mRNA vaccines than he did.”

Other of Malone's claim(s) from the Rogan interview are fact-checked here. Twitter and YouTube both took down the Rogan-Malone interview for spreading misinformation, although the interview with video is still available on Rogan's official (Spotify) channel.

Maybe that last paragraph tells you something.

5 hours ago, tandor said:

...OP...may i say...if your ATK test shows POS for Covid-19, you need to get to a hospital and have a confirming PCR Test, then be prepared to be hospitalised and medicated by them as the drugs used for treatment are not available over the counter. There is a cocktail of anti-viral medications and these are tailored to your specific requirements which can only be considered by consultation as you will need a chest X-ray and blood work to establish any underlying medical condition you may have/had. All this is mandatory and you should not treat any Sars-Covi-2 infection lightly. 

wow.... who said Thailand was not the land of Trust......?

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Why's that ?

Treatments I've read about, include the same anti-virals HIV folks take, so with that .... I think so !

Why don't you go and try some then and see if they help against corvid? I know that some people are still being prescribed AZT why not start with that one. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Depends what symptoms you get, as with the flu, treat the symptoms. 

If you know someone HIV+, that would be a major plus, as they seem to treat all variants of, with an anti-viral, so 2 weeks of that borrowed from a friend, would be my first choice of self medicating.

Why do you mention HIV? You are way off topic here altogether. How does a person like me who does not drink, so never goes to bars, is 100% straight, going to get involved with HIV?

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I agree about zinc. I saw a source suggesting 50 mg. twice a day upon first onset of symptoms.

Cough syrup with expectorant. 

i think there is a controversy about fever control especially for milder fevers. Fevers are your body fighting it. Why stop your body from fighting? 

It's too late after you're infected but I've been convinced that Vitamin D is a good thing to take. If 4K IU or more K2 is also recommended. 

Having adequate Vit D levels is important - not just for COVID but for many illnesses. However unless blood tests indicate a deficiency (all elderly people should check D3 levels now and then), should not take more than 600-800 IU daily.

Vit D accumulates in the liver and overdose can be harmful.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Why do you mention HIV? You are way off topic here altogether. How does a person like me who does not drink, so never goes to bars, is 100% straight, going to get involved with HIV?

You do know what you asked, and you did read my reply.  You may want to reread both.

Hint;  virus / anti-viral medicine

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Having adequate Vit D levels is important - not just for COVID but for many illnesses. However unless blood tests indicate a deficiency (all elderly people should check D3 levels now and then), should not take more than 600-800 IU daily.

Vit D accumulates in the liver and overdose can be harmful.

I suggest people refer to the many videos of John Campbell for information including about dosages for Vitamin D related to prevention of severe cases of Covid (but not to replace vaccines!).

A typical dosage for such preventative intent is about 4k IU but never over 10k.

Keep in mind that elders and the obese tend to not absorb D well thus indicative of higher doses.

The K2 is about preventing calcium cardiovascular risks for higher doses.

This is important.

Other than that I think worrying about D overdose is way overblown. Note this link from the mayo clinic. It refers to a daily dose of 60k iu being associated with toxicity. The truth is D toxicity is very rare and its not going to happen with doses of 4 to 8K iu.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/vitamin-d-toxicity/faq-20058108

Edited by Jingthing

A note about Dr. John Campbell.

He is not a medical doctor but rather a retired senior nurse with a doctorate.

However, he is very careful to refer to and include direct links to credible medical research studies.

He has done interviews with doctors and researchers across the world.

Sometimes he will present anecdotal information but clearly indicates when he does that.

Particularly compelling was a recent interview with an Israeli doctor that has put ALL his patients on D supplements noting the rather amazing outcomes he has seen.

Yes in sunny Israel.

He doesn't prescribe specific doses. You decide what to do in consultation with a doctor or not.

One thing I don't get which Campbell also doesn't get is why national governments aren't promoting D for this purpose. The conspiracy theory reason might be because D is cheap so no profit for pharma. A better reason is that they don't want people to take D instead of getting vaccinated.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

You don't say whether you have been vaccinated or not.

If not, better to go get tested as it could hit you hard. You can buy Lateral flow antigen test kits for as little as 99 baht to keep at home.

If fully vaccinated 2 or 2 + 1 booster, you probably have at least some protection.

Your age and health also need to be taken into account.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phetphet said:

You don't say whether you have been vaccinated or not.

If not, better to go get tested as it could hit you hard. You can buy Lateral flow antigen test kits for as little as 99 baht to keep at home.

If fully vaccinated 2 or 2 + 1 booster, you probably have at least some protection.

Your age and health also need to be taken into account.

Can you recommend a specific brand sold on Lazada?