Deadline for arrivals under Thailand’s ‘Test and Go’ scheme may be extended to mid-January

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

my arrival date was the 19th jan,now i have to cancel everything.I just hope tomorrows news will be good

Change dates to 14th ??? ( its outside of the Thailand Pass window, but there’s still time to reapply).... 

Or, Sandbox it is..... which isn’t too bad really... is it ???... erm, I kind of preferred that ‘forced little’ holiday !

2 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

my arrival date was the 19th jan,now i have to cancel everything.I just hope tomorrows news will be good

You don't have to cancel it

You can still adjust the QR code sending new flight (change the dates of yours if possible) and Sha plus hotel dates (they moved it for free for me) to the embassy and they will send you updated QR

Took like 2 hours for me for everything 

That you need to do if your new flight is not within 72 hours of original booking. If still within- you don't need to adjust the QR code

Edited by ololosha

13 hours ago, JackGats said:

So my own ass could be lucky again since it is due to arrive on the 14th.

Good Luck recommend you get PCR test to confirm you are not positive and again the mandatory PCR before departure and that you are lucky not to sit close to anyone who subsequently tests positive. Bear in mind you have a very high chance of contracting Omricron whilst in Thailand

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dialemco said:

Bear in mind you have a very high chance of contracting Omricron whilst in Thailand

Like anywhere in the world nowadays, right?))) 

And checking the statistics, Thailand has ~30 cases per 100 000 while the country where I live has 250 and UK 2000, so where is safer?))))

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, mikesalaugh said:

I am due to arrive 15th at 06.20 in the morning. IF the deadline is the 15th then am allowed in, or does it cut off at 23.59 hrs 14th?

Not sure if the deadline will be up to 15th or including 15th? Any know?

I'll be on the same Qatar flight on the morning of the 15th and have the same questions. 

26 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Understand now why BA cancelled all their flights to Thailand, such a bloody mess they have created with almost weekly changes of the entry rules.

Well to be honest the UK does that too..... they just did it yesterday! Fortunately relaxing requirements this time. 

He made clear that it is not possible to extend the deadline to February or April, as suggested by some tourism business operators, explaining that the government is focusing on “quality” tourists, not on the numbers.

Can someone please translate this for me?