Pub-like Eateries to Be Closed at Level 4 COVID Alert

snoop1130

3 hours ago, OishiRefill said:

<deleted> no humans other than the most heavily addicted need recreational drugs such as alcohol to maintain their "alive" status. 

The pubs and other entertainment places could stay open, albeit with a reduced monthly profit, just to tick over and not go totally bust, while the country goes dry for 6 weeks or something.

Just ban alcohol already including at 711.

I Like your style Oishi,

May I  suggest the bars could stay open with no alcohol sales, Heineken 0.0 Alcohol free beer could be served, looks like beer, tastes like beer, it just doesn't get people drunk, there are enough problems in life without adding Alcohol fueled Farangs squabbling over Grandma, spluttering and wheezing all sorts of Alcohol free germs into the Air, nasty.

Yes, 7Eleven and other convenience stores could join the movement by refusing any sales of Alcohol, also may I recommend smoking is banned too, it stinks, kills people and it's the most stupid pointless drug ever to acquire Addicts, should be banned immediately, and people who are caught smoking during the ban are thrown in Jail for stupidity. ????

Let's clean the world up, start a movement, ThaiVisa members leading the way. 

Edited by Broken Record
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Was on Soi 4 last night and it was goin' off! Most bars open. Even inside NEP the outside bars were serving beer, booze, billiards and babes in abundance! Talent level HIGH, unlike Pattaya/Jomtien where it's low and still a total sausagefest ????. Will be going back tonight to see if any changes. 

I was in Soi 4 last night and didn't see anything going off. The Stumble Inn and it's neighbours didn't seem as busy as usual and neither did ??? used to be Hanrahans. Was not aware of much activity from the Plaza. I expected it to be a bit busy with Soi 7 being closed up. 

Strange thing with forums, we go to the same places and experience different things. 

• Like 2

good luck i was cancell my ticket to thai .... bcs of the <deleted> coe again and scarry they close

sitting in bishkek for holiday , no pcr reuierd, no formalities , no mask anywhere..and party party

and the girls are woooooowww

for me come here 2nd time during covid

only its cold, but we even sleep allday until2 pm bcs of nightlife

supergirls best food cheap and no covid <deleted>

A series of off-topic posts debating bed space and staffing in the UK NHS, the efficacy of face mask wearing and other far-flung topics have been removed, along with a conspiracy theory post.

The topic of the Thailand-specific thread here is:

Pub-like Eateries to Be Closed at Level 4 COVID Alert

On 1/6/2022 at 2:54 AM, calbts2 said:

First - where is the scientific evidence that alcohol consumption is a main factor of outbreaks?

High levels of alcohol consumption can have an adverse effect on the body’s immune system, particularly the lungs.

https://adf.org.au/insights/alcohol-immune-system-covid-19/

Edited by SiSePuede419

On 1/6/2022 at 12:38 PM, billd766 said:

Which is the same environment, with or without alcoholic drinks.

Would most people sit in a restaurant for 4,5,6 hours? But a lot of people will happily do that in a "modified" bar/restaurant I believe. That is what I was referring to, not the environment per-say as in nature etc,etc.

16 hours ago, Dialemco said:

Yes because the horse has bolted nearly 200,000 infections daily officially which probably about 2 to 3 times higher.

probably much higher, France is doing 300K+ per day, from 10K/day only a few weeks ago

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Like 1

The virus isn't in the bar until someone brings it in from somewhere else, ie Makro, Tesco, Big C Wasadu, Global, etc wherever. So lets close the bars because of evil alcohol but the flimsy masks everyone wears that wouldn't stop ppm 5.0 will save us all as long as we don't go near those illicit establishments, oh....and your 4th, 5th, 6th 7th booster

• Like 2

7 hours ago, robblok said:

@chrissables

Actually after watching i think the guy is totally on many things. He said Sweden was a succes while its now known it was NOT and that had they tried the same strategy in an other more crowded country it would have been disastrous.

So that kind of shows what kind of guy this is, liberal with the truth and only looking what backs his opinion up even if it has been debunked already. So to be honest I have not much faith in the guy after having discovered this. 

The interviewer got the answers she wanted, that is not interviewing that propaganda. Kinda like watching Trump getting interviewed by a reporter that shares his views.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden-covid-no-lockdown-strategy-failed-higher-death-rate-2021-8

Ur rigth.In sweden today 27.000 new cases.In norway 7900 cases.Sweden have failed heir strategy.Many tourists from other countries fleed there last year for party and no restrictions compared to other countries in europe.

On 1/6/2022 at 11:46 PM, Trip Hop said:

Meanwhile the UK has just announced that they no longer require a PCR on or before day 2 after arrival and have replaced it with a LFT? They have also scrapped the requirement to isolate until you get the result?

Lateral flow test, I think it’s called as RT PCR can bring up false positives for just  normal flue, and are not reliable they have suddenly discovered 

1 hour ago, Dumbfounded said:

The virus isn't in the bar until someone brings it in from somewhere else, ie Makro, Tesco, Big C Wasadu, Global, etc wherever. So lets close the bars because of evil alcohol but the flimsy masks everyone wears that wouldn't stop ppm 5.0 will save us all as long as we don't go near those illicit establishments, oh....and your 4th, 5th, 6th 7th booster

Australia just locked up Novak djokovich for not declaring his vaccination status even though he has a legal exemption and has had  Covid-19’ , so natural immunity is now against mandates 

I guess bars in Thailand are just as dangerous 

Meanwhile in NZ you can be double vaccinated, triple vaccinated and go to a pub spread omicron, but those that are unvaccinated or have natural immunity from natural infections can not and now Australia has locked up the worlds number one tennis player who arrived to play for us in the Australian open, even though he has natural immunity and a vaccination exemption, shame on you Australia and NZ as they both are using the same made up rules 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Snig27 said:

I've been asked for my vax certificate three times this week in bars and restaurants and places like Samui have it as a requirement to get their green pass. I've had to show mine often when there. You also need to show it to board a plane etc.

Good. In CM and in Phuket I have never been asked except at the airport.

On 1/6/2022 at 5:24 PM, Snig27 said:

What's the bet they are still serving in the Army Club and various ministerial bars without any problem. 

Exactly they think that you cannot catch a cold in the army club thick that's,  I have had covid and its just a cold but they don't listen

4 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Lateral flow test, I think it’s called as RT PCR can bring up false positives for just  normal flue, and are not reliable they have suddenly discovered 

Misinformation. 

Someone has lied to you about RT-PCR tests, and rather than check out their lie, you posted it here. 

RT-PCR tests can easily distinguish between Covid and influenza, as can physicians. 

6 hours ago, simola said:

When will this end? Covid will be with us forever now. Are Thailand (and many other countries) going to impose restrictions every time a new variant comes along? There is no exit strategy to learn to live with it. Covid is not the big killer we were led to believe it was. The economic struggles and poverty  that is being inflicted on the people of Thailand will cause far more deaths and suffering than covid will. Tourism is essentially dead in Thailand now. 

Please provide a link demonstrating that Covid is not a big killer. There are 5 million dead who want to know they aren't dead. 

9 hours ago, Broken Record said:

I Like your style Oishi,

May I  suggest the bars could stay open with no alcohol sales, Heineken 0.0 Alcohol free beer could be served, looks like beer, tastes like beer, it just doesn't get people drunk, there are enough problems in life without adding Alcohol fueled Farangs squabbling over Grandma, spluttering and wheezing all sorts of Alcohol free germs into the Air, nasty.

Yes, 7Eleven and other convenience stores could join the movement by refusing any sales of Alcohol, also may I recommend smoking is banned too, it stinks, kills people and it's the most stupid pointless drug ever to acquire Addicts, should be banned immediately, and people who are caught smoking during the ban are thrown in Jail for stupidity. ????

Let's clean the world up, start a movement, ThaiVisa members leading the way. 

I think 90% of Thaivisa posters would leave Thailand if alcohol is no longer available. Plus the population would revolt. Maybe not if they make weed legal instead of alcohol everyone would mellow out (and get really fat) ????

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, rott said:

I was in Soi 4 last night and didn't see anything going off. The Stumble Inn and it's neighbours didn't seem as busy as usual and neither did ??? used to be Hanrahans. Was not aware of much activity from the Plaza. I expected it to be a bit busy with Soi 7 being closed up. 

Strange thing with forums, we go to the same places and experience different things. 

Strange indeed. Especially since Beer Garden Soi 7 and all the street side tables were open and serving, tho not busy. Had one at Beer Garden and left around 9pm. Stumble Inn was near full the hour I was there and Morning Night was quite busy too. Big Dogs not so much. Inside NEP Twisters was full to capacity. The other bars were not faring quite as well, but had customers. 

Of course 'going off' is relative. Not 'going off' compared to pre-Covid, but compared to just a few months ago and compared to Jomtien/Pattaya where I've spent most of last year...it was goin' off. And Soi 7 was OPEN. ????