ATK test kit prices

SidJames

They work out around 65 baht each on Lazada, many ways to pay, have you considered cash on delivery?

Other than that, I understand they can cost up to 150 in some pharmacies, heard 7-11 and Mr DIY may stock also (subject to availability)

I'd go cash on delivery with Lazda/shopee

Capture.JPG

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, SidJames said:

That's robbery.

The government should control the pricing as it's mandated now for many many people.

Actually says 179 on the box so I guess I got a discount? But yes, I agree the pricing should be controlled, I just wanted a few and didn't want to go running all over and being told "mai mee".

Weren't they having problems previously with dodgy ATK test kits imported by the Thai govt. from Chinese suppliers that were supposedly next to worthless?

Apart from the price, I'd be wanting to know is the test kit I'm buying actually one that is legitimate and produces reasonably accurate results for better or worse.

The wide price range @sqwakvfr posted above leads me to think there's still some dodgy test kits being sold out there.

13 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Prices in CNX:

1. Roche(1199 at Boots each box contains 5 tests).

2) Hip Bio Tech( 100 Baht at Boots)

3. BaiCare(7-11 49 Baht)

Tried all 3 and the process all three are very similar.  All came back negative.  

I have a PCR test next week so that result will determine if any these test are worth the "baht" I paid.  I am going to take another one the day before(probably the Roche one?). We shall see what my PCR test is result is in a about a week.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jaizan said:
2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Try a local government hospital. My small hospital up-country where I received my third jab yesterday has them available for 0 baht.

Can you take those away for test at home ?

ASAIK they are the same as you pay for in 7-11, Lazada etc. I was going to pick up a couple when I got my third jab yesterday but forgot.

8 hours ago, bobbin said:

Would be good if they had any..

Went to several 7's. Sold out..

Same at DIY.

i answered the OPs question..maybe you should contact the manufacturer and or Thai distributor; i dont know how to do that..sorry.

On 1/6/2022 at 8:05 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Weren't they having problems previously with dodgy ATK test kits imported by the Thai govt. from Chinese suppliers that were supposedly next to worthless?

Apart from the price, I'd be wanting to know is the test kit I'm buying actually one that is legitimate and produces reasonably accurate results for better or worse.

The wide price range @sqwakvfr posted above leads me to think there's still some dodgy test kits being sold out there.

I would even be wary of Lazada's sellers as anyone can sell anything, fakes and all, and Lazada is certainly not the most trustworthy to deal with.

On 1/7/2022 at 9:30 AM, sqwakvfr said:

I have a PCR test next week so that result will determine if any these test are worth the "baht" I paid.  I am going to take another one the day before(probably the Roche one?). We shall see what my PCR test is result is in a about a week.  

I was reading a variety of news and science reports on all this yesterday, after coming across this thread, with a particular emphasis on how well these tests do in detecting Omicron.

The latest medical indications are that Omicron infections can occur,be infectious and be found via PCR while the ATK nasal tests still show negative results. The suggestion is that saliva/throat test/swabs will give a better early warning indicator of Omicron.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/rapid-nose-swab-tests-covid-may-not-detect-omicron-quickly-enough-expert-says-2022-01-07/

Rapid nose swab tests for COVID may not detect Omicron quickly enough -expert says

"Jan 7 (Reuters) - Swabbing the nose with a rapid antigen test will not reliably detect the Omicron variant in the first few days of an infection, so manufacturers should seek U.S. approval to allow users to safely collect samples from the throat as well, according to an infectious diseases expert.

People can already transmit Omicron to others when it has infected their throat and saliva but before the virus reaches their nose, so swabbing the nostrils too early in the course of infection will not pick it up, Dr. Michael Mina, formerly of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and now chief science officer at eMed, said during a news conference on Thursday.

A study released on Wednesday on medRxiv ahead of peer review looked at 29 Omicron-infected workers in high-risk professions who had PCR and antigen tests done simultaneously on multiple days. The PCR tests of saliva detected the virus on average three days before the rapid nose-swab samples became positive."

So, if you just want a negative test result to show someone, regardless of the truth of the matter, then I guess the nasal swabs are OK.

But if you're doing to test to really find out if you're a threat of Omicron infection to those around you, then the saliva/throat swab test/method seems to be the better course.

• Like 2

Just got my PCR test result and it was Not Detected.  I took two ATK tests in the last 5 days and they were both Negative(used the Hip Bio Tech and Roche tests).  Based upon my limited experience the ATK tests were a good indicator of my Covid status.  The last time I had possible Covid symptoms were in December 2019.  This is when tourists were all over CNX and I had moderate symptoms for about a week.  I probably had Covid back then but of course there no tests at that time.