69 Provinces Become Control Zones

snoop1130

12-5-768x295.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 7 (TNA) – The Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration declared 69 provinces orange zones and maintained eight provinces as blue zones where eateries can open for alcohol consumption until 9pm.

CCSA spokesman Taweesilp Visanuyothin said the country entered its fifth wave of COVID-19 and CCSA declared 69 provinces orange (control) zones, up from 39 provinces earlier defined as orange zones.

There will not be a yellow (close-surveillance) zone, compared with 30 yellow-coded provinces previously.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-857341

tnalogo.jpg
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

This from the PR Thai Facebook page:

"69 provinces are categorized as a controlled areas (orange zone) except the 8 pilot tourism/sandbox areas (blue zone) provinces/areas which remain the same. The blue zone includes Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Krabi, Chonburi, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Phang Nga, Phuket and some districts in other provinces that considered as the pilot toursim areas."

You'll need to be logged in to FB for the whole statement here:
https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/

• Confused 3

14 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

waaw.. new colors... blue, yellow and green... but noboby knows how it works.... Phetchaburi today 23 new cases orange zone, Chonburi 1360 cases blue zone, ???? 

Money talks, not the covid (danger).

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

So utter confusion as to what is happening: what is allowed or not allowed, in which provinces; what does blue, orange or red mean, what do levels 1,2,3 or 4 mean?

No one seems to have a <deleted> clue!

Now I am a ???? bear of very little brain, but is it beyond the bounds of possibility to give a clear simple explanation of what is proposed, or has no one actually thought that far?

I just asked my lady in korat.She dont have a clue and dont care.I told her korat is orange..she just said ok..ha-ha

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

So utter confusion as to what is happening: what is allowed or not allowed, in which provinces; what does blue, orange or red mean, what do levels 1,2,3 or 4 mean?

No one seems to have a <deleted> clue!

Now I am a ???? bear of very little brain, but is it beyond the bounds of possibility to give a clear simple explanation of what is proposed, or has no one actually thought that far?

I too am a bear of very little brain

This colour and numbers thing is ridiculous its almost designed on purpose to be as complicated as possible Whilst not giving too much information

Just thank god You are not colour blind

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

This from the PR Thai Facebook page:

"69 provinces are categorized as a controlled areas (orange zone) except the 8 pilot tourism/sandbox areas (blue zone) provinces/areas which remain the same. The blue zone includes Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Krabi, Chonburi, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Phang Nga, Phuket and some districts in other provinces that considered as the pilot toursim areas."

You'll need to be logged in to FB for the whole statement here:
https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/

Chonburi blue zone ?????????????????????? January 7 there were 1342 cases...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, fangless said:

Since not everyone is logged into, or has any intention of logging into facebook, is there any chance of a summary?

Your wife or kids probably have Facebook if its the only option.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

- The entertainment venues such as pub/bar/karaoke are are allowed to temporarily open as restaurants from 16 January 2022. The venues are required to strictly exercise the COVID-free Setting measure and need to be approved by the provincial authority before 15 January 2022.

Source: https://aseannow.com/topic/1245914-69-provinces-become-control-zones/?do=findComment&comment=17101853

I wonder what the "the COVID-free Setting measure" is, what it entails. Vaccination certificate to enter?

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Adopt.

Or steal for the day , like when I go to Immigration and see my compatriots with a couple in tow. Apparently two kids with you is worth a saving of 4 documents to present.  Just a warning though, I tried it once with my 23 year old 'niece' and still needed all 85 documents and copies. To cap it all  she then found out I had 800k in the bank...big mistake.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DaLa said:

Or steal for the day , like when I go to Immigration and see my compatriots with a couple in tow. Apparently two kids with you is worth a saving of 4 documents to present.  Just a warning though, I tried it once with my 23 year old 'niece' and still needed all 85 documents and copies. To cap it all  she then found out I had 800k in the bank...big mistake.

You play that angle also.

Smart guy!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Whale said:

So a) Omicron is a major concern b) enough to impose restrictions c) pubs etc are a major vector of omicron d) most cases are from tourists/arrivees.

And their solution is to impose restrictions everywhere except those areas with the highest chance of it spreading, highest tourist/arrivee stats, highest concentration of pubs etc and allow all closed booze venues to sell food and reopen as a restaurant so they can keep selling booze?

Now I am happy I live in a province which is "open" but these actions show just how <deleted> the administration is. 

It's a cunning plan, Alcohol dependent Farangs will not dare wander far from a bar, so by making Tourist areas Blue, they won't go to the other provinces where they can't drink or carouse in bars, it's containment.

Very good idea by the experts that lead this country, they know the Farang mindset and a Blue Zone is like an open prison, Farangs will not wander far from a bar.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Jeez I dunno, I copied and pasted it....  doesn't mean I understood it! ????

In my book you're still a hero, unlike that other guy who made an unhelpful post about somebody's "wife or child"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Broken Record said:

It's a cunning plan, Alcohol dependent Farangs will not dare wander far from a bar, so by making Tourist areas Blue, they won't go to the other provinces where they can't drink or carouse in bars, it's containment.

Very good idea by the experts that lead this country, they know the Farang mindset and a Blue Zone is like an open prison, Farangs will not wander far from a bar.

I don't think the authorites  give  much thought to 'farang'. It's an obsession  of this forum that all legislation is aimed at 'farang'...

Its a deluded solipsism...

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1