Senior naval officer dismissed from service for his alleged drunken misconduct

webfact

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

Why if your acting like that its not the first time. If you feel that privileged then bam gone are your privileges. 

Why feel sorry for people who can't hold their booze AND use their rank and occupation to bully others. 

Bullying subordinates in some fashion is all part of being an officer in the military. Anyone who served knows that to be the truth.

He should have left his bullying tactics on the base I agree. But his pension was earned based on time served and rank achieved during his service to his country. To take that away because he threw a hissy fit isn't right.

Edited by EVENKEEL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 2long said:

When I started reading this in the publication not to be mentioned, I thought his punishment was a bit extreme, but it didn't take me long to realise he deserves all he gets.

But what I can't figure out is in a country with thousands of generals, how can a captain be described as a senior officer?

Indeed not a general but this is a Thai Navy rank directly below Rear Admiral and above Army Captain.

• Like 1

@EVENKEEL

My mistake, i was under the impression that soldiers made goed money when being deployed. But that is not the case. Then yes they should be thanked for their service. I really was under the impression they were well compensated for their risks. 

They are not then yes deserve the credit you talk about

However in case of this Thai guy i disagree someone like that has abused power before. I doubt this was a one off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2long said:

When I started reading this in the publication not to be mentioned, I thought his punishment was a bit extreme, but it didn't take me long to realise he deserves all he gets.

But what I can't figure out is in a country with thousands of generals, how can a captain be described as a senior officer?

Since a captain was accepted into the Cabinet and was touted as the next PM?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

Wasn't there an inactive post available , or are they all taken up?.....????

Real estate desk at a Naval base, I'd think, is inactive for the most part. How much more can they buy? I gues the whole province but really, how active is that posting?

He didn't seem to mind all the BIB losing their jobs. Som Nom Na is accurate here.

Edited by IAMHERE
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

He should have left his bullying tactics on the base I agree. But his pension was earned based on time served and rank achieved during his service to his country. To take that away because he threw a hissy fit isn't right.

I thought these types of pensions were based on completing a full term of service, and if he has indeed been sacked prior to that completion, the terms of the pension apply. I thought for example, a UK policeman could also jeopardize his pension by being fired for inappropriate behaviour.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Real estate desk at a Naval base, I'd think, is inactive for the most part. How much more can they buy? I gues the whole province but really, how active is that posting?

He didn't seem to mind all the BIB losing their jobs. Som Nom Na is accurate here.

I think real estate for army would also encompass maintenance and such of buildings on the base. Maybe its translated a bit bad.

12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

After the incident in Sattahip went viral and drew widespread criticism of Alongkorn’s brazen conduct, the Navy Commander-in-Chief Admiral Somprasong Nilasamai and Vice Admiral Naruepol Kerdnark, commander of the Sattahip naval base, both had their heads shaved, in accordance with the Thai naval ritual of self-discipline, to show responsibility for the incident.

????????:blink:

Sounds a little bit of something from an S&M ritual ????

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I thought these types of pensions were based on completing a full term of service, and if he has indeed been sacked prior to that completion, the terms of the pension apply. I thought for example, a UK policeman could also jeopardize his pension by being fired for inappropriate behaviour.

I don't know about Thai Military but would think him looking his age he has at least 20 yrs in. In the US 20 yrs gets you a pension. 

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

I don't know about Thai Military but would think him looking his age he has at least 20 yrs in. In the US 20 yrs gets you a pension. 

Most court martial imposed penalties in most countries to my limited knowledge can remove pension entitlements as part of the punishment, especially for gross misconduct 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2long said:

he's a NAVAL captain - so a higher rank:

What is a Navy captain equivalent to in the Army?

With the addition of the ranks of commander and lieutenant commander between lieutenant and captain, a Navy captain became equivalent in rank to an Army colonel.
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

@EVENKEEL

My mistake, i was under the impression that soldiers made goed money when being deployed. But that is not the case. Then yes they should be thanked for their service. I really was under the impression they were well compensated for their risks. 

They are not then yes deserve the credit you talk about

However in case of this Thai guy i disagree someone like that has abused power before. I doubt this was a one off.

I'm sure he's a dick. He must have made some enemies elsewhere to be canned like this, not just because he caused a scene. 

About the money these guys make, I'm clueless. I do know US Military are well paid which is why guys join up these days.