Forgetting to have the 2nd PCR test 5-7 days after landing. Will it effect chances of getting a 30 days extension?

48 minutes ago, Kitano298 said:

43 pounds! Ah man! So i repeat, when applying for a 30 day extension, will this be scrutinised? 

It could be a problem if you are flagged for not doing the test.

I might still be free. Just tell them you forgot.

• Like 2

While it is never smart to forget "official paperwork" , if you still get 1 , it does show "good intend" . I mean if it is within certain time frame , not after 3 weeks , when should be 5-7 days . I always believe that even officials do show compassion if a person does try to do the right thing , even after they done "wrong" in the 1st place . You can always have a bad officer , but i believe the chances of having a easier system after does rely on 2 sides , especially if you do have something not right .

So , go to test center as soon as possible and get yourself tested , you are too late , but if it is only a few days , you can get away with it .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, asiaexpat said:

What database could Immigration possibly use to determine PCR test status? The MorChan app is so messed up it is difficult if not impossible to report and the hospitals seem to be ignoring input to any database. I doubt Immigration will even know about a missed 2nd PCR test. 

Exactly, and especially now that the T &G Program has been shelved, as much as anything because of the implementation/admin issues. Immigration are not normally interested/concerned with  your insurance or vax status, only the details in your passport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asiaexpat said:

What database could Immigration possibly use to determine PCR test status? The MorChan app is so messed up it is difficult if not impossible to report and the hospitals seem to be ignoring input to any database. I doubt Immigration will even know about a missed 2nd PCR test. 

My wife posted on Facebook that although she and my kids got the test on the 7th day, they were unable to upload the results to the MorChana App. I told them at least keep a paper copy of the results to show you did receive the required 2nd PCR test. They aren’t extending their visit but they will be leaving Thailand on the 31st day of their visa free entry and I wouldn’t want not having the results of this test to complicate their departure.

29 minutes ago, mancub said:

Exactly, and especially now that the T &G Program has been shelved, as much as anything because of the implementation/admin issues. Immigration are not normally interested/concerned with  your insurance or vax status, only the details in your passport.

Thank you

8 hours ago, donx said:

My wife posted on Facebook that although she and my kids got the test on the 7th day, they were unable to upload the results to the MorChana App. I told them at least keep a paper copy of the results to show you did receive the required 2nd PCR test. They aren’t extending their visit but they will be leaving Thailand on the 31st day of their visa free entry and I wouldn’t want not having the results of this test to complicate their departure.

Unable to upload with Morchana yes, but in my case Morchana popped up a message with a URL for me to upload the test results to, which I did. Annoyingly the URL isn't clickable, so you have to screenshot it and then manually type into the browser.

22 hours ago, EricTh said:

If you don't do it, you know that you're breaking Thai law, don't you?

Look at the guy who left the hotel after taking the first test.

But we are all breaking Thai in one way or another every day right? So just to say one is breaking Thai law is ridiculous. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Kitano298 said:

43 pounds! Ah man! So i repeat, when applying for a 30 day extension, will this be scrutinised? 

seriously?? You spend 50K+ THB for plane ticket hotels etc but worried about 2000 THB test, come on dont be so cheap!

6 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

Unable to upload with Morchana yes, but in my case Morchana popped up a message with a URL for me to upload the test results to, which I did. Annoyingly the URL isn't clickable, so you have to screenshot it and then manually type into the browser.

What is it you uploaded? A photo of your test results or something else? Only my wife received an electronic copy (or was it a link?) to her test results in a LINE message. Neither my son nor daughter received anything other than a paper version of their test results. The Phatthalung government hospital was clueless about this required PCR test and treated my family as any other persons requesting  a PCR test. I’ll have to ask my son if he ever received a message from the MorChana App since I know he was able to install it whereas my wife couldn’t figure it out. I told her to delete it, reinstall it, choose English instead of Thai, and have our son help her. I don’t know if she ever did as I suggested.

In any event, I’m content that they have a printout of their test results in the unlikely event that someone asks to see the results of their 2nd PCR test.