ICE vs EV, the debate thread

KhunLA

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

fire stats been done to death ...

... ICEV lose big time in that competition

Why do you persist ...

vinyl-records-record-collection.gif

We have alteady done fake insurance numbers and Saul Goodman lawyer data, but now it is time to build a Thai EV data base and don't worry hybrids will not be included.

Thai EV fire 🔥 risk: 9.2 fire/billion miles

Tesla global: 5 fire/billion miles

ICE (USA): 55 fire/billion miles

1. Tesla 3 - September 20th, 2021, power pole collision Rama 2, Bangkok.

2. BYD Atto 3 - January 21st, 2023, house fire, Songkran. Traction battery did not burn.

3. BYD Seal - March 14th, 2024, Ratchaburi roll-over.

4. Porsche Taycan - May 24th, 2024, battery explosion, Paradise Car Showroom, Bangkok.

5. Neta-V - June 11th, 2024, median accident and fire, Saraburi.

6. Neta-V - June 12th, 2024, accident and fire at towing area, Tha Phra, Khon Kaen.

7. MG ES - June 22nd, 2024, hit axle part on the road, Chonburi motorway.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

We have alteady done fake insurance numbers and Saul Goodman lawyer data, but now it is time to build a Thai EV data base and don't worry hybrids will not be included.

Thai EV fire 🔥 risk: 9.2 fire/billion miles

Tesla global: 5 fire/billion miles

ICE (USA): 55 fire/billion miles

1. Tesla 3 - September 20th, 2021, power pole collision Rama 2, Bangkok.

2. BYD Atto 3 - January 21st, 2023, house fire, Songkran. Traction battery did not burn.

3. BYD Seal - March 14th, 2024, Ratchaburi roll-over.

4. Porsche Taycan - May 24th, 2024, battery explosion, Paradise Car Showroom, Bangkok.

5. Neta-V - June 11th, 2024, median accident and fire, Saraburi.

6. Neta-V - June 12th, 2024, accident and fire at towing area, Tha Phra, Khon Kaen.

7. MG ES - June 22nd, 2024, hit axle part on the road, Chonburi motorway.

Yawn!

and Zebedee said "Time for bed"

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Good night 😴 🥱. You have to get up early tomorrow morning, to check the queue at the local BYD charging station. 

I have given up charging at BYD, my last charging session should’ve been free and cost me about 320 THB, charging at home is free because I have Solar, however, I do have to pay at my daughters house in Chiang Mai and it really hurts having to pay five times less than an old BMW per kilometer

Edited by JBChiangRai
Add insult
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

I would agree with you as would the classification of New Energy Vehicles (NEVs) in China

IMG_1818.thumb.jpeg.ea351b7e8eca27230278d3bf484acc3f.jpeg

https://cleantechnica.com/tag/ev-sales/

Apart from being excellent EV propaganda, what does a vehicle clarification in China has to do with EVs in Thailand 🇹🇭?

Are we comparing coconut 🥥 with cherries 🍒 now?

If you have it, share the EV fractions of sales in China.

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

This thread is obviously not about TH only.  Just ICE vs EV.  I left it open, as surely most posts would be off topic if it was only about TH.

If you trolls can't keep it to 'TH' for a thread that is about 'TH' (EV in TH), then what would be the point of restricted this thread to TH.

Carry on ....

Nice....

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

I have given up charging at BYD, my last charging session should’ve been free and cost me about 320 THB, charging at home is free because I have Solar, however, I do have to pay at my daughters house in Chiang Mai and it really hurts having to pay five times less than an old BMW per kilometer

Good to see you are promoting the Bimmer and keeping the EOW fan club active. The E39 series is now 20-30 years old and still have a huge fan base, as it was the last model to have the amazing 6 cylinder in-line engine. 

I doubt the Sad-Seal club will have many members when the first Seals are that old in 2043-2053.

That is l, if any even make it that far.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Good to see you are promoting the Bimmer and keeping the EOW fan club active. The E39 series is now 20-30 years old and still have a huge fan base, as it was the last model to have the amazing 6 cylinder in-line engine. 

I doubt the Sad-Seal club will have many members when the first Seals are that old in 2043-2053.

That is l, if any even make it that far.

However, the best version of that car by a wide margin was the 540i

9 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Once a petrolhead always a petrolhead. Even the most lost souls can be saved by the sound of a V8.

One day I will give you a ride in the Bimmer and then you can build me a dream house 🏠

Apart from the silly car shape on the roof, it ticks some of my boxes for good architecture, penetration of light & use of space.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Once a petrolhead always a petrolhead. Even the most lost souls can be saved by the sound of a V8.

One day I will give you a ride in the Bimmer and then you can build me a dream house 🏠

The Dinosaurs didn't evolve either, look what happen to them :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA

24 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

The Dinosaurs didn't evolve either, look what happen to them :coffee1:

They lived happily 😊 for 165 million years and then through no fault of their own, the plug was pulled on them.

Even with the salvation of EVs, it is highly unlikely humanity will even last 0.1% as long.

• Thumbs Up 2

43 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

They lived happily 😊 for 165 million years and then through no fault of their own, the plug was pulled on them.

Even with the salvation of EVs, it is highly unlikely humanity will even last 0.1% as long.

Good to see that BMW still supplying parts for older vehicles

BMW Still Makes Parts For Older Cars, Including The M1 Supercar

Some are kept in stock, while others are built to order. Plus, there are still original parts built back in the day.

https://www.motor1.com/news/711335/bmw-makes-parts-older-cars/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Good to see that BMW still supplying parts for older vehicles

BMW Still Makes Parts For Older Cars, Including The M1 Supercar

Some are kept in stock, while others are built to order. Plus, there are still original parts built back in the day.

https://www.motor1.com/news/711335/bmw-makes-parts-older-cars/

They better do, the Bimmer might last longer than the dinosaurs 🦕. It is unbreakable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

They better do, the Bimmer might last longer than the dinosaurs 🦕. It is unbreakable. 

Do you know what I like about the 540i?

It's because its acceleration is good, not as good as an EV, but for the day, massive torque in any gear.  It didn't sound like a V8, on the contrary it just had a muted hum.

9 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Do you know what I like about the 540i?

It's because its acceleration is good, not as good as an EV, but for the day, massive torque in any gear.  It didn't sound like a V8, on the contrary it just had a muted hum.

The massive torque is handy when you have a little too much wine 🍷 in the system. 

2 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

I often see people posting that EVs are some sort of fad and that we will all go back to driving ICE vehicles, but the data shows that is unlikely. In fact we have already passed peak ICE sales in 2018 and they have been in decline ever since

IMG_6776.thumb.png.6010bf85bb153a5cf821a506feef5bbe.png

IMG_6773.thumb.jpeg.07ea9a08200fa623400e08e5f8ae94f8.jpeg

I’m sure many will have opinions on these graphs but remember to use data to support them

IMG_6772.jpeg.72cf389ee87b6ce3157c767b4a27a628.jpeg

The graphs are fine, but I'm not getting how 17 million is greater than 82 million. 

Incidentally, Deming was largely responsible for the development of Japanese quality systems. 

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

I often see people posting that EVs are some sort of fad and that we will all go back to driving ICE vehicles, but the data shows that is unlikely. In fact we have already passed peak ICE sales in 2018 and they have been in decline ever since

IMG_6776.thumb.png.6010bf85bb153a5cf821a506feef5bbe.png

IMG_6773.thumb.jpeg.07ea9a08200fa623400e08e5f8ae94f8.jpeg

I’m sure many will have opinions on these graphs but remember to use data to support them

IMG_6772.jpeg.72cf389ee87b6ce3157c767b4a27a628.jpeg

Did the cherry 🍒 harvest fail?

Last week electric car sales in China was 50%, but now it is suddenly 20% and that is even just an estimate and not data.

• Confused 4

Posted (edited)

Thoughts from another thread.   Not even considering the Haval H6 has a 32kWh battery, with NEDC range of 200 kms, so really life, probably 150 kms knocking around town, on full electric.   

Everest is a fuel hog 24/7.  Havel H6 will save you big baht when O&A  Along with saving you ฿580k when you buy it. 

Im thinking a nice installed Solar System for the house, w/change in the pocket.   Even more savings.

Having Solar & BEV saves us from ฿6 - ฿10k a month, from electric & petrol costs, if not more.

But hey ... UP2U :cheesy:

image.png.0cb5f09bc3fe90c2738d8707f113a882.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Turned over the Fortuner today. Eight years old, 100,000km, no problems (tires & batteries) and still has a range of well over 800km. 

Gen 2, 2.8l 

Tuna001.thumb.jpg.930e8231c5b4826375082687cdd860b2.jpgTuna002.thumb.jpg.85de92d2d4c7183dc3bd015578d938bb.jpg

Think how much you would have saved on fuel if it was an EV, it's staggering.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

Copious amounts of red wine tend to assist in that.

I just checked, Baht 234,219 in eight years for fuel, and not many EVs available here 8 years ago. 

12 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I just checked, Baht 234,219 in eight years for fuel, and not many EVs available here 8 years ago. 

I'm staggered at the savings you could have made. Maybe 190,000 baht saved.  Does that stagger you?

I think it's staggering, I'm truly staggered.