Restaurants are being targeted unfairly for a big jump in Covid Cases in Pattaya

webfact

11 hours ago, ExpatDraco said:

You mean some people died *with* a cold virus? People die from cancer, obesitas, traffic, smoking, hunger, hearth disease, ... why are those so called Covid deaths more important than other deaths? Even if those 5500000 were real Covid deaths out of a global population of 8000000000 that's peanuts and not worth blowing up the world economy. But hey, I understand, the media got you.

No a Covid virus... a cold virus is completely different type of virus.... 

If you do not know this, and do not think these extra deaths are important, I see no point discussing with you. I suggest you learn a bit more first. 

1 minute ago, Skeptic7 said:

You have the obnoxious and childish habit of telling others what they think and do. As a vegan, I think it's unethical, inhumane and unacceptable for humans to incarcerate, torture and slaughter pigs (or any animal) for sensory pleasure...taste buds.

Sure you do.  Still didn't  say how you would handle the situation.   Killl all the infected swine and not let them mix with the non infected, or let them all mingle and get each other sick?  You say let all the humins mix and drink at bars and spread the covid in the name of money and oleasure.  So how is it different?  One is a virus between pigs, and ones a virus between humans.  How do you control it?  All you said is you are a vegan.  You didnt say how to control one over ther other.  Of course the way its done is slaughter all the infected  pigs.  You cant do that to humans, but sure something  drastic must happen. You have to keep the humans seperate, and not let them mix.  You cant eradicate them the same as the pigs.  Now excuse me I have some pork chops to eat.

11 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Sure you do.  Still didn't  say how you would handle the situation.   Killl all the infected swine and not let them mix with the non infected, or let them all mingle and get each other sick?  You say let all the humins mix and drink at bars and spread the covid in the name of money and oleasure.  So how is it different?  One is a virus between pigs, and ones a virus between humans.  How do you control it?  All you said is you are a vegan.  You didnt say how to control one over ther other.  Of course the way its done is slaughter all the infected  pigs.  You cant do that to humans, but sure something  drastic must happen. You have to keep the humans seperate, and not let them mix.  You cant eradicate them the same as the pigs.  Now excuse me I have some pork chops to eat.

The "situation" you propose is not my problem, nor concern.

I don't open the venues...the authorities do. Which you and I are not.

Venues OPEN, I'll be in in 'em. Everyday, everywhere, every time. I'm healthy, fit and fully AZ vaxed, so jump to your usual frightened and juvenile, judgemental conclusions. You always do and ain't gonna sway me one iota. ????

On 1/12/2022 at 7:40 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I'm pretty sure the common cold is a coronavirus, but obviously not covid 19

Further/update... I just learned there are 4 type of Corona Virus that also cause the common cold....( and pre-infection with them could give some Covid immunity). Cheers.

On 1/11/2022 at 11:32 AM, ExpatDraco said:

You mean some people died *with* a cold virus? People die from cancer, obesitas, traffic, smoking, hunger, hearth disease, ... why are those so called Covid deaths more important than other deaths? Even if those 5500000 were real Covid deaths out of a global population of 8000000000 that's peanuts and not worth blowing up the world economy. But hey, I understand, the media got you.

Interesting post.

So, in your opinion, just how many millions, or billions, would have to die, before you decide the preservation of life is more important than money? 

No conspiracies.  No media hype.  Just post a number or percentage.   

On 1/12/2022 at 6:29 PM, Skeptic7 said:

The "situation" you propose is not my problem, nor concern.

I don't open the venues...the authorities do. Which you and I are not.

Venues OPEN, I'll be in in 'em. Everyday, everywhere, every time. I'm healthy, fit and fully AZ vaxed, so jump to your usual frightened and juvenile, judgemental conclusions. You always do and ain't gonna sway me one iota. ????

If its not your concern  the why do you reply and interject you way or no way attitude?  You can be healthy  twice vaccinated. fit as you say, but get the virus and it can affect you in suprising  ways.  Plenty fitness buffs, no issues in their health what so ever, have died.  You just never know how the virus will affect you.   I'm. Sure all the fit and healthy people that died would  disagree with you if they could.  You seem to be pubescent with your continued privileged  attitude.   But get covid and I bet youll sing a different  song.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, WEBBYB808 said:

If its not your concern  the why do you reply and interject you way or no way attitude?  You can be healthy  twice vaccinated. fit as you say, but get the virus and it can affect you in suprising  ways.  Plenty fitness buffs, no issues in their health what so ever, have died.  You just never know how the virus will affect you.   I'm. Sure all the fit and healthy people that died would  disagree with you if they could.  You seem to be pubescent with your continued privileged  attitude.   But get covid and I bet youll sing a different  song.

Whatever bro. Got better things to pursue than living the one and only short life I have in fear, as you apparently do. 

A life lived in fear is a life not lived. My life has already been fuller than most, a thousand times over, and I will continue to make it the fullest possible. 

I choose to live life. Enjoy letting life live you. Think you can save the world...you can't. You can't even save yourself. 

6 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Whatever bro. Got better things to pursue than living the one and only short life I have in fear, as you apparently do. 

A life lived in fear is a life not lived. My life has already been fuller than most, a thousand times over, and I will continue to make it the fullest possible. 

I choose to live life. Enjoy letting life live you. Think you can save the world...you can't. You can't even save yourself. 

You are confusing taking sensible precautions with living in fear. 

22 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Further/update... I just learned there are 4 type of Corona Virus that also cause the common cold....( and pre-infection with them could give some Covid immunity). Cheers.

Geez, I hope so. I have had every flavor of cold you can imagine. 

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You are confusing taking sensible precautions with living in fear. 

Nope, not confusing anything. General health and pre-cautions start with choices early in life and maintaining throughout. Diet being the most important. Exercise. Outdoor activities. No smoking. 61 now, 182cm and still 71kg, same as when 21. 13% body fat. Vegan for over 31 years. Daily exercise. 

Medicine and doctors have their place, but the key is to try to avoid ever needing them. Had the best possible health care (company paid) in USA for 35 years. Never used it, because never needed it. Do drink too much, but hey...nobody's perfect. 

Also fully A-Z vaxed and wear mask when and where required, but in times like these, pre-cautions are not one size fits all. 

Bar hopping in Udon last night and it was a blast. 6 bars and returned with 2 girls for a room party. Taking it easy today with swimming and a massage. Nice dinner tonight with a good bottle of red, then bar hopping again tomorrow. Off to Chiang Mai Monday for a week of the same. ????

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Haha 1

On 1/12/2022 at 5:58 AM, jacko45k said:

No a Covid virus... a cold virus is completely different type of virus.... 

If you do not know this, and do not think these extra deaths are important, I see no point discussing with you. I suggest you learn a bit more first. 

Interesting.

Cold and Flu viruses.

images.jpeg

17 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Nothing wrong with having respect for your enemy, and covid is a worthy adversary.  It's not up there with Ebola, HIV etc, but still demands respect.  

Allowing ego to take your eye off your enemy is a dangerous thing.  

29 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Nothing wrong with having respect for your enemy, and covid is a worthy adversary.  It's not up there with Ebola, HIV etc, but still demands respect.  

Allowing ego to take your eye off your enemy is a dangerous thing.  

Even the most cautious in eu are relaxing because its mild endemic by feb

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

Does Thailand have good enough medical to do the same as the EU?  

I think they have the best in SEA, have used them twice, but its how they are used,

spreading covid fear with controls is to coerce people.

we are 2 years into this hostipalizations can be managed better and now its milder lay off the social controls & blame games

With due respect EU would not have resources to deal with their levels of road accidents alone.

See you in treetown...

12 hours ago, tomyami said:

I think they have the best in SEA, have used them twice, but its how they are used,

spreading covid fear with controls is to coerce people.

we are 2 years into this hostipalizations can be managed better and now its milder lay off the social controls & blame games

With due respect EU would not have resources to deal with their levels of road accidents alone.

See you in treetown...

Singapore would have the best in South East Asia, but Thailand would be ahead of the rest. 

It's not so much about the quality, it's the quantity needed for that few percent of 70 million Thai's that will still require hospitalization, then you have immigrants and migrants, which includes farang.  

They can only manage the spread of the virus, and thus the need for hospital beds, by having restrictions and lock downs.  

They could just open up completely and let Charles Darwin's theory sort out who lives and who dies, but the temple BBQ's will be running 24/7 for weeks, possibly months, which would put Thailand in the world news for all the wrong reasons.  

They will do like many other countries, juggle the balance between opening up the economy, the spread of the virus, and their hospital capacity.  This will take months.

19 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

If you're willing to pay for it ( or have the insurance that covers you ), the medical facilities here are much better.

I remember you made this argument some time ago, and my reply is the same.  

If others who can also pay, or who are also insured, have already filled up all the hospital beds, where do you go? 

Perhaps you think they will auction of hospital beds, ICU placements, and ventilators, to the highest bidder.  ????   

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Perhaps you think they will auction of hospital beds, ICU placements, and ventilators, to the highest bidder

This is my point that you continue to miss, the hospitals are not filling up, the virus is getting weaker, the end of the pandemic is in sight.

You just like to continue with the doom and gloom, you must be gutted to see Tree Town is absolutely packed - lol

15 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

This is my point that you continue to miss, the hospitals are not filling up,

Can you guarantee this in the future?

15 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

the virus is getting weaker

Where did Delta go?

Do you think other variants will not appear?  

16 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

the end of the pandemic is in sight.

Is it?  Really?  

16 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

You just like to continue with the doom and gloom, you must be gutted to see Tree Town is absolutely packed

Not about doom and gloom.  It's happened in countries that are ahead of Thailand in their covid progress.

I have no problem with Tree Town being busy.  Once again, simply saying, if Pattaya / Thailand's hospital system reaches capacity, restrictions and / or a lock down will be implemented.   

How do you think they will ease the pressure on their hospital system here?  

Just now, Leaver said:

Can you guarantee this in the future?

Based on what's happened in countries with 100-200K cases a day and beds not being filled, yes.

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

Where did Delta go?

Don't know, don't care.

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

Do you think other variants will not appear? 

Of course they will bit waeker, or do suggest it's gonna become deadly for everyone that gets it?

Is it?  Really?

Yes, are you suggesting it's not?

Once again, simply saying, if Pattaya / Thailand's hospital system reaches capacity,

It won't. You do understand you can self isolate at home now right? or did you miss that memo?

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

How do you think they will ease the pressure on their hospital system here?  

They won't need to.

8 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Based on what's happened in countries with 100-200K cases a day and beds not being filled, yes.

Link, or I call BS.

Don't know, don't care.

Fail.

Of course they will bit waeker,

Link or I call BS.

do suggest it's gonna become deadly for everyone that gets it?

No one knowns.  Anything is possible.

9 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

It won't. You do understand you can self isolate at home now right? or did you miss that memo?

Not about isolation.  It's about if your body has a bad reaction to covid, will there be a hospital bed available?

10 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

They won't need to.

Why do you think Thailand will be different to other countries?  

Link, or I call BS.

Fail.

Link or I call BS.

No one knowns.  Anything is possible.

Not about isolation.  It's about if your body has a bad reaction to covid, will there be a hospital bed available?

Why do you think Thailand will be different to other countries?  

So everytime you have no response you call BS?

If you honestly think a strain will come out that once infected you'll die you really need help.....

The amount of people having a bad reaction to Omicron is tiny, or are you suggesting it's worse than previous strains ( that were dealt with )?

I've not once said thailand will be different, they will manage like many countries have with much much higher numbers, or are you suggesting they won't?

Most people i  know are now not concerned at all about Covid, you must be one of the few people that thrive on the doom adnd gloom, can't think of a reason why but up to you.