Non-O retirement application at CW -- rental receipts, etc. requested

28 minutes ago, tonray said:

Entering visa exempt, how would a person acquire 3 months of local rent receipts (unless you pay in advance ?)

I wondered the same, though it did not apply to me since I had been living here on Non-OA previous to my trip abroad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Entering visa exempt, how would a person acquire 3 months of local rent receipts (unless you pay in advance ?)

That was put in the requirements to prevent people from other provinces applying for a non-o visa in Bangkok.

If you are a new arrival and have a Bangkok address it will not be asked for.

• Like 2

The rental bill and payment receipts have been mentioned by others before in trip reports.

I carry all twelve rental bills, and payment slips (transfer done online, from my SCB account to my landlord's SCB account). I do not hand these over, and have not been asked for them, ever (CW - ext stay/ret/inc).

From a list, all residence-related stuff which has been mentioned by others in trip reports:

Lease: term runs longer than the applied for ext stay + ~ 3 months)
Blue book copy signed by landlord
Rental bills and receipts
Landlord's Thai ID card copy – lined through twice, "for Immigration" signed
TM30 filing 5 July 2019 (TM30 paper backup)
Photo_ House, self, number and name visible
Hand-drawn map + Google maps Streetview lon-lat

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

The rental bill and payment receipts have been mentioned by others before in trip reports.

He was not applying for a extension of stay.

He was applying for a non-o visa at immigration to get a 90 days stay and then the one year extension.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't provide one thing from that list.

Understood.

It's just a list I've assembled based on other first-hand reports here over the past ~ 10 ish years.

I provide all of them, save the rental bills and receipts. None are returned.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He was applying for a non-o visa at immigration to get a 90 days stay and then the one year extension.

OK, got it. 

7 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

It's just a list I've assembled based on other first-hand reports here over the past ~ 10 ish years.

I provide all of them, save the rental bills and receipts. None are returned.

Yep.

Think I've become bit over sensitive about what's required.

A very experienced poster that does excellent reports ...included on his list "bank statements" required at CW for retirement extensions.

Next thing is it becomes fact (in some folks minds)  they they are required.

The immigration officer accepting a document does not necessarily mean it's required.

However we all tend to go fully armed just in case. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That's right. I had been occasionally asked for rental receipts, etc., during Non-OA extensions over the years but did not expect it for Non-O visa application because it was not previously in list of Non-O requirements on Immigration site.

I hope I don't have to bring anything unexpected when I get the one-year extension next month. Anyone with recent experience extending from 90-day stay?

5 minutes ago, david_je said:

That's right. I had been occasionally asked for rental receipts, etc., during Non-OA extensions over the years but did not expect it for Non-O visa application because it was not previously in list of Non-O requirements on Immigration site.

It has been on the list for a non-o visa application for some time.

See: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

It is not a requirement for a extension of stay application . They may want a TM30 report or the receipt for one now,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been here 9+ years.  I have a plastic folder with every immigration issued documents, all rental receipts and rental agreements, WiFi receipts, utility receipts, bank books and proof of outside money transfers, airline ticket to Thailand, 90 day copies, TM-30 copies and Certificate of Residence copies and etc, that I take EVERY time I go to immigration for any reason.  Anything possibly asked for in the folder.

WHY..... A friend of mine,  --- doing a 90 day report --- was asked for his original rental agreement even tho he was at same address 10 years, he had to provide before 90 day processed.

Takes me 10 minutes to add copies to folder.  Also do 90 day 5 days early and extension of stay 30 days in advance in case of a problem - gives me time to solve the problem.  None so far

BE PREPARED for any request.

Edited by edwardflory
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, david_je said:

For (2), I had done the TM30 in 2019 but none since because I had impression from this forum it was no longer required for retirement extensions, etc. The IO only asked if I had done it, and did not ask for proof (I guess it shows in my record (?).

Pretty sure the IO needs a new TM30 if you come in on a new visa? In your case the IO let the issue go this time though? Maybe next time?

36 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Pretty sure the IO needs a new TM30 if you come in on a new visa? In your case the IO let the issue go this time though? Maybe next time?

I'm unclear about this myself. I did enter visa exempt. And I have not changed my Thailand address for years. Can you show me regulation on this pls? I don't know if IO considered the one-time 2019 TM30 filing sufficient or she let it go this time around.

19 minutes ago, david_je said:

. Can you show me regulation on this pls? I don't know if IO considered the one-time 2019 TM30 filing sufficient or she let it go this time around

A TM30 is not required for ongoing extensions. 

I always take copy of my lease just in case my address comes into question. 

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That was put in the requirements to prevent people from other provinces applying for a non-o visa in Bangkok.

If you are a new arrival and have a Bangkok address it will not be asked for.

Sorry but your answer raises a question.  If I buy a condo in Nonthaburi and so have a yellow house book but have been staying in rented accommmodation in BKK, do I apply for a Non-O (to then apply for a retirement extension) at Nonthaburi or CW and am I likely to be asked for rental receipts?

On 1/23/2022 at 10:24 AM, david_je said:

I had done the TM30 in 2019 but none since because I had impression from this forum it was no longer required for retirement extensions, etc.

Certainly not required in the case of retirement extensions. But my understanding has always been that a fresh TM30 is, indeed, normally required when starting over with a new visa, as per the non-O conversion which you were seeking on this occasion. So maybe you were fortunate at having encountered an immigration officer who had got out of bed the right side (for you) that morning on this particular point at least!

Edited by OJAS

37 minutes ago, thaibook said:

Sorry but your answer raises a question.  If I buy a condo in Nonthaburi and so have a yellow house book but have been staying in rented accommmodation in BKK, do I apply for a Non-O (to then apply for a retirement extension) at Nonthaburi or CW and am I likely to be asked for rental receipts?

If you are living in Nonthaburi you would apply for the non-o visa at the office there.

If Bangkok then you would apply there.

After getting the 90-day Non-O retirement visa a few weeks ago, they gave me 4 documents to bring back when I do my 1-year extension of stay: Statement of name, address, etc.,; TM7;  Acknowledgement of conditions of stay; and Acknowledgement of penalties for overstay. Has anyone been asked for anything additional in the 90-day to 1-year extension for Non-O retirement? Some of you are making me wonder if I need to do a fresh TM30 (first and only one was in 2019). Or did I already pass that hurdle when I got the 90-day Non-O? And after extension given, would I ever have to do another TM30 for next extension, etc.?  

On 1/27/2022 at 9:27 AM, david_je said:

Some of you are making me wonder if I need to do a fresh TM30 (first and only one was in 2019). Or did I already pass that hurdle when I got the 90-day Non-O? And after extension given, would I ever have to do another TM30 for next extension, etc.? 

If they did not ask for a TM30 report when you applied for the visa you should not need one for the extension application.

They probably noticed you are you using the same address as before when you were getting extensions.

On 1/27/2022 at 10:27 AM, ubonjoe said:

If they did not ask for a TM30 report when you applied for the visa you should not need one for the extension application.

They probably noticed you are you using the same address as before when you were getting extensions.

Do you mean "...you should NOT need one for the extension application"?

Also, do I need to get another bank statement to show the 800,000 is still in the account?

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, david_je said:

Do you mean "...you should NOT need one for the extension application"?

Also, do I need to get another bank statement to show the 800,000 is still in the account?

Thank you.

The missing not is there now.

You will need another bank letter and a copies of your updated bank book