Can I enter CW without my passport?

I know this is a weird question. I want to go assist a friend of mine a CW tomorrow or Tuesday for his extension but I do not have my passport at the moment (with agent).

I noticed last time that they scan our passports at the entrance of the building before taking our picture. Does anyone know if it is ok for me to enter with only a copy of my passport?

Thank you.

Pre-COVID I think you had to fill in your name/PP details (but not show the passport) in a book there at the WTMD/bag scanner.

No clue what it's like today? 

They do not ask for your PP details on the latest screening form.

I would think that a copy would be sufficient if asked for? Along with a  reasonable explanation.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1247025-all-visitors-at-the-immigration-bureau-chaeng-wattana-immigration-office-are-required-to-present-proof-of-negative-atk-test/?do=findComment&comment=17132494

Edited by mtls2005

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

They definitely allow people to enter with a good copy of their passport. Think about it. In many cases, someone's passport will be inside CW as you return to retrieve it from Immigration. I have done this.

Why would ones passport be inside CW Immigration and the person is outside? Over many years of different activities at CW I have always been given my passport back, even when needing to return for a stamp. Last visit in late December my passport was scanned on entry.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

There is no scanning or checking of any documents at CW. Lots of people there helping other folks with extensions 

was there this morning 

What times the appointment?

Your there for covid extension if I recall.

Hope no poor attitude from io.

Good luck.

5 hours ago, BritTim said:

In many cases, someone's passport will be inside CW as you return to retrieve it from Immigration. I have done this.

What was you case scenario? Every visit I have made involved waiting for passport to be returned to me, so there was no need to exit the building?

3 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

There is no scanning or checking of any documents at CW. Lots of people there helping other folks with extensions 

was there this morning 

I think we've determined that you went to MTT, and not CW.

• Thanks 1

Get a COLOR wallet size copy of your PP and carry it with you at ALL times.  This will sufice for a ...temporary... ID under Thai regulations..  If stopped,  Your wallet size will be held while you are given time ( usually 6 - 8 hours ) to get your PP and take to unit that has your copy.  My copy also has my Thai partner ID on reverse side which came in handy for a emergency visit to hospital. The hospital accepted temporary while I went home to get her issued ID card.

Do not ONLY have photo on mobile.  A hard copy is also a smart thing to have in wallet.

On 1/24/2022 at 8:35 AM, asiaexpat said:

Why would ones passport be inside CW Immigration and the person is outside? Over many years of different activities at CW I have always been given my passport back, even when needing to return for a stamp. Last visit in late December my passport was scanned on entry.

Please, what does CW stand for? 

On 1/24/2022 at 4:39 AM, BritTim said:

They definitely allow people to enter with a good copy of their passport. Think about it. In many cases, someone's passport will be inside CW as you return to retrieve it from Immigration. I have done this.

Wouldn't those people have a receipt showing that the passport was held at Immigration?

Hey guys,

It turns out a copy of passport is good enough to enter CW. I tried to explain myself, but they didn't really care, it was good.

Now, Please be aware that they are strict at the building's entrance. The usual form that you have to fill is scrutinized by someone and today he was on point. If you write that you are vaccinated, he will ask for proof, either by paper or phone. If you say you are unvaccinated, he will ask for a negative ATK result. I have seen a few people being turned away this morning.

Hope this helps. 

Edit: It went fine once we got into immigration after waiting for our queue (through QR code) and my friend got his covid extension. I can't report of anyone asked for a flight or being turned away.

Edited by BKKTRAVELER
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 8:35 AM, asiaexpat said:

In my case, my agent was inside the building and had my passport with her.

I showed a photo of my passport that was on my phone, and that was accepted no problem.

This was April 2021.

4 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Now, Please be aware that they are strict at the building's entrance. The usual form that you have to fill is scrutinized by someone and today he was on point. If you write that you are vaccinated, he will ask for proof, either by paper or phone. If you say you are unvaccinated, he will ask for a negative ATK result. I have seen a few people being turned away this morning.

Regarding the showing proof of ATK upon entrance to Chaeng Wattana Division 1 Government Complex:

I was advised that an ATK is required - Proof in the form of a photo - Your name and date written on a self administered ATK (lateral flow) test is sufficient (yes, I know someone could cheat but all east they are not getting silly and demanding certificates).

This requirement to present proof of a recent (with 72 hrs ) ATK is regardless of vaccination status. 

Thats as I have been advised - thus for anyone visiting it would be worth while to have proof of a self test to avoid a wasted trip. 

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Regarding the showing proof of ATK upon entrance to Chaeng Wattana Division 1 Government Complex:

I was advised that an ATK is required - Proof in the form of a photo - Your name and date written on a self administered ATK (lateral flow) test is sufficient (yes, I know someone could cheat but all east they are not getting silly and demanding certificates).

This requirement to present proof of a recent (with 72 hrs ) ATK is regardless of vaccination status. 

Thats as I have been advised - thus for anyone visiting it would be worth while to have proof of a self test to avoid a wasted trip. 

It’s just a sign at the entrance that everyone ignores and walks past. Nobody is there checking these things 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

It’s just a sign at the entrance that everyone ignores and walks past. Nobody is there checking these things 

Yesterday, they were checking and being strict about it. If you checked the vaccinated option, they did ask to see vaccination papers on a hard copy or our phones. If unvaccinated, they asked for a negative ATK result. I saw people getting turned away as I was waiting for my friend. The atmosphere just to get into the government complex building was intense and unpleasant.