Jump to content

Convicted murderer let out to kill again - after nearly 4 years he's nabbed for killing Phuket tattooist


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

 

A convicted Thai murderer was let out of prison and then murdered again, reported Thai Rath.

 

The story comes as fears mount that the murderer of a British national might not be treated severely enough. 

 

Region 8 police in conjunction with colleagues in Region 9 went to a house in Muang district of Songkhla where they arrested Assawa Chuaynukoon or "Ome" aged 32, at his wife's property.  

 

It is alleged that on March 4th 2018 he went with two other men - both 26 year olds already in custody - to Soi Patcharee in Muang district of Phuket where Ome shot Sinchai Kaewliphon, a mystical symbol tattooist.

 

Ome denied this but the two others present have implicated him.

 

The men had gone to see Sinchai who owed 10,000 baht from a 20,000 baht motorcycle purchase to one of the two other men.

 

He refused to pay and was shot.

 

Ome was taken back to Phuket.

 

Thai Rath reported that Ome murdered someone in 2009 and was subsequently released. 

 

Two British men were attacked by a sickle wielding man in the early hours of Saturday morning in Kanchanaburi, western Thailand. 

 

One died with many people online fearing that police claims of "justice for all" would not be served. 

 

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

 

 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-25

 

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

 

 
Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, webfact said:

It is alleged that on March 4th 2018 he went with two other men - both 26 year olds already in custody - to Soi Patcharee in Muang district of Phuket where Ome shot Sinchai Kaewliphon, a mystical symbol tattooist.

 

Ome denied this but the two others present have implicated him.

 

The men had gone to see Sinchai who owed 10,000 baht from a 20,000 baht motorcycle purchase to one of the two other men.

Hmm...so one of the two men who implicated Ome in the killing was owed money...

Edited by Bluespunk
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

So the man murders a person and was jailed for what, 8-9 years and than released? only to murder again now? something doesn't make sense in this article, i know that for murder people go in for like decades  if not for life and this obviously deranged person gets out so quickly?...

My deceased Father-in-Law murdered a Man by knifing him to death back in 1960 when they were both 20, both drunk after several days of drinking and were 'best friends' at the time.   FIL couldn't remember anything at all about the attack or the reason for it and witness's said they were arguing over something trivial.   FIL was charged and convicted of murder and sentenced to nine years in prison of which he did just four years and was released.  He never returned to the area where he previously lived and all the rest of his life he never showed any guilt or remorse for what he had done to his 'friend' or the agony it brought both Families relatives.   He talked about it in a matter of fact way that you might talk about watching TV or going shopping.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The men had gone to see Sinchai who owed 10,000 baht from a 20,000 baht motorcycle purchase to one of the two other men.

 

He refused to pay and was shot

Bloody ridiculous, out after 4 yrs for murder.

They sure will not be getting paid now, they did not think this one through, did they?

Dead for $425 approx, life is cheap to some it seems

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 dead + family left to pick up the pieces; 1 facing time for murder (+ eventually family left picking up the pieces) and 2 others probably looking at time for their involvement and all this for  ฿ 10,000?! Surely there must be a zero or two missing off the end of that number? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you read past news articles you can see that this isn't the first time this has happened  here.  I remember  reading an article before about a Thai serial killer that was released/ pardoned after serving a few short years, only to get out and kill again.  To be fair this happens in other countries too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

If you read past news articles you can see that this isn't the first time this has happened  here.  I remember  reading an article before about a Thai serial killer that was released/ pardoned after serving a few short years, only to get out and kill again.  To be fair this happens in other countries too.

And where are you from that they have such lax laws ?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

My deceased Father-in-Law murdered a Man by knifing him to death back in 1960 when they were both 20, both drunk after several days of drinking and were 'best friends' at the time.   FIL couldn't remember anything at all about the attack or the reason for it and witness's said they were arguing over something trivial.   FIL was charged and convicted of murder and sentenced to nine years in prison of which he did just four years and was released.  He never returned to the area where he previously lived and all the rest of his life he never showed any guilt or remorse for what he had done to his 'friend' or the agony it brought both Families relatives.   He talked about it in a matter of fact way that you might talk about watching TV or going shopping.

Don't go out drinking with him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Might not? It's odds on that he won't!

might depend on how much bad publicity it generates for the Thai hierarchy...

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, ezzra said:

So the man murders a person and was jailed for what, 8-9 years and than released? only to murder again now? something doesn't make sense in this article, i know that for murder people go in for like decades  if not for life and this obviously deranged person gets out so quickly?...

Plead guilty sentence halved.

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, djayz said:

1 dead + family left to pick up the pieces; 1 facing time for murder (+ eventually family left picking up the pieces) and 2 others probably looking at time for their involvement and all this for  ฿ 10,000?! Surely there must be a zero or two missing off the end of that number? 

Missing off the end of the original jail sentence.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

And where are you from that they have such lax laws ?

You can look at many countries that have released serial killers, America included. Columbia,  Canada, UK, Norway, Italy, and Australia,  but thats not all, there are many.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...