Lazada, caution on high value purchases

JBChiangRai

Always, but always clear with the merchant your intentions to buy/order and whether they have in stock and if the price is correct, particularly with a merchant with no feedback, there are lots of shonky operators out there...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

The next day Lazada approved my refund, but I have to wait 3-6 weeks for the money to be returned.

I hate that.

The supplier Could easily refund you immediately.

Shoppee is usually better.

That was a big purchase!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

3rd party processors are the issue.Whilst they state "upto 6wks" etc, in my experience it rarely does take that long.

You're right, Lazada (in this case) are just covering their a_rse in case there are delays beyond their control.   It's one of the downsides of online purchasing and it is not anything new, uncommon or a big secret. 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

The problem with COD  if the item is faulty or you want to return item they only give you the option to return funds to lazada wallet....but falang can't have a wallet.... So Money goes in wallet how you get it out ? 

Foreigners can have a Lazada wallet now.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

The problem with COD  if the item is faulty or you want to return item they only give you the option to return funds to lazada wallet....but falang can't have a wallet.... So Money goes in wallet how you get it out ? 

you select the 'transfer from wallet to bank account' option. 

If the package box is damaged I tear back the part damaged and peek inside, i don't pay till i have seen its ok.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

When i pay by credit card usually refund is much quicker maybe 1-2 weeks usually nearer 1

I had them refuse to refund to a credit card, and only offer store credit. I didn't use the store credit soon enough and it expired. I complained, and got it back, but it was a lot of hassle.

• Confused 1

Wrong falang can have Lazada wallet going by the fact I have got one lol

12 minutes ago, Hoppyone said:

Wrong falang can have Lazada wallet going by the fact I have got one lol

When was the last time you actually tried using it to 'purchase' something ?

I have a (Thai) wallet, and used only for refunds, which lately (2), last week were promptly processed, both for 20+k baht.

1. refunded within 3 days to bank account after order cancellation, since finding same item, cheaper on flagship store.  Cancelled prior to shipping.

2. same item, not working properly, refund approved, just waiting for scheduled pick up of item for return, on the 29th.  Expect funds to be transferred within 3 days of receipt of return.

Never an issue with COD or prepaid refunds.  These 2 were both, #1 prepaid (7-11) as vendor required since >20k, #2 was COD, also >20k and only 500 baht cheaper, but better return policy.

Edited by KhunLA

I ordered a petrol lawmower from them a few weeks ago at what I thought was a low price. I was given a delivery date, but a couple of days later, the order was cancelled. I think they sprinkle the odd "bargain" into their site just to get you hooked, where in fact no such bargain exists. Fortunately my order was COD. I'm now reluctant to order anything else from them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Tarteso said:

What about cash on delivery? ????

I settled on that several years ago. Also, for high value items I buy locally if I can, preferring to have direct access to the vendor if (when?) things go pear-shaped. This has proven wise a few times when delivery was beyond reason, enabling me to cancel without risk of my payment being held hostage.

Also, when I return COD items the refund goes into my "wallet" quickly and I use that in small amounts to order pre-paid. Just my opinion and practice.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

Yes, that is now the case. You used to be able to spend what what was in the wallet but they stopped that a while back.

When you get a refund now you have to withdraw it to your bank account.

I had a refund a couple of weeks ago, the delay was no response from the seller and the refund had to wait until period expired then became automatic, once that happened I had the refund within hours and back in my account the following day.

I have had some cases where with low value items you get the refund without having to return the goods.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I ordered a petrol lawmower from them a few weeks ago at what I thought was a low price. I was given a delivery date, but a couple of days later, the order was cancelled. I think they sprinkle the odd "bargain" into their site just to get you hooked, where in fact no such bargain exists. Fortunately my order was COD. I'm now reluctant to order anything else from them.

Yes, I believe there are some old listing vendors didn't cancel / delete.  I actually ordered a countertop oven for one.  5k & 3k priced from same vendor.  Surprisingly, the vendor honored the lower price, then 'out of stock'.  

Have also had orders cancelled, when an excellent price.  Guessing just an old or expired price / listing.

I've order the last piece, then noticed a lower price for same item afterwards on same listing, but, 'out of stock' ????

And the opposite, on a LAZ or Shopee listing on 'shopping' page of Google, then listing opens at a much higher price.

Got to read the not so fine print of everything.

The same happens to me a wile back at Shopee.

I order a battery for my drone with a value of 4000 thb, and paid in advance.

Before I order I ask the shop some questions about the battery.

The same day I ordered and paid for the battery they cancel the order because not anymore available, and have to wait for my money for 6 weeks.