Thailand saved my life.

Top man

10 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

thanks for the sincere posting... 

Yes.  This was a sincere posting.

Let us hope that the poster soon finds his best way to return to Thailand, enjoy his life, and contribute in his own way to the people who live here.

The best way to feel GREAT (or better), is to contribute while in an environment that causes one to feel truly happy.

Happy people, those who are both content and forward thinking, contribute most to our society.

(I really do hope that this poster will find a way to return to Thailand, given that he seems justifiably smitten with this wonderful place.  Thailand, for so many, is a haven for those who love Asian culture at its best.)

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I like London ...... I just can't afford to live there as a pensioner.

Was back there in 2016, borrowed a pals bedsit near Kensington Gardens.

600,000 pounds for a fourth floor bedsit where you can touch all four walls from the middle ....... madness.

Love London. Lived there for a while in 1992. One day, near Downing Street, I walked, within a foot's distance, past Norman Lamont, who was then Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

Regarding corruption:

In Thailand corruption is visible and available for anyone, while in The West corruption is just for the well-connected Elite.

I prefer the Thai Style, as we can at least buy our freedom here as "average person", while in The West we are all complete slaves and just the Elite is able to buy themself freedom.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

51 minutes ago, Morpheus42 said:

Regarding corruption:

In Thailand corruption is visible and available for anyone, while in The West corruption is just for the well-connected Elite.

I prefer the Thai Style, as we can at least buy our freedom here as "average person", while in The West we are all complete slaves and just the Elite is able to buy themself freedom.

Is this the right thread?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I like London ...... I just can't afford to live there as a pensioner.

Was back there in 2016, borrowed a pals bedsit near Kensington Gardens.

600,000 pounds for a fourth floor bedsit where you can touch all four walls from the middle ....... madness.

I tell you what, no I don't live in England I am a pensioner in OZ and I live very happy I got every thing I need after I lost every thing in LOS I don't own a home anymore have no superanuation just live on my pension, have no problems with visas get a lot of help from the government with help to pay my rent and electricity and many other things free medical cover and hospital and I even used to come to Thailand twice a year (but not now as you know) in all the years I spend in Thailand I never ever went to a bar so don't call me a bar stool expert. So my opinion take it or leave it

• Like 2
  • Sad 3