Relative savagely attacked by Pit Bull - owner wasn't in time to lock him up

webfact

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A lovely looking dog... 

But.. would he ‘chew a child's face off’ if he managed to slip though the fence into the street ??

If a kid jumped into your garden to retrieve a ball etc... 

Answers: He can’t get out, he’s lovely with kids etc etc.. are all BS... These dogs are bread to attack, maim and kill things...   its instinct above anything else.

While these beautiful creatures are lovely, loyal pets most of the time...  there’s ’that time’... and if as a dog owner your animal has never bitten you or anyone else, thats quite incredible. 

There was one in the States, in the family's back yard, playing with the little girl. The damned thing suddenly turned on her and ripped her to shreds.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Dustdevil said:

I hate pit bulls. In the US there are at least two horror stories I know about--a little girl killed and a woman killed outside her apartment door because the idiot owners let two of them out.

How can you hate an animal? Do you hate wild tigers? You should hate the people who keep them dismiss the eventual with "meh,"  and are not locked away for decades for manslaughter for their irresponsible actions.

5 minutes ago, Dustdevil said:

I hate pit bulls. In the US there are at least two horror stories I know about--a little girl killed and a woman killed outside her apartment door because the idiot owners let two of them out.

How can you hate an animal? Do you hate wild tigers? You should hate the people who keep them dismiss the eventual with "meh,"  and are not locked away for decades for manslaughter for their irresponsible actions.

6 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

They are genetically near identical to a Pomeranian. If not for the small size  Pomeranians are some of the most dangerous dogs I have ever encountered !

You are in the wrong thread, the pro cannabis one is in 'Thailand News'......

• Haha 2

Just now, Dustdevil said:
4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A lovely looking dog... 

But.. would he ‘chew a child's face off’ if he managed to slip though the fence into the street ??

If a kid jumped into your garden to retrieve a ball etc... 

Answers: He can’t get out, he’s lovely with kids etc etc.. are all BS... These dogs are bread to attack, maim and kill things...   its instinct above anything else.

While these beautiful creatures are lovely, loyal pets most of the time...  there’s ’that time’... and if as a dog owner your animal has never bitten you or anyone else, thats quite incredible. 

Expand  

There was one in the States, in the family's back yard, playing with the little girl. The damned thing suddenly turned on her and ripped her to shreds.

Thats the concern.... And thats why I never believe any owner who suggests their dog is safe...

ALL dogs have a capacity to ‘turn'....  Some more so than others due to breeding and instinct and can do far greater damage.... 

2 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

No, I'll admit I'm not a fan of dogs; grew up with cats. So I especially dislike pit bulls. They are dangerous and many owners are clueless. Tigers are majestic and it's painfully said to see video footage of them shot or otherwise harmed.

3 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Humans, monkey's and apes are all primates, there is one that I would definitely give a wide birth..????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKKBike09 said:

Dogs, cats, people - all much the same. Nice as pie for years and then they suddenly snap, for no obvious reason.

Not for nothing that in Thailand they have a saying "สัตว์หน้าขนไว้ใจไม่ได้" ["sat na khon wai jai mai dai - 'animals with furry faces can't be trusted', which also applies to monkeys].

Always makes me nervous seeing young kids playing with larger dogs (or adult cats) because the kids often don't have the nouse to know what might upset the animal in question. Or maybe it is feeling off colour / has an unseen injury and so just wants to be left alone.

Pet cats don't suddenly turn on you if you treat them well. Some, like my young cat, don't know how to play with you without their claws (but some do), but they don't know they're being a bit rough, because they could really tear into your skin if they wanted to.

27 minutes ago, transam said:

Not so sure about that....????

To be clear many ARE dangerous and should NOT be allowed in public even on a leash. A reason so many Karens have pitbulls is the number of rescue dogs they now represent. In US I live in a dog friendly building. Last year saw some ladies' pit in the lobby lunge with deadly aggression at a smaller dog a minute later she is kissing its face and coo-coo babying it.  Another,  young lady is walking two pits in downtown area she can barely control the bigger huge one suddenly one lunged at me. If she dropped the lead or lost it I would have been attacked,  As I flee she yells "sorry he's is being rude".

I don't have the solution it is a societal problem.  If your livestock harms a person you should be held to the exact crime as if you committed it yourself. Manslaughter, assault with intent to commit grievous body injury, etc.. If you cant pay to make your victims whole financially you should have your wages garnished or even be punished in a type of debtors prison.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, saakura said:

I would rather euthanize Titan's owners.

Why not take it to the local temple where it can say "Sorry!"?

(Unbelievably, it's happened before, but in that case the owner died as a result of his injuries.)

It's all very well saying there is no such thing as a bad dog - the owners are to blame  etc etc, but these Pit Bulls are VERY dangerous dogs, and in some cases even their owners can't control them (See above) In my opinion they should be banned  - as in the UK and other countries.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

No. I have 3 children. The girl on the left isn't mine. But over the years they've had their friends around and never have I or my wife had concerns for their safety. Just cuz it's a Pit Bull doesn't mean it's aggressive. 

DSC00191.thumb.JPG.a74edbb465fc679ef033f20afe67bd38.JPG

I fully agree, the issue is that the owners often really do not know what they are doing. These dogs can be very good to kids since they have a very high tolerance for pain. So if a kid steps on them or pulls the ear this would be tolerated by the dog. I have friends with Pit-Bulls which are absolutely great with kids. Another issue is if they bite due to the power they have it poses an issue. Whereas a small dog bites there my be only a little bruise.

And do not forget this is Thailand. All houses are normally fenced-in at least if you have a alone standing house. No postman just "enters" no kid kust "enters". At least my gate is closed and you need to ring the bell. Sirely if you have dogs this is a MUST to prevent what happened in this case!

Edited by WorldTravellerMUC
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, DaveE13 said:

Love the look on her face ????

That <deleted> was a 80,000bt import from Russia, it's a British Short Haired breed. This other one, 30,000bt is a Scottish Fold breed. She's got more bloody money than sense!????????????

1643621996092.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roo860 said:

That <deleted> was a 80,000bt import from Russia, it's a British Short Haired breed. This other one, 30,000bt is a Scottish Fold breed. She's got more bloody money than sense!????????????

1643621996092.jpg

Many years ago my ex wife got 2 British Short hair cats from a rescue shelter in Brighton. One was a Blue like the one in the photo. Beautiful cats but <deleted> me they were fat!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The dog behaved as most dogs would in Thailand. They're just burglar alarms and if anything the 'relative' would have known about this dog. So why did she enter the property knowing the dog was there? ????

It would appear that any stranger could also enter the property ,if the dog is loose at home , clearly it is a guard dog and not a pet , people should NOT be able to enter without prior request of the owners .  The owners of this Pit Bull should realize they will risk serious prosecution if a member of the public gets savaged . 

37 minutes ago, roo860 said:

1643621996092.jpg

Yep, she definitely has more money than sense. With the amount of stray dogs and cats in need of a home here, I've never really understood those that feel the need to buy an expensive breed in order to 'show off'.

Edited by somchai jones
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1