Relative savagely attacked by Pit Bull - owner wasn't in time to lock him up

webfact

Owners of any kind of dogs are responsible for their  behaviour 

If attacking people dog should be put down unless people trespassing 

On private property

A sign should be put up Warning people in the case of Pitbull terriers should be placed at the entrance just looking at these dogs would scare me off 

6 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The first person ever to receive a  'face transplant' was a French woman. and the dog that caused the injury was her own, yes you guessed it, Golden Labrador.

Dog breads, like humans, can have the odd fruitcake, or can be trained to attack.  ????

1 minute ago, shackleton said:

Owners of any kind of dogs are responsible for their  behaviour 

If attacking people dog should be put down unless people trespassing 

On private property

A sign should be put up Warning people in the case of Pitbull terriers should be placed at the entrance just looking at these dogs would scare me off 

How about this.....

https://www.petraveller.com.au/blog/banned-breeds-in-thailand

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They have a dog that is known to be protective an attack any one who enters the property who doesn't live there .

A person who doesn't live there entered the property . 

Didn't any of them think of the consequences ?

Bold of you to presume there was any actual thinking between any of them 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Here's my Pit Bull. Great 'ratter'.

DSC00142.JPG

DSC00137.JPG

Very cute. Similar colour and markings to mine. 

Ours is super friendly but I still make sure he's on the lead until strangers have been properly introduced and he knows they're 'with us'. After that, he just wants to play with them but of course you have to be responsible with any breed, especially large or strong ones. 

We had a few issues with a couple of local teenage boys creeping around our farm at night when I was away working in Bangkok so I feel a lot safer now they know he's inside the house and very protective of my girlfriend. They're not too keen on him so his presence has proved to be enough.

He's also good for catching pigeons, mice, snakes, Tookaes, JinJok's etc. 

image.png.75a2516ce39a5832c647c6b94324e585.png

image.png.ec3cb5bee6f100159ed11aa64ee4b580.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/photo-gallery-international-dog-day-2020-6-most-dangerous-dog-breeds-in-the-world-2839542/american-pit-bull-terrier-2839543

According to a data by dogsbite.org, in the 13-year period of 2005 to 2017, canines killed 433 Americans. Pit bulls contributed to 66% (284) of these deaths.

Rottweilers, over the 13-year period, inflicted 10% (45) of attacks resulting in death, according to data by dogsbite.org.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

But we still have victim blamers who will blame the injured party for entering her brothers garden when she knew that there is a dog present....  or did she know ?

Its all irrelevant whether the sister knew that a dog was present, this could have been a postman, delivery guy, a kid getting a ball etc etc....  A dog who can attack so readily is dangerous to everyone in the neighbourhood. 

The owners should be penalised of course, its is their fault that the dog was either poorly trained, or trained to attack....  but sadly, that dog will attack again if it's not dealt with. 

I disagree with some of your comments, I have kept Jack Russell Terriers for more years than I can remember both in Australia and here.

I currently have four and anyone known to them including children can enter our walled and gated house and land without a problem.

There have a protective instinct and if anyone not known to them tries to enter when we are not here they will have a problem.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I disagree with some of your comments, I have kept Jack Russell Terriers for more years than I can remember both in Australia and here.

I currently have four and anyone known to them including children can enter our walled and gated house and land without a problem.

There have a protective instinct and if anyone not known to them tries to enter when we are not here they will have a problem.

I take it you never get any delivery's then. 

• Like 2