Relative savagely attacked by Pit Bull - owner wasn't in time to lock him up

webfact

Dogs, cats, people - all much the same. Nice as pie for years and then they suddenly snap, for no obvious reason.

Not for nothing that in Thailand they have a saying "สัตว์หน้าขนไว้ใจไม่ได้" ["sat na khon wai jai mai dai - 'animals with furry faces can't be trusted', which also applies to monkeys].

Always makes me nervous seeing young kids playing with larger dogs (or adult cats) because the kids often don't have the nouse to know what might upset the animal in question. Or maybe it is feeling off colour / has an unseen injury and so just wants to be left alone.

• Like 1

So many children, as well as adults are murdered by these dogs in every country every year.  
In this instance I agree with genocide both for the breed of dog and breed of owner.

It is beyond my ken to understand the thinking that goes with this type of dog.  All I can think of is that it is some sort of weakness or inferiority complex.  Definitely a need to dominate others regardless of the consequences.  Jai dum.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, StevieAus said:
3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

But we still have victim blamers who will blame the injured party for entering her brothers garden when she knew that there is a dog present....  or did she know ?

Its all irrelevant whether the sister knew that a dog was present, this could have been a postman, delivery guy, a kid getting a ball etc etc....  A dog who can attack so readily is dangerous to everyone in the neighbourhood. 

The owners should be penalised of course, its is their fault that the dog was either poorly trained, or trained to attack....  but sadly, that dog will attack again if it's not dealt with. 

I disagree with some of your comments, I have kept Jack Russell Terriers for more years than I can remember both in Australia and here.

Well, I disagree with you some of your comments, I’ll take your anecdotal story and match it with another....

In the Uk, a Jack Russell Terrier used to terrorise our neighbourhood for a year or two... it just to chase kids on bikes, chase cars, after it bit a child it was taken away... that was that, the owners were irresponsible. 

I currently have four and anyone known to them including children can enter our walled and gated house and land without a problem.

This is the issue with some dog owners....  they are unable to accept that their dogs may bite someone.... 

There have a protective instinct and if anyone not known to them tries to enter when we are not here they will have a problem.

So.. the dogs won’t attack anyone known but will attack anyone not known.... 

So... If its a new kid in the area and they go into your garden to get a ball etc, you admit that your dog will attack them ???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Well, I disagree with you some of your comments, I’ll take your anecdotal story and match it with another....

In the Uk, a Jack Russell Terrier used to terrorise our neighbourhood for a year or two... it just to chase kids on bikes, chase cars, after it bit a child it was taken away... that was that, the owners were irresponsible. 

This is the issue with some dog owners....  they are unable to accept that their dogs may bite someone.... 

So.. the dogs won’t attack anyone known but will attack anyone not known.... 

So... If its a new kid in the area and they go into your garden to get a ball etc, you admit that your dog will attack them ???

I didn’t admit to anything, but there are no kids where I live so the issue will not arise.

I don’t wish peopleI I don’t  know coming onto my property uninvited.

That is my choice as happens all around the world where properties some government owned are protected with dogs.

Stay out and you don’t have a problem

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, big dendrobenaes said:

so ban the owners from owning dogs !!!!!

No, the owners shoud be put down at the same time as the dog. Anybody that supports Pit Bull ownership has no <deleted> idea ( even if they own one ) just how dangerous these dogs are.

13 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I didn’t admit to anything, but there are no kids where I live so the issue will not arise.

Of course not... because you can predict the future... a kid will never come into your area, right ?

Of course, no one does... In fact I’m going to get a Pit Bull to protect our house from all those people trying to get in and attack my Wife and I.....   its a small price to pay if a kid gets attacked... right ?

That is my choice as happens all around the world where properties some government owned are protected with dogs.

Are you suggesting your house requires the same protection has a high-target government facility ??

Thats all a bit too much ’its our right to bare arms and defend our property and our rights’ type spiel... 

You mean...  even kids should know to stay out and they won’t have their face chewed off by a dog with can’t tell the difference between a harmless child and a burglar.... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A lovely looking dog... 

But.. would he ‘chew a child's face off’ if he managed to slip though the fence into the street ??

If a kid jumped into your garden to retrieve a ball etc... 

Answers: He can’t get out, he’s lovely with kids etc etc.. are all BS... These dogs are bread to attack, maim and kill things...   its instinct above anything else.

While these beautiful creatures are lovely, loyal pets most of the time...  there’s ’that time’... and if as a dog owner your animal has never bitten you or anyone else, thats quite incredible. 

Your Pit looks somewhat less lethal if you can understand that. There's a 20 baht store locally that has 2 large fearsome looking beasts that lounge about as you 're shopping.

25 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

When I was a kid, "we" used to go scrumping......????

3 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:
3 hours ago, shackleton said:

Warning people in the case of Pitbull terriers

You obviously are out of your depth on this thread. Pit Bulls aren't terriers.

Think you may be, also, there couldn't be a much stronger connection with terriers than Pitbulls that were bred from terriers and are classed as American Pit Bull Terriers in the US.

5 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Waiting for all Thai apologists to come share their experience in moo ban where all soi dogs exchange wais with them when they pass them.

Been here near on 20 years, half of that in Bangkok and half in a small village full of dogs, and never had a problem....except for the barking.

1 minute ago, ThaiFelix said:

Been here near on 20 years, half of that in Bangkok and half in a small village full of dogs, and never had a problem....except for the barking.

Can you remember how many Pitbull breads you saw....?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThaiFelix said:

You don't have a problem till you have a problem. 

Yeah this is a harsh story, a dogs behaviour is generally (not in all cases) is a direct result of their upbringing and training, I'm guessing Titan 'attacking any one that came into the house' was meant as an attack dog rather than a pet.

No sympathy for the owner should suffer the consequences for his dogs actions, but I am suspecting a Wai will probably prevail as always.

As much as I love animals (and still feel sorry for the dog because not its fault its all it knew) the dog needs euthanised.