Relative savagely attacked by Pit Bull - owner wasn't in time to lock him up

webfact

I biased against and fear pitbulls/their owners  because personal experience but cant say I have not experienced aggression from other dogs. Like rottweiler, after being invited into the owners home. Overprotective. Giant Schnauzers, scary.  Decades ago you did not see pitbulls except in a junkyard. I have a scar from being attacked by an aunties Spitz too young to remember who keeps a Spitz? Also did not see any  dogs in supermarkets (prohibited), people strutting through airports with fake service animals snarling at each other,  even letting them defecate on the terminals indoor concourse then walk away.

Call them on  it they become aggressive just like they will fight you over a mask. We are doomed.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WorldTravellerMUC said:

I fully agree, the issue is that the owners often really do not know what they are doing. These dogs can be very good to kids since they have a very high tolerance for pain. So if a kid steps on them or pulls the ear this would be tolerated by the dog. I have friends with Pit-Bulls which are absolutely great with kids. Another issue is if they bite due to the power they have it poses an issue. Whereas a small dog bites there my be only a little bruise.

And do not forget this is Thailand. All houses are normally fenced-in at least if you have a alone standing house. No postman just "enters" no kid kust "enters". At least my gate is closed and you need to ring the bell. Sirely if you have dogs this is a MUST to prevent what happened in this case!

That dog doesn't some killer looking pitbulls

There is simply no place in this world for savage pets. None. Put that dog down asap. And penalize the owners. Big time. A million baht fine paid to the victim should send a message to other pathological super freaks who own animals bred to maim. Pit bulls are statistically the nastiest dogs in the planet. If the owner can't afford the fine, how about mandatory forfeiture of their home, as compensation?

Regardless of the value. It sends a message. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, somchai jones said:

Yep, she definitely has more money than sense. With the a2mount of stray dogs and cats in need of a home here, I've never really understood those that feel the need to buy an expensive breed in order to 'show off'.

Unfortunately they didn't have those 2 breeds she wanted at the stray cats home, but a couple of months ago someone who she knows their cat was hit by a car, the person couldn't pay the vet bill, 30,000bt, so she paid it for her. I reckon that'll do, or was she showing off?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Nice try.... but this one really can’t be polished by a website called ‘alpha-paw’ !!! :whistling:

The nbc article was a bit disappointing - the links ‘why do dogs chase their tale’ and ‘dogs feel sorry for humans’ didn’t work....   (reckon nbc were so embarrassed they removed ‘em !)

You like links... here you go...  

https://blog.dogsbite.org/2021/03/study-examines-dog-on-dog-attacks-uk-analyzing-news-media-articles.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2018/09/13/americas-most-dangerous-dog-breeds-infographic/?sh=2686c5ef62f8

Screenshot 2022-01-31 at 19.16.40.png

Screenshot 2022-01-31 at 19.19.37.png

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SimonRoget said:

Another reason to regulate the keeping of Pitbulls. They are more riskier than wild Leopards. So many people worldwide suffered the same fate yet the Pitbulls are still found unchained and unguarded.

Feel sorry for this lady.

I feel sorry for the kids who’s faces will be ripped off.... the families of those with maimed love ones or who lose loved ones due to an attack by a dog of a widely known as a dangerous dog... 

.... And all because an owner believes ‘my dog is ok, its well trained... look, it even plays with children’ !!!! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

5 Years later she's still here along with the children.

Cool story...   cool but stupid.

My brother had a Chow for 7 years. No problems whatsoever until one day he reached down to get the dog's food dish to refill like he had done all those years and the Chow, for no reason, bit him on the face. He had to have 16 stitches and still wears the scar 23 years later.

He loved that dog but without hesitation he had her put down.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The first person ever to receive a  'face transplant' was a French woman. and the dog that caused the injury was her own, yes you guessed it, Golden Labrador.

Just one small detail, a Golden Lab is a different breed from a Golden Retriever.

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Of course not... because you can predict the future... a kid will never come into your area, right ?

Of course, no one does... In fact I’m going to get a Pit Bull to protect our house from all those people trying to get in and attack my Wife and I.....   its a small price to pay if a kid gets attacked... right ?

Are you suggesting your house requires the same protection has a high-target government facility ??

Thats all a bit too much ’its our right to bare arms and defend our property and our rights’ type spiel... 

You mean...  even kids should know to stay out and they won’t have their face chewed off by a dog with can’t tell the difference between a harmless child and a burglar.... 

My Jack Russells over the many years I have kept them have never bitten any human.

I don’t need you to tell me how to live my life.

It sounds to me that you are suffering from a severe state of Nanny State Syndrome always trying to interfere and foist your views on others.

One reason I chose to leave Australia was because of the Government and people like you.

Couldn't be from the UK by any chance, had a lot of whinging Poms in Australia.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

The wife of the house owner said that the Pit Bull was a quiet dog but would attack anyone who entered the property.

Sounds like a natural born predator, quiet and deadly. Hold the owner responsible for having an autonomous weapon for a "pet"