THIRTEEN policemen sacked from RTP in January alone

webfact

49 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

As I understand it, dismissal results from wrongdoing and discharge results from failure to meet standards (health, efficiency, etc).

failure to meet standards (not enough money for boss).

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, LiamB80 said:

They stole 2k baht from me at a checkpoint in On Nut a few years back. I’ve hated them ever since. 

I'm 68 and loathe the police for their action in 72. But that's in the UK. But what happened  to you  at On Nut? It was notorious at one time for bent filth so much so that I stopped drinking in that area. A few police actions reverberate around the world.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Instead they went on to say that PM Prayuth had expressed his concern about zebra crossings making sure that the police were doing their duty in enforcing the law in this regard. 

The intrepid PM, ever so on top of it when it's the viral topic du jour...

• Like 2

President Xi's now 10 year purge on corruption divides perpetrators into flies and Tigers. Flies being low ranking public officers and Tigers being very high ranking public officers. Flies are usually executed and small number of Tigers have suffered the same fate, however most are spared the death penalty for giving up others and have long sentences ..... quite a difference here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LiamB80 said:

They stole 2k baht from me at a checkpoint in On Nut a few years back. I’ve hated them ever since. 

Me too. They wanted a lot more. I wish I had gone to Police Station but I was afraid of being set up so instead I paid up.