Bangkok to Designate Special Lanes for Motorcycles

snoop1130

It is actually a good idea for here as almost 85% of fatalities are motorbikes/cycles.

But, it would take many years to re-engineer the roads to accommodate this.  Will probably never happen, unfortunately 10's of thousands will die in the mean time very sad.

• Like 1

These motorcycle lanes (if ever created - highly unlikey) will be just be used as a shortcut for the usual idiots in their Benz, BMW, Pickups with silly stickers all over it and black smoke out the back, taxis and all the other groups that think the rules don't apply to them.

Why? Because the police are too useless/lazy to stop them.

Something needs to be done about the problem. During the last two years 1 Million motorcycles have been added to the roads in Bangkok and the main part of those are delivery drivers all driving like there is no tomorrow, just to make an extra couple of Baht per day. I regularily drive my motorbike in Bangkok, but the last two years it has become way more dangerous, as the delivery drivers are now swarming around you on all sides, searching for the tiniest small opening to push their bikes ahead in traffic. I would very much like to see statistic figures, showing exactly how many accidents delivery drivers are involved in.

Edited by Xonax