My unusual relationship and girlfriend

sniper

Guest Isaanlife

I married a girl from Isaan and we have never had so much as 1 argument in 14 years.

You have already talked yourself into this relationship void of any and all red flags.

To think you can have a relationship with someone you have seen face to face for 18 days is foolish thinking.

Poor Isaan woman. 1 kid. aged out. Definitely not what people are looking for except desperate farang's.

She knows she has no other chance to get married or she already would be if she was such a good catch and has you hook, line, and sinker.

Are you currently married to a Thai in Ireland that you are getting divorced from?

If you are not, how do explain speaking and reading Thai?

The fact you don't even live together and are squabbling, any sane man would be running for the hills.

But not you. Oh no. You are different! Yes Sir you are special! You are in love. There is no one else for you except the one gal NO ONE else would ever think about getting married to.

Sell up and move to be with your Love.

Before you even begin to think you are getting started, we will find you probably broke and kicked to the curb.

You found the one gal that no one else wants to due to her age, having a kid, being poor, etc. 

Forest Gump use to say "Stupid is as Stupid Does"

If you actually lived in Thailand and were not broke, being able to speak Thai and read Thai as you claim, you would have your choice of a bunch of lovely ladies with NO BAGGAGE!

You my friend are NOT her first love, and the fact you are arguing before even living together would cause most men with a brain to run away fast.

Heartbreak Hotel Dead Ahead!

3 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

married a girl from Isaan and we have never had so much as 1 argument in 14 years.

Arguments and disagreements seem to be a healthy part of any relationship usually shows people are communicating by expressing their opinions, feelings and differences. 

But wow, good for you sounds so perfect.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tonray said:

You have got to be kidding me....

How many times have we heard version on the same story? 

Some is proud to think her lady is clean, or almost clean, but all Im thinking of, how boring sex life would be. 

Should have made book about all the different frazes thai girls say for some reasons to please their new potential bf. 

I never do that

Never been with a Thai man

Dont like Thai Men

You not Old 

Have not been with a man and are 40 years old, while her sister had loads

It helps with the right tint on your glasses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DaLa said:

She's playing the long game, and those girls are the most expensive eventually. She sound ok though; if it doesn't work out for you send me her phone number.

As long it makes him happy in the moment, why not? 

Is like spending your savings in Vegas, you are happy,,,,,,,,,,,,, for short moment, and someone do get the jackpot, right? Could be him this time.

I feel I got the jackpot, but it have taken me 5 years to realize it, and still do not dear to believe it yet. But so far so good, still on deep water, and time will show. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 1

I cant give you any new advice more than the professors of Thailogy has given you above. Only ask you to not invest much financially in this relationship, atleast not initially and leave an exit door open.

Best of luck to whatever you end up doing!

Remember no one is indispensable!!!

• Like 1

OP you obviously have your own doubts but if you've came on here expecting some reassurance from this bunch of cynics you're onto a hiding to nothing.???? 

By your own admission she drinks alone in her room, sometimes goes absent and throws tantrums. On that basis it sounds as if she would not be easy to live with. Do you feel up to that challenge?

Only you can decide how you proceed but, for your sake do it  with caution, head over heart.

Good luck, fella.

• Like 1

Just a bit of relationship advice, girls love paragraphs - you should try using them.

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Hmmmmmmm ............

Well off Thai Chinese don't allow their sons to marry Issan girls.

Her story sounds unlikely.

This might be true in Thai soap operas 20 years ago but it has very little truth today.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, sniper said:

She acts up and has her tantrums fairly regularly about my personal situation because I am going through a divorce here and she picks fights with me over this issue regularly, I think that it’s her insecurity that causes her to act up this way, she will stop talking to me for a day or two and threaten to end our relationship but always calms down. So we have this rollercoaster relationship where we are lovely for a week or two then we have these same fights again and again over the same issue. 

I ain't signing up for THAT!

Wonder why anyone would?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sniper said:

I hope that our story continues long in the future. 

it sure went on pretty long here... 

Tantrums are likely some form of mental instability and that can get old fast. [and worse] ... though it seems you might enjoy it and it puts some drama in your life. Do you think you will still enjoy this when the tantrums escalate as you are likely enabling and encouraging them? 

best of luck to you - - maybe you have some sort of interlocking neurosis that you both enjoy? 

• Like 1