Tourist faces jail after sitting on coral - says he thought it was just rocks

webfact

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

And the message is, don't <deleted> around with Thailand's marine's, fauna and flora or you'll pay heavily for it...

Not a bad message to send, though this is not something major. I seen people do far worse standing on coral and stuff like that. This is not good let there be no mistake about it but its not a major crime IMHO. But sure something needs to be done to make people more aware of how delicate coral is. IF it is gone tourist wont come back.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I’ve often seen Thais raiding the sea bead collecting baskets full of sea urchins I would of thought that was illegal

Some sea urchins are edible and are not endangered, so probably not illegal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

He’s a Thai national it will be a slap on the wrist unlike the poor farang who got deported for holding a sea slug

Did he get deported?    If he did, it's pretty certain that it wasn't just for handling a sea slug, he was being investigated for other irregularities, wasn't he?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

He’s a Thai national it will be a slap on the wrist unlike the poor farang who got deported for holding a sea slug . I’ve often seen Thais raiding the sea bead collecting baskets full of sea urchins I would of thought that was illegal they tend to do it at nightfall but nobody seems to be bothered about it .

Urchins are a renewable food source. Coral is not.

• Like 2