Thai Minister’s support for vaping ‘goes global’

webfact

One of my main problems with vaping is sitting next to someone who is vaping, the clouds of smoke that these devices emit is really anti-social, I would rather sit next to a regular cigarette smoker therefore in my opinion there should be strict measures in place on where people can vape and not cause discomfort to other people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

One of my main problems with vaping is sitting next to someone who is vaping, the clouds of smoke that these devices emit is really anti-social, I would rather sit next to a regular cigarette smoker therefore in my opinion there should be strict measures in place on where people can vape and not cause discomfort to other people.

You're right there, it reminds me one night sitting outside a pub in Phuket Town and 3 of them on the next table vaping away clouds of smoke, we had to move and I smoke but my wife doesn't  

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Thanks 1

Vaping is pretty popular with the younger thai crowd. Supplies are widely available. Authorities never enforce "laws" for this segment.

It seems like the authorities mostly hassle Shisha places.

Next up: Playing cards legal?

Edited by mtls2005
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, piewarmer said:

vapes don't make smoke, just water, theres barely any smell, 1000 times better than ciggies and cigars

It totally depends what kind of flavor they use.

Some flavors are seriously annoying.

Vanilla flavor is one of the discord i hate most. That sweet smells stays forever and i can smell it a mile away.

Legalize vaping for sure.......

But been all flavors.

My girlfriend vapes and I'm glad that she changed from regular cigarettes many years ago.

She just use the liquid with nicotine and no flavors added, so there is no smell at all.

The only thing that annoys me are her vaping equipment which makes small clicks each time she inhales.

1 hour ago, jaiyen said:

Anything that goes into your lungs except fresh air is bad for you. Vaping still has many harmful chemicals.

It's not healthy, but if you vape without flavors, it's a better choice instead of the regular cigarettes.

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/causes-of-cancer/smoking-and-cancer/is-vaping-harmful

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Same with all smoking . Smokers stand and smoke directly outside where there is no smoking allowed . Hospitals a good example  example . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Anything that goes into your lungs except fresh air is bad for you. Vaping still has many harmful chemicals.

Not much fresh air in Thailand.  Carcinogenic pollutants + cig smoke = early grave/burn.  Doctors estimate 32,000 premature deaths per year from respiratory diseases.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, piewarmer said:

vapes don't make smoke, just water, theres barely any smell, 1000 times better than ciggies and cigars

Barely any smell? I hate all those sweet shisha-like odors I'm often surrounded with in restaurants these days. I never smoked but I prefer a regular cigarette smoker nearby over a vaper anytime.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Davedub said:

I wonder if the Thai government is aware of the detrimental effect the policy on vaping here has on tourist arrival numbers? I strongly suspect it is costing the country far more than people realise.

They are more concerned about the Thai Tobacco monopolies, as with beer, to keep those 'donations' rolling in.

• Like 1

I like watching the "vapistes" chugging along and emitting clouds of steam that seem so much larger than it's possible for their bodies to contain.

It reminds me of my childhood when I could see, from my house, the steam clouds rising from the locomotives passing through the shallow valley in which my village sat.

I can remember being taken to watch the Flying Scotsman pass beneath one of the bridges, up to the parapet of which I was held, on it's final scheduled run before retiring from regular service.