2-year-old boy drowns at pool villa in Pattaya on Valentine’s Day

snoop1130

S__8962063-696x392.jpg

A 2-year-old boy tragically drowned at a swimming pool at a pool villa in Pattaya last night (February 14th).

Emergency responders were notified of the incident at 10:00 P.M. at a pool villa in Soi Pratumnak 4.

Police, emergency responders, and The Pattaya News arrived at the pool villa. The young boy had already been pulled up from the water by his parents who were crying and in emotional shock. The boy was rushed to a local hospital where despite the best efforts of medical staff he was pronounced dead.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/02/15/2-year-old-boy-drowns-at-pool-villa-in-pattaya-on-valentines-day/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-02-15

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 6

11 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

When are people that make children going to learn... when a child isn't  sleeping you have to have eyes on them.  You can't just let them walk around like wild life and think they will be ok.  Very sad someone so young will never get to grow up when it was so easy to avoid.

Easier said than done! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I take it the parents were unaware of how to perform CPR, tsk tsk. Very sad. ????

Yes my thought too.... one hears how this is successfully employed  in these cases..

How often do we see such toddlers left to their own devices.... I do daily. 

• Like 1

Guess the Mother was to busy helping the Photographer husband taking pictures of the models for the photo shoot that they just let the little one wander around.  Such a shame that a 2 year old would be out at such an hour and not under a watchful eye.  RIP little one you are now flying free with the other cherubs.....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Bloody selfish parents. 

Living in a house with a pool and not taking care of their children. 

Put them in jail. 

In Australia we learnt a long time ago, children are inquisitive, they are always learning, always challenging themselves, this is why it's illegal to have a swimming pool without a child proof fence. 

They do not live at the location.  It was a villa rented for a photo shoot of models that the child's photographer father was doing and it appears no one was keeping tabs on the toddler.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

They do not live at the location.  It was a villa rented for a photo shoot of models that the child's photographer father was doing and it appears no one was keeping tabs on the toddler.

Thanks, but that's even a bigger reason to be more vigilant regarding child's safety. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Emergency responders were notified of the incident at 10:00 P.M. at a pool villa in Soi Pratumnak 4.

Should have been tucked up in bed by that time, while Mum and Dad were photographing the models. All pools should be fenced with child proof gates as in OZ, this is just irresponsible parents not keeping an eye on kids around a pool.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Thanks, but that's even a bigger reason to be more vigilant regarding child's safety. 

You are completely right and I alluded to that in my first post in the OP.  All I can say is many of the parents I have observed around Thailand in the cities or the villages never keep an eye on their children, they just let them run around unattended.

This is a "onlyfans* photo shoot 

Allegedly according to The Daily star the mother was on a snooker table at the time legs spread!

Not just a simple case that she missed her child for a second but total neglect.

Edited by onthedarkside
link to questionable source media outlet removed

4 hours ago, pacovl46 said:
15 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

When are people that make children going to learn... when a child isn't  sleeping you have to have eyes on them.  You can't just let them walk around like wild life and think they will be ok.  Very sad someone so young will never get to grow up when it was so easy to avoid.

Easier said than done! 

It's called responsibility and an essential part of being a parent. It's a 24/7 job. Which isn't easy, but necessary, otherwise you get kids drowning in pools.

Anyway, what the hell was a 2 year old doing up at 10pm? Even when I was 10 I had to be in bed before 9. That wasn't always easy when it was summer and light outside until 10, but it was called discipline.

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2022 at 5:22 PM, kwak250 said:

This is a "onlyfans* photo shoot 

Allegedly according to The Daily star the mother was on a snooker table at the time legs spread!

Not just a simple case that she missed her child for a second but total neglect.

Disgraceful.

It should be against the law for some people to be parents. 

Heart breaking...  It can happen so fast.  Once I was at a BBQ and the people having the BBQ had a pool.  Lot of people there.  I happened to notice a young child on the far side of the pool struggling to stay above the water in the deep end and everyone was oblivious and engrossed in their conversations so I ran and pulled her out.  You have to keep eyes constantly on them.  I hate to hear these kinds of stories.  So sad....

• Like 1

Yesterday in Thailand, next week in USA or where ever.

Parent, you are responsible for everything ! 24/7 

Ive been there and my kids are still alive, as far as i know. All though now they are stupid adults. 

And hey remember what you did when you were younger, it can fail any time. 

From my own memory i can recall when i was about 4-5 yo. Me and a friend found wallpaper in a cellar

and we thought it would burn good. So we stole matches to get the fire started.

Happily we failed as the paper was to moist. But i still remember that child stupidity from long time ago.

Or seeing a young guy with burnt skin allover his body, already operated many times on it.

His father was starting the BBQ with alcohol, bottle was lit, father threw it away, exploded and covered his son,

who was on fire then.

Being parent, it is a hard job !

9 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It's called responsibility and an essential part of being a parent. It's a 24/7 job. Which isn't easy, but necessary, otherwise you get kids drowning in pools.

Anyway, what the hell was a 2 year old doing up at 10pm? Even when I was 10 I had to be in bed before 9. That wasn't always easy when it was summer and light outside until 10, but it was called discipline.

Thais dont set a bed time for their children.  They let them practically do what they want.  Have you never seen them let the kids just stay up late even on a school night.  It seems like many dont care if kids are educated  as long as they can grow up work the farm, or send them money when they are older.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I take it the parents were unaware of how to perform CPR, tsk tsk. Very sad. ????

Having witnessed the outcome of an almost identical  sad situation where CPR was administered for a very long time with no knowledge at the time how long a 2 year old had been under water. Eventually the child regained respiratory function and a pulse to live on in a vegetative state. 

4 minutes ago, ross163103 said:

In my many years in Thailand I've always wondered why they don't have more swimming lessons--from birth, as too many children here drown every year. Plus as many have said; parents need to be more responsible. 

You might as well ask a few dozen other questions, to start with traffic deaths or more relevant to this topic: driving with small kids on bikes, without any helmets. Thais are selfish and careless, it is not limited to strangers, see this daily with kids and their parents in Thailand.

By the way, you do not need to be able to swim to not drown, many of the kids drown in low water.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, PuaSai said:

Heart breaking...  It can happen so fast.  Once I was at a BBQ and the people having the BBQ had a pool.  Lot of people there.  I happened to notice a young child on the far side of the pool struggling to stay above the water in the deep end and everyone was oblivious and engrossed in their conversations so I ran and pulled her out.  You have to keep eyes constantly on them.  I hate to hear these kinds of stories.  So sad....

If you have workers come to your home and you have a pool it is a great worry as they often bring their kids along as they can't find anyone to mind them.....