Improvements being made to Thailand Pass for convenience of travelers

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, Homburg said:

For vaccinated and uninfected travellers I can confirm no quarantine for Cambodia, not even 1 day.  I arrived here yesterday from UK (via BKK) having decided that it was easier to visit Cambodia than Thailand.  A negative PCR test was required before departure from the UK and there was a free of charge rapid test on arrival (are you listening Thailand?).  No insurance needed for Cambodia, although $50,000 cover for Thailand was required JUST TO TRANSIT through BKK!  My test result on arrival in Phnom Penh was negative & so I am now free to tour Cambodia without any restrictions. Transit in BKK was more of a hassle than arrival in PNH tbh.  I get the impression that the Cambodian Government is trying to rescue the tourist industry.  I do not get that impression from the Thai Government, rather that they are trying to create the impression that they are trying to do what Cambodia is actually doing.

which airlines are flying between cambodia and thailand?

20 hours ago, EricTh said:

Just scrap that ridiculous so-called 'Test-and-go' which is a misleading term. The hotel quarantine and tests are ridiculously expensive.

I believe there is no quarantine for even one day in Philippines and Cambodia for fully-vaccinated tourists.

Can somebody confirm this?

Test and go in Cambodia, rapid test at the airport. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ukrules said:

Yep, it's inevitable that it will one day go.

They're not attempting to keep covid out because it's already everywhere in Thailand so I have to wonder why they're bothering at all?

This entire farcial procedure which has destroyed the tourism industry is not in place to protect the country from covid so why are they doing it?

There must be a reason, there's always a reason

I just can't imagine what it is until I begin to think about the Thai relationship with China, then I begin to wonder who's in charge and setting policy because this is not helping Thailand in any way whatsoever.

Very soon pretty much nobody from Europe will be regarded as 'fully vaccinated' due to the period of time that has passed, what will they do then? Will they start insisting on quarantine again?

You are so correct, who is really pulling the strings of these puppets??

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Canadian hitmen scoff at these "controls".

thailand needs to get back to suckling at the teat of the foreign tourist. 

They might keep a pre-departure COVID negative test, vaccination proof and insurance in place. All the other stuff: Day 1 & DAY 5, Thaialnd Pass/Test&Go/QR, will be dropped. Insurance will be dropped a bit farther out.

Testing and vaccination for years, Insurance is never going away imho how long was it mooted before? Some form of pre-travel authorization likely permanent. Hopefully they can make it easier and quick like the online portals of other certain countries I have experienced, and not so insecure to hacks

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

As long as all the requirements like the SHA hotel on day 1 + 5, the extra covid insurance, the treat of being put in a covid hospital/hospitel exist i will not go to Thailand. I don't mind being tested. But having to pay a $100 usd per night for a mandatory hotel reservation just to get a pcr test? What if you are on day 5 in another part of Thailand? Do they expect you to travel all the way back? What if you test positive but you are asymptomatic? No thank you! I will, like many others just wait until they ease the entry requirements.

The test on day 5 can be in a different hotel although I can't see the point of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Homburg said:

For vaccinated and uninfected travellers I can confirm no quarantine for Cambodia, not even 1 day.  I arrived here yesterday from UK (via BKK) having decided that it was easier to visit Cambodia than Thailand.  A negative PCR test was required before departure from the UK and there was a free of charge rapid test on arrival (are you listening Thailand?).  No insurance needed for Cambodia, although $50,000 cover for Thailand was required JUST TO TRANSIT through BKK!  My test result on arrival in Phnom Penh was negative & so I am now free to tour Cambodia without any restrictions. Transit in BKK was more of a hassle than arrival in PNH tbh.  I get the impression that the Cambodian Government is trying to rescue the tourist industry.  I do not get that impression from the Thai Government, rather that they are trying to create the impression that they are trying to do what Cambodia is actually doing.

Thailand should follow Cambodia's example to save tourism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pokerface1 said:

True enough however I think most Thais don't know whats happening in the rest of the world. There to busy just trying to survive so it will take months  before they end the restrictions 

So it's really better to call it THAI BY PASS until some common sense wackes them in the face

yes forget Thailand far too much hassle. Go to Cambodia instead

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

Which is what it has always been; an elaborate and worthless scam.

It was not a worthless scam for me, at least. It served its purpose when I needed it for one percent of my available cash. Could I have done it cheaper? Yes, I could have but I don't buy a Ford Focus, instead of a Toyota Lexus always. 

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

The new measure means that most arrivals not under the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) scheme will face a seven-day isolation requirement, regardless of which country they are from.

Most flights into Singapore are VTL.

No demand for non VTL flights other than on transit routes where the concept is irrelevant.

Singapore loves rules but in this instance they're more relaxed than Thailand

• Thanks 1

Came through from Manchester today (17th) 

Delays checking various countries requirements meant 50+ min delayed departure at Manchester.

Doha checking all Thai requirements, 20 min delayed departure.

Suva airport less than 10 mins at Thai Pass area + 10 mins at immigration

Wasn't that bad as both planes were rammed 

• Thanks 1