New Elite Card allows holders to work in Thailand – for 32 million baht

webfact

4 hours ago, sezze said:

No , because politicians in Thailand ( not only there) are filthy rich , 32 million for them is pocket money . And also , among local Thais , they believe foreigners all got that amount of money also like their politicians and local "superstars"  . They don't know middle class income , having enough to live and even get some luxuries here and there , but not having x amount of millions in the bank .

I get my salary payroll deposited, not, in brown envelopes 

I wonder if this initiative is to try to satisfy elite card holders who may be upset with the new LTR visas that allow the recipients to work.  Essentially a way of leveling the playing field between the two types of visas.  Elite card holders to date have been prohibited from working in Thailand.  Some of the LTR visa holders, after making a significant investment in real estate or gov't bonds, will be able to obtain work permits.

It's a good option if you need to prove you have the right to work without being bothered by the government.

Pretend to do a 100k/mo job, like a manager of some businesses.  But that's a cover job to hide the fact that you are really doing an illicit 10m/mo job.  

This way if someone points to you as working, you can point to your elite visa.

2 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

Your math is wrong, it comes out to 533,333.333 a month

... well, looking at it this way it does seem to be a good deal, no ...?

:cheesy:

... I'll better get my coat, 555.

Edited by jollyhangmon

Or get the Smart Visa introduced in 2018 that cost 10,000 THB per year.

In case of investment in startups, minimum investment is 5 million THB. In case of income, minimum for highly-skilled experts is 100k THB and 50k THB for experts in startups and retired experts.

6 hours ago, timendres said:

Almost $1 MILLION USD for the "privilege" of working in Thailand? Anyone paying for that needs a head check.

Yea crazy, but it's not actually a direct fee, it's an "investment". Doesn't that mean you can start your own limited company and invest in yourself??

According to information released on Thursday, the 32 million baht investment can be made in three ways, including in real estate, investment in a limited or public limited company or as an investment in the stock market, which can include via an investment agency approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission.

This is so funny and stupid . There are plenty of westerners who have spent USD1m plus here buying property and stocks but that doesn't mean they want to work here! And there is no way this dreamed up scheme will attract people to dump that sum for the privelege of working here! I would not work here in a million years. I've been thru that experience 25 years ago and would never do it again. It's actually very dangerous for foreigners to work in Thailand. Love living here, be low key, don't get on the wrong side of  officials and leave most of your capital Offshore. 

Edited by Charlie Halliday
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DjChris28 said:

And All I need to work remotely from Costa Rica is $3000 USD per month, Duabi is $5000 USD per month. Why are thai's out of touch with what the competition is? Even the proposed bali remote working visa i think it was going for close to 180k for 4 years is still more attractive.

So far the thai one is the most greedy digital nomad visa in terms of cost.

Here in Mauritius, my premium visa allows me to work remotely, with only $1,500 per month required to be transferred into a local bank account.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bojo said:

Do you know how long you can keep doing 'back to back'? And are multiple back to back stamps frowned upon/gonna be an issue when you re-enter on your next visit for example............ If that was possible I wouldn't mind a flexible 8/9 month stay at that rate............................

The last time I entered Thailand via Don Mueang just before covid appeared, I was pulled aside and got questioned for 30 minutes because I had "too many" 6 month METVs in my passport and the Immigration Officer said I should marry my Thai partner and next time use a "marriage" visa. So even "back-to-back" 6 month visas with gaps of 2-3 months in the home country between each visa are risky.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nicholas Paul KNIGHT said:

This shows just how STUPID people working to enhance Thailand are. They are the same as TAT , idiotic ideas, but instead of IMPROVING what is already here to make it better, come up with more stupid suggestions. 

Congratulations Thailand is now known as a Nation of idiotic statements regarding foreigners , run by really silly people .

"This shows just how STUPID people working to enhance Thailand are."

Thailand does not have a very low IQ for no reason. the soldier government is one example.

• Like 1

Could this government possibly get more asinine? It appears the answer is yes. The unbelievable arrogance to suggest that someone is going to cough up this kind of money for the privilege of working for a living in this country. First if you have 32 million baht you don't need to work. Not in Thailand. Second, You cannot own a business (well, maybe 49% of one) which anybody that has amassed this kind of money probably wants to do, not get a job in Texas Chicken! If you do get a work permit it is not a permit to work, it is a permit to do a specific job and nothing else. Dumb does not begin to describe this.

• Like 2