What's your drinking time?

EVENKEEL

Are you a proper gentleman who doesn't imbibe alcoholic beverages till sundown or one who likes a morning beer, only occasionally of course. I have fond memories of having bailey's and brandy in my coffee over a fire in the morning while camping, good times. It's 1150 here in between rain and sunshine in beautiful Thailand and I'm on my second beer, bout right.

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Not before 15:30 except when it's a party.

1 minute ago, kelboy said:

Any time will do when I'm  on my travels but 1400 when I'm at home. 

Very adult like, it's good to have limitations. 

• Like 1

A few beer to dinner or sharing a bottle of wine, a few more  in a bar or gin tonic in a club. 

Can go out to an Irish bar when passing for a couple of Guiniss.

Can be months sometimes before drinking anything, or almost every day if on holiday for a week or two.

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

Only on Sunday before dinner around 16.30 and if I don't need to drive at home as the barbeque at home with Songkran or birthdays and of course Christmas and New Year .... and always after 17.00. 0  I never drink  every day and never in the morning or early afternoon.  and honestly I don't understand why people here in Thailand have to drink from mornings on already...Thais or Westerners....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Only on Sunday before dinner around 16.30 and if I don't need to drive at home as the barbeque at home with Songkran or birthdays and of course Christmas and New Year .... and always after 17.00. 0  I never drink  every day and never in the morning or early afternoon.  and honestly I don't understand why people here in Thailand have to drink from mornings on already...Thais or Westerners....

A morning buzz is awesome.

Personally, I don’t really like day time drinking...  but thats never stopped me from meeting friends at a pub or going to a Sunday brunch etc...  day time drinking is just not a regular thing.

That said, there is no fixed time... If I feel like it I’ll have a G&T by the pool at about 4pm... Or, I won’t have any drink or beer at all in the day and perhaps have a Whisky at 11pm, or not...  Most days I’ll have a beer or a glass of wine with dinner and thats that, on others I’ll have 3 or 4... Or, I’ll meet up with friends and have too many !

There seems to be this state of mind that ‘having a drink before xx hrs’ is not the right thing or its an allusion towards alcoholism etc - is it sun-set which has varying times, or is it 5pm, 6pm...  it doesn’t really matter IMO.

As the saying goes...”oh well, its noon somewhere” !!!  

So for me... it doesn’t really matter, if I fancy a drink I’ll have one... 

• Like 1

Anytime as long as I can make 3 or 4 teetotal days a week.

Actually my body gives me the limit clearly; if I drink 50cl of wine two or three days in a row, my energy levels go seriously down. 

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 2

As I get older it starts earlier. In my  Teens and Twenties i wouldn't be seen out earlier than 8pom and home before 4am.

In my thirties, started a bit earlier at 7pm and home for 12am.

In My forties love a drink on a hot day at 4pmish and home at 9pm.

In my fifties, I like a drink around midday and want to finish at 6pm

As I got older I started earlier and finishes earlier. 

But I also get up earlier as I get earlier and go bed early. So now I get up at 4am (often earlier), bed at 8pm. Midday isn't too bad for a drink.  Couldn't drink everyday, as the enjoyment would go and it never gets in the way of exercise. 

I think the important thing is drink when you want as long it doesn't affect your normal life and that of others.????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

As I get older it starts earlier. In my  Teens and Twenties i wouldn't be seen out earlier than 8pom and home before 4am.

In my thirties, started a bit earlier at 7pm and home for 12am.

In My forties love a drink on a hot day at 4pmish and home at 9pm.

In my fifties, I like a drink around midday and want to finish at 6pm

As I got older I started earlier and finishes earlier. 

Thats me to a tee as well. By the time the finishing work crowd is coming in I am wobbling my way back home. I do like to have someone to drink with me as well as I like the craick. Also means I have so much sleep I am usually hangover free the next day.

• Like 1

What's your drinking time?  ????

Whenever I want it to be.  But my father and grandfather were 'maintenance drinkers.'  They only drank at 5am in the morning when out in the boat fishing.  And absolutely no drinking while out hunting!  Other than that a 9am Bloody Mary seemed be in order to take some 'hair of the dog.'  On work days they refrained before lunch.

Me?  I'm a social drinker.  If I drink it's usually in a social setting.  If out fishing with the old men, yeah, I'd pop one at 5am.  If I was with friends on the weekends, yeah, the brew came out when the football games started.  Wine or a drink during dinners in a restaurant. Sure. Or out carousing on Soi Cowboy with guys I used to work with - no time no limit.
Or maybe I decide I'm in the mood to shock the puritans and crack a beer with breakfast at large social events. Depends on my mood.

Most of the rest of the time?  I have no "Drinking TIme."  I seldom drink outside of social settings.  People with set "drinking times" should reflect on the "why."  'eh?  :thumbsup:

Edited by connda