Story of Thai policeman in exile and victims of human trafficking revealed in parliament

webfact

9 minutes ago, RobU said:

I think the people who would harm him will already know where he is since they have access to government  and military intelligence servicesblockquote widgetlockquote widget

Also he never hid the fact he was seeking asylum in Australia.  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RobU said:

I think the people who would harm him will already know where he is since they have access to government  and military intelligence servicesblockquote widgetlockquote widget

Of course they know where he is.

His escape to Australia was well publicized, in detail, Australia mentioned again and again on numerous media outlets on numerous occasions. Thai media and Australian media.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, internationalism said:

in today's AlJazeera documentary he implicates deputy prime minister Prawit Wongsuwan, police general Surachate Hakparn "Big Joke", minister of justice police general Paiboon Koomchaya, Chakthip Chaijinda Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police from 2015 to 2020, in threatening him to stop investigating military generals, as it might lead to implicating the very top of military junta. He was able to discover just a tip of an iceberg.

Watch from minute 11 of this video

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/101-east/2022/4/21/thailands-fearless-cop

A brilliant documentary. A must watch. 

Thailand still rooted firmly in the third-World. I doubt that mentality will ever change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2022 at 11:29 AM, heybruce said:

"Rangsiman raised the issue directly with Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, but the prime minister dismissed the issue and moved on to other matters, prompting the Move Forward MP to call the prime minister a “savage”."

The PM doesn't want to discuss the matter.  What a surprise.

These events came to light shortly after the 2014 coup while Prayut was self-appointed PM and ruled by decree using section 44 of the interim constitution that was imposed on the nation.  At the time the military claimed the army had nothing to do with the human smuggling and blamed it all on local politicians and the police.  The RTP proved that the army, particularly LtGen Manas, was a major player in the trafficking. 

Prayut and Thailand's military want all this to be forgotten.  Paween Pongsirin will never be safe in Thailand so long as the army is in charge.

Paween Pongsirin "will never be safe in Thailand so long as the army is in charge." - Not only in Thailand. Australia is OK, but doesn't guarantee his safety unfortunately.

Just shows the rest of the world just how corrupted the Thai government is and how high up it goes it's such a shame but unfortunately I can't see it changing unless the people wise up 

• Like 2

On 2/21/2022 at 2:56 AM, Jeff Olssson said:

Obviously there are honest and courageous people even in the high ranks of Thai army but unfortunately there are few and far between. The problem is that the system is corrupt and individuals have very little chance to beat the system.

I said it many times but I always get shot down for it. I have a lot of dealings with the Thai police and occasionally the military (please don't ask, just accept). The majority of them are good people and want to do the right thing, but they are failed by the system.

The only reason this is in the Thai news now is because of the Al Jazeera documentary being aired this week.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
  • Thanks 1

to get into police or army you need to pay 250k to pass entry exam. 

from that moment they become part of the corrupt system, absolutely by their own will.

The lower they are in rank the easier for them to brake away, move back into society and become good people.

The longer they stay the more dependent on corruption they become.

To the point, they just can't leave police or army - they will have to give back all ill gotten assets, because they won't be covered anymore. To being assassinated by their own closest colleagues, superiors and subordinates. They brake rank and become danger to the rest remaining in the system.

That's exactly how mafia and criminals function (yes, most of them also think they are good people and are judged as such by some people).

in thailand "good people" are actually the scum.

That's why protesting kids are calling themselves "bad student" or "bad pupil" to show hypocrisy of the whole system.

yes, I have in my family a good cop (very low rank, he actually finished law studies and working for local authority at amphur level) and a bad cop (worked for many years in CIB under the corrupted boss, who was sentenced to 12 years). Also a  retired marine officer who had nickname Kitten through all his military carrier, as he is so soft mannered (in contrast opposition to the rest of very harsh and brutal environment)

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 1:13 AM, internationalism said:

in today's AlJazeera documentary he implicates deputy prime minister Prawit Wongsuwan, police general Surachate Hakparn "Big Joke", minister of justice police general Paiboon Koomchaya, Chakthip Chaijinda Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police from 2015 to 2020, in threatening him to stop investigating military generals, as it might lead to implicating the very top of military junta. He was able to discover just a tip of an iceberg.

Watch from minute 11 of this video

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/101-east/2022/4/21/thailands-fearless-cop

One could easily imagine where all this corrupt criminality and scallywaggery derives from. 

Doesn't take too much deep thought to understand the influential history behind it all. 

Been the cultural make up of particular circles forever. 

On 2/21/2022 at 11:45 AM, internationalism said:

from memory, there were some 30 mass graves with some 2000 corpses.

How many more are still undiscovered in the dense mountain jungles of malaysian border areas?

Rohingya were "legally" smuggled by thai officials through all Thailand from Mae Hong Son province to some 2000km Sadao province. They had a back up of paperwork to pass through multiple police and military checkpoints.

If there was a surplus of slaves to be sold to Malaysia, the victims, who have payed in $$$$ to be smuggled, were ordered to call their relatives in Rakhine State in Myanmar, to extort further $2-3k. If relatives were reluctant to transfer money, victims were tortured while broadcasting their scream in another phone call. If no payment received, they were murdered, as they were worthless now.

Blame is also on so holy Malaysian muslims, who took part in the procedure of enslaving their brethren. Without strong demand for a cheap/free labour (including sex slavery), this trade won't exist. 

On the margin of atrocities on Roghinyas - thai border marines trawlers were towing flimsy and overcrowded boats into a full sea, breaking their engines and allowed to drift into ocean

There's a few errors there. It was around 30 graves, not 2,000. The Rohinga were not transported from Mae Hong Song. I have not read that 'border marines' broke engines, only that the towed the to sea, gave them some fuel and left them.

Nonetheless, this and the appalling treatment of the Rohinga has received far too little international attention.

29 minutes ago, Smithson said:

There's a few errors there. It was around 30 graves, not 2,000. The Rohinga were not transported from Mae Hong Song. I have not read that 'border marines' broke engines, only that the towed the to sea, gave them some fuel and left them.

Nonetheless, this and the appalling treatment of the Rohinga has received far too little international attention.

that what I have written, some 30 mass graves.

Rohinga were transported as far as from Mae Hong Song - the closest border to their province.

But they were crossing everywhere, closer to Malaysia, tp shorten their travel within thailand. With 500k refugees there were hundreds routes, including by sea. They were escaping on able, working boats, when apprehended they were towed away and engine broken, so they would not came back. There was no point for thai marines to give them any fuel. Those marines were protecting their own smuggling routes, not allowing the other smuggling gangs to pass through.

35 minutes ago, internationalism said:

that what I have written, some 30 mass graves.

Rohinga were transported as far as from Mae Hong Song - the closest border to their province.

But they were crossing everywhere, closer to Malaysia, tp shorten their travel within thailand. With 500k refugees there were hundreds routes, including by sea. They were escaping on able, working boats, when apprehended they were towed away and engine broken, so they would not came back. There was no point for thai marines to give them any fuel. Those marines were protecting their own smuggling routes, not allowing the other smuggling gangs to pass through.

Yes, 30 graves, 30 bodies or thereabouts, not 2,000. Mae Hong Song is by no means the closest border province. Do you have reliable sources for your claims? Such as Amnesty, UN, HR Watch etc. I think you should read up on it more.

so for the last hour I have read tens of articles and documents pointing to tens of camps across thai/malaysian border from 2012-15, housing 150-2000 each. 

The first camp was discovered by malaysians in January 2015, but instead of investigating it, they have completely destroyed it. They revealed and allowed exhumation only after thai discoveries in May.

In each camp there were tens of graves, many mass graves.

Some bodies were carried away from camps to mountains, not buried.

Thai investigator estimates 500k smuggled.

What was discovered is just a tip of an iceberg.

Yes, I have read at the time, so 7 years ago, some 2k dead and buried. That's why I have quoted it.

Here is Paween's statutory declaration. Possibly more figures, but it's a long document to read.

https://www.moveforwardparty.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/paween_pongsirin_statutory_declaration_for_publishing.pdf

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ozz1 said:

Just shows the rest of the world just how corrupted the Thai government is and how high up it goes it's such a shame but unfortunately I can't see it changing unless the people wise up 

It goes all the way to the very top, and I would rather day it comes down than goes up!