What is the good news about living in Thailand now?

webfact

We still going on about strawberries as a sign of economic health?

Bought this 600g punnet half an hour ago from the local morning market.  Eighty baht.  Taste the same as the ones I used to eat from my backyard in Australia.

There were punnets of "jumbo" ones but, even though they might be sweeter, they looked a tad over-ripe and not last long in the fridge.

strawberries.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 3:22 AM, Albert Zweistein said:

Maybe you should start to learn reading, the headlines says what is the GOOD NEWS. Well, there is no news at all so it's none.

The good news is everywhere is selling Cavendish bananas this year (30-35bht a bunch).

I've been eating loads!

On 2/26/2022 at 5:54 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Have you read on a food tin label what we consume in the west? Overprocessed flavoured muck IMO, but I've lived a very long time on it. I doubt food in Thailand is worse for me. I certainly never suffered for it.

I've recently rediscovered tinned tuna in soi oil (45bht/tin).

Takes me back to my UK childhood where mum always made me tuna sandwiches for tea.

1 tin is good for 3-4 meals, and my son enjoys the sandwiches too, just had one for breakfast.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

There have been no bars open for the past two years, you can only visit restaurants now.

Last time I was in Chiang Mai and the time before that the last two years, they openly served alchohol in bars, and almost every other place I have visited in Thailand from north to south and east to west in the main cities and tourist places. 

On 2/25/2022 at 6:03 AM, blazes said:

I'm still waiting (for many years) for the good news that the ridiculous tax on imported red wine be dropped to something that does not threaten bankruptcy.

At least you have landed back at Heathrow with a pair of sandkes and shorts 

On 2/25/2022 at 5:51 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I agree with most of what you write. But strawberries in Thailand are just not what strawberries are supposed to be.

Where in Thailand can you get strawberries like this?

erdbeeren-erdbeerzeit-cc0pixabaymaxmann-

On Sukhumvit between Nana and Asoke.

The ones who were selling " sex toys" before went  for the "healthy" option now.

On 2/25/2022 at 2:23 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks for all your strawberry comments, I appreciate them.

I go regularly to Klong Toey fresh market, which is, as far as I know, one of the biggest markets in Bangkok. They have strawberries but mostly they are half white...

That's called "emancipation".

All ladies want to be white.
Why can't strawberries have the right to be "white" as well?

Just now, Burma Bill said:

Oh really! Have you recently been to the country? Here in Siem Reap major infrastructure projects have now been completed. My photo shows my fully furnished penthouse across the top of the apartment block - 250US$ per month, excluding electricity and water but Wi-Fi and TV included.

IMG_2398.thumb.JPG.c67296a901c7997230ecfff4fa1a20cc.JPG

Yep, was in siem reap just before borders closed. Nice apartment.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Oh really! Have you recently been to the country? Here in Siem Reap major infrastructure projects have now been completed. My photo shows my fully furnished penthouse across the top of the apartment block - 250US$ per month, excluding electricity and water but Wi-Fi and TV included.

IMG_2398.thumb.JPG.c67296a901c7997230ecfff4fa1a20cc.JPG

What Thai city is most similar to Siem Reap?