Former Thai PM Yingluck to be charged over transfer of NSC chief

snoop1130

19 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Get a grip for heaven's sake.........how about dealing with the Red Bull cock-up first?

How about dealing with the enormous graft and abuse of power of the current powers that be? That would be a much better use of the OAG’s time. 

Edited by rudi49jr

Twenty years plus since the T man swept to power. Seven years since the judicial coup, then real coup against his sister and yet if they held a real election today, the Reds would still win. Might as well continue to beat a dead horse, as they have absolutely nothing else to do. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

This is so sad...

But then, she could be living happily in Thailand if she wouldn't have followed the advice from her greedy brother.

19260630_1562509393767987_36246767529004

It only made things easier, but they would have ousted her in any case, for any pretext. There was no way the yellow/green network would have risked to have a succession happening under a Shin government.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dont confuse me said:

They fear her and her family! I wasn't particularly a fan nevertheless this seems a witch hunt !

This has been a standard [and excepted] practice forever regarding forced or voluntary exiles of political and scholarly note. 

There are countless individuals of exile status and worthy standing that don't receive the press and attention that the terribly influential Shinawatras do. 

There might be caveats attached to the slobbering romanticism that are the Shinawatras - usually dismissed are there deep skeletons within their respective closets. Yet, if we are using comparatives.....anything would be better than the ruling circles of the last several years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red Forever said:

You really must move on from your irrational hatred of two of the most popular, democratically elected prime ministers in modern times.

Why not direct your ire at the incumbents who have (nearly) demolished democracy in Thailand?

Why must I move on?

I am not the one who ignores the crimes of Thaksin and his little sister. 

Personally I think a country should be ruled by competent politicians who work for the people of that country.

Thaksin and his little sister worked mostly for themselves. Obviously they gave some crumbs to the people and they wasted lots of taxes.

I can't help it when lots of people still support these criminals. Personally I think all criminals should be prosecuted and go to jail. Because if that happens constantly then more people think about if they want to be criminals.

When will the Thai people support and vote for educated honest politicians who work for the people? I know that is a strange concept for most Thais, but maybe one day they will understand that if they vote for corrupt politicians then they can't expect an honest government. It shouldn't be so difficult to understand.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, candide said:

It only made things easier, but they would have ousted her in any case, for any pretext. There was no way the yellow/green network would have risked to have a succession happening under a Shin government.

Lots of people were happy when she was removed from her job. Mostly because she was incompetent and did what her corrupt big brother told her.

Yingluck could have worked for the people. She could have been honest. But that is not what she did.

Would she still be in charge if she would have been honest? I don't know. But I know for sure fewer people would have supported the last coup if she would have been honest and if she would have worked for the people.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why must I move on?

I am not the one who ignores the crimes of Thaksin and his little sister. 

Personally I think a country should be ruled by competent politicians who work for the people of that country.

Thaksin and his little sister worked mostly for themselves. Obviously they gave some crumbs to the people and they wasted lots of taxes.

I can't help it when lots of people still support these criminals. Personally I think all criminals should be prosecuted and go to jail. Because if that happens constantly then more people think about if they want to be criminals.

When will the Thai people support and vote for educated honest politicians who work for the people? I know that is a strange concept for most Thais, but maybe one day they will understand that if they vote for corrupt politicians then they can't expect an honest government. It shouldn't be so difficult to understand.

In Thailand, there are two types of power: the power of appointed people and the power of elected people. Both are usually corrupt. The power of appointed people has been dominant during most of Thailand's modern history, with the exception of the short episodes during which the Shins have been governing. 

It doesn't matter too much if crooks are elected, as long as they are able to challenge the power of the appointed crooks, as Thaksin did. On middle or long term, it still leaves a chance to see honest people elected one day, as there is a minimum of accountability and people can learn to better use their democratic power. By contrast, as recent history confirmed once more, the unaccountable appointed power never evolves into an honest power.

• Thanks 2

Awww, the poor, poor, rich people and their problems. And I do not mean just the Red Bull criminal.

The current self appointed government members are also included, especially the one who had a drug 

problem in Australia.

14 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

She is"disqualified from politics" by decisions which, by no stretch of the most "yellow fevered" imagination could be regarded as anything but politically motivated.

For someone who is"on the run" she maintains a remarkably high profile - it is rather more accurate to say that she is in exile - forced there by her political opponents.

She remains an influential and popular figure in Thai politics. An effective focus for opposition to the current regime.

They fear her for that reason, and must keep poking.

Im not sure if your trying to pick a fight or anything. I am just stating the facts, politically motivated or not their mission of sidelining her and making sure she can't come back is succeeded. 

And with on the run i mean that she can't come back. Again mission completed. 

My point was their objectives have been reached feared or not its just a waste of time. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Im not sure if your trying to pick a fight or anything. I am just stating the facts, politically motivated or not their mission of sidelining her and making sure she can't come back is succeeded. 

And with on the run i mean that she can't come back. Again mission completed. 

My point was their objectives have been reached feared or not its just a waste of time. 

I'm not trying to pick a fight.

On the run implies she is fleeing them, a hunted fugitive. She is not, she is living in exile - driven out (literally it seems) by a coup installed regime which knew that she was the most effective focus for the opposition.

And describing the disqualification from politics as " politically motivated" removes any validity from the disqualification - again an important point.

Your post implies that the regimes actions were legal and justified ( they installed themselves by a military coup during a democratic election process, - a very important point) and secondly suggests she is a fugitive which she clearly is not.

Again, not picking a fight, simply, for the umpteenth time, stating the background which frames  these events. Background which you (and some others) choose to ignore, and which significantly changed the "facts" you claim to present.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I'm not trying to pick a fight.

On the run implies she is fleeing them, a hunted fugitive. She is not, she is living in exile - driven out (literally it seems) by a coup installed regime which knew that she was the most effective focus for the opposition.

And describing the disqualification from politics as " politically motivated" removes any validity from the disqualification - again an important point.

Your post implies that the regimes actions were legal and justified ( they installed themselves by a military coup during a democratic election process, - a very important point) and secondly suggests she is a fugitive which she clearly is not.

Again, not picking a fight, simply, for the umpteenth time, stating the background which frames  these events. Background which you (and some others) choose to ignore, and which significantly changed the "facts" you claim to present.

Ok, I disagree of the validity from the disqualification. She is disqualified and I wish more were. She has broken the law motivated or not she is not fit to be a politician. (the same goes for many of the current mob).

Your part on living in exile (agree).

I think the actions were justified, but political motivated. I wish all politicians (current MOB included) were held up to these standards.

My point was actually not the background as most know her background, but the fact that she is out of the game so let her be. Its done stop wasting time on her stop making her life even harder. 

27 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I wonder what has happened to her husband and son?

Her son should be around 18-19 years old now. Most probably living & studying in UK with her mum who was rumoured granted asylum status. Her husband Anusa left his high profile job with CP and I guess staying in UK too. 

Edited by Eric Loh
wrong word
  • Thanks 1

On 2/28/2022 at 7:33 PM, howlee101 said:

Her brother was Thaksin Shinwatra...former PM who was also overthrown by the military while he was out of the country....or something like that.

Yingluck was not "also" removed/overthrown by the military, she was not PM at the time of the coup.

• Like 1