Former Thai PM Yingluck to be charged over transfer of NSC chief

snoop1130

41 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yingluck was not "also" removed/overthrown by the military, she was not PM at the time of the coup.

You are correct.  The Constitutional Court dismissed her, then the coup happened shortly afterwards.

On 2/28/2022 at 10:56 PM, ThailandRyan said:

How long can they continue to beat a dead horse. The woman is long gone, 8 years now out of power and yet they still continue.....give it a rest.

Because they are scared that she still has massive support particularly in the rural areas 

53 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What is "made up" about the charges?   You're saying that his illegal transfer and replacement by a relative of hers did not happen?

Actually he was not replaced by a relative of hers. 

Thawil Pliensri was transferred and replaced as NSC chief by police general Wichean Potephosree, who was Thai Police director (he had been appointed by Abhisit and was not a fan of the Shins). This position was subsequently given to police general Damapong Priewpan, a brother of the ex-wife of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

It shows how "motivated" they were to oust her.

Edited by candide

On 2/28/2022 at 1:08 PM, Dialemco said:

Maybe this will be a problem for Thailand as the last I heard of her is that she is a Chinese Citizen with a high powered Job in the Chinese Ports industry  

Who did you hear that from?  Noi's sisters boyfriends second cousin?

4 hours ago, Katipo said:

Coming up with fresh charges every now and again just to ensure she and her Father can't come back to the country and beat the junta in another election.

Agree on first part,but keep up on 2nd part,Brother and Sister!!!

On 3/1/2022 at 12:10 AM, Inala said:

...and I'd be right behind you. I've always lusted after her, my dream was to be in luck with yingluck! 

Pou - I guess a rather short luck turned into real bad luck with such a toxic brother in law ... :shock1:

8 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

Go ahead and charge her,I,am sure she will be concerned like her family or on the run brother in dubai I believe.nothing will happen and she will  not be returning in a hurry,when the charges are in the court

This Government are hell bent on pursuing former ministers that are in exile rather than pursuing an alleged murderer that has made an ass of them for the past 10 years!!

34 minutes ago, Jimbo53 said:

This Government are hell bent on pursuing former ministers that are in exile rather than pursuing an alleged murderer that has made an ass of them for the past 10 years!!

I think you will find they are only interested in harming/imprisoning the opposition.

And care nothing for any crimes, real or imagined.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

Go ahead and charge her,I,am sure she will be concerned like her family or on the run brother in dubai I believe.nothing will happen and she will  not be returning in a hurry,when the charges are in the court

Wondering how this might all play out in an official International Court setting? 

One could easily imagine the Junta's embarrassment if the trumped up charges/accusations didn't go their way.

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I think you will find they are only interested in harming/imprisoning the opposition.

And care nothing for any crimes, real or imagined.

Is that not what i stated in the example?