90 Day Report Gone Crazy

The infamous Room 103 at Phuket Immigration - What a wonderful place.

Had the pleasure of visiting here in November - Tried to apply for a 90 days Non O - Had everything with me including same day bank book updates & bank confirmation of account ect ect ect - Was not accepted.

Went upstairs & received a 60 day Covid Extension instead.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, problemfarang said:

do they take passport for 90 day report? 

I wasn't there to my 90 day report , I was there to do my retirement extension and they always take my passport for that and have to collect the following day. They always do a new 90 day report when they renew my retirement visa for some reason.

• Confused 2

My first online report was refused due to "overstay". I was not and it was sorted easily.

Yesterday i did my second online report and nothing worked, password not recognized etc.

In the end i registered again and was given a new 90 days along with the next renewal date.

So maybe if people have issues it is worth trying to register again. 

43 minutes ago, thurien said:

I never even tried the online 90 days (no matter how members here reported about flawless ops), I always go to my local immi in person, finished (and I always combine this trip with shopping and some goodies...)

I am highly suspicous about anything computerized / programmed / co- ordinated in the "earth's biggest hub of digital nonsense"

That's been my reasoning for the last five years of reports, never used an agent either.

Last month I finally tried the "new and improved" online app and it worked flawlessly. It immediately returned a copy of the firm as well as notifications of receipt and confirmation of success. Naturally I immediately printed all three documents and put them in my immigration folder. I'm not saying it will help me if I have an encounter like the OP did but it might.

If there is a glitch next report  time I try I'll just put on my big boy pants and present in person at immigration. They hold all the cards and for me it's wise to understand and make peace with that.

To be honest though, Huahin immigration has cut me some slack a couple of times when I screwed up. They schooled me on how to avoid those issues and I've been careful to not repeat them.

I've built a life here and won't risk it over minor annoyances.

18 hours ago, Brick Top said:

So then i went to a internet shop and printed out the online 90 day report receipt that showed my next appointment to be 16 March , then went back to room 103 after basically wasting 2 hours of my time .

In future make sure you have copies of your 90 Day and your TM30 receipts in your submission pack, they have been required for years in my local office.

18 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

In future make sure you have copies of your 90 Day and your TM30 receipts in your submission pack, they have been required for years in my local office.

90 day notice, always have, but TM30 is something in over 20 yrs I've never been asked for.

18 hours ago, Brick Top said:

So then i went to a internet shop and printed out the online 90 day report receipt that showed my next appointment to be 16 March ,

I always print everything in advance as evidence. Always print out my TM30 and whenever doing 90 day reports do same. It stops this type of non-sense. Most of the time ???? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Brick Top said:

I wasn't there to my 90 day report , I was there to do my retirement extension and they always take my passport for that and have to collect the following day. They always do a new 90 day report when they renew my retirement visa for some reason.

Ok.. so whats the reason they take your passport for 1 day. Im sorry im asking because never did that but also never heard that they keep your passport for 1 day. Whats their reason for thet?

Thnx

14 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

Ok.. so whats the reason they take your passport for 1 day. Im sorry im asking because never did that but also never heard that they keep your passport for 1 day. Whats their reason for thet?

After your extension application is submitted and accepted some offices have return the next day to pickup your passport with the new extension stamp in it. They do that to avoid overcrowding caused by people waiting for the final approval of their application.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

Thnx

This is always like this in Phuket , I  really dont know why  as they stamp the new extension in front of you on the day you apply but then ask you to return after 1 PM the following day to collect your passport. It is I may add very inconvenient as you then have to make a second trip to the immigration office.

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

90 day notice, always have, but TM30 is something in over 20 yrs I've never been asked for.

Ditto, 16 years in my case.

Except last year when she noticed I didn't have a TM30 receipt attached to my passport, she looked in the system and said no have. Told me to go to a side office to complete one and pay the fine.

Side office couldn't find one either, then realized the passport was fairly new so searched on old passport no, lo and behold there it was, gave me 2 copies, one for me and one for main office. No fine, phew.

Then off to the bank to get a statement, bank letter and updated passbook done on the day was not good enough.

5 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Better not use the online system... I always go in person.. Easy get in and after 10 minutes outside.. Better than all the problems with the online version. Proof of this story again....

Unfortunately this is not a convenient option for many of us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Better not use the online system... I always go in person.. Easy get in and after 10 minutes outside.. Better than all the problems with the online version. Proof of this story again....

Not for me its inconvenient as I live 45 minutes away from the immigration office , so that's like a 90 minute round trip and I am often outside the province when it's due , so the online system is much more convenient as its 2 mins on my laptop .

• Like 1

I did my 90 days notice online yesterday. I had to disable my Kaspersky antivirus first though, as it wouldn't allow me access, since the websites security certificate was expired. 

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

After your extension application is submitted and accepted some offices have return the next day to pickup your passport with the new extension stamp in it. They do that to avoid overcrowding caused by people waiting for the final approval of their application.

Ohh ok. Didnt know that. Thnx

9 hours ago, Brick Top said:

This is always like this in Phuket , I  really dont know why  as they stamp the new extension in front of you on the day you apply but then ask you to return after 1 PM the following day to collect your passport. It is I may add very inconvenient as you then have to make a second trip to the immigration office.

Hmm ok. Thnx didnt know that

Re: Dear XXX XXXX

Your receipt for notification of "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" will be due on 16/03/2022.

Welcome to Thailand 4.0 (not)

Your experience is not unusual, there are 4 Immigration variables in play here, 1) the new online 90 day reporting system, 2) the in-house manual 90 day reporting system, 3) the immigration process officers, and 4) the Thai Visa approval system. 

Unfortunately, there is still synergy lacking between the coupling of all these variables.

Although things are gradually improving, as you know, it takes time and perseverance here in Thailand to move things forward.

One suggestion, keep your current TM30 and 90-Day reporting evidence stapled in your passport to mitigate future challenges of your reporting status for visa renewals.

We all live in hope one day they will all come together!

2 hours ago, berrec said:

Re: Dear XXX XXXX

Your receipt for notification of "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" will be due on 16/03/2022.

Welcome to Thailand 4.0 (not)

Your experience is not unusual, there are 4 Immigration variables in play here, 1) the new online 90 day reporting system, 2) the in-house manual 90 day reporting system, 3) the immigration process officers, and 4) the Thai Visa approval system. 

Unfortunately, there is still synergy lacking between the coupling of all these variables.

Although things are gradually improving, as you know, it takes time and perseverance here in Thailand to move things forward.

One suggestion, keep your current TM30 and 90-Day reporting evidence stapled in your passport to mitigate future challenges of your reporting status for visa renewals.

We all live in hope one day they will all come together!

Thank you for this information and advice 

I had almost same experience in Phuket at one year extension of retirement.

(1) 14 Dec. 2021
I made online TM-47 report via new system. 3 days later, it was approved.
Next due date was 16 Mar. 2022.

(2)8 Feb. 2022
I went to immigration office for one year extension of retirement.
I passed print out of online TM-47 report with other papers.
However, young assistant officer in the room 103 could not confirm my TM-47 report on  their PC.
Elder officer went out of room 103 with my passport and TM-47 report.
10 minutes later, he came back and it got OK.
I do not know where he has been.

I think cross reference between two systems is not working well.
One is new online TM-47 reporting system
Another one is internal system within immigration office.

I paid THB 1900. only.

(3)9 Feb. 2022
I could receive my pass port with new one year of retirement. OK.

Also I had new TM-47 report receipt.
This is special free service of Phuket.
Officer makes TM-47 report even though it is earlier than due date.
Next due date was 8 May. 2022.

(4)1 Mar. 2022
I received e-mail from online TM-47 reporting system.
> Your receipt for notification of "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" will be due on 16/03/2022.
Due date should be 8 May. 2022.
Here again, cross reference between two systems is not working well.

I was afraid that if I do not make report at this time and do it just before 8 May. 2022, system will reply error of “Out of due”.
So I made report on 2 Mar. 2022, two weeks earlier than 16 Mar. 2022 and it was approved.

So, if we are to use new online TM-47 reporting system,
prepare print out of report result at extension.
if e-male come, just follow it.

On 3/3/2022 at 1:53 PM, Brick Top said:

Not for me its inconvenient as I live 45 minutes away from the immigration office , so that's like a 90 minute round trip and I am often outside the province when it's due , so the online system is much more convenient as its 2 mins on my laptop .

Always good to get some free time for some of us, especially a few plus hours lol