Toiletries in Thailand ????

RedArmy

4 minutes ago, jimn said:

Some of you do not understand English. He said he is sweet for aftershave because he brought 35 bottles with him. This means he has enough, not used 35 bottles, for heavens sake. You then insult him about smelling too much. People like you are the problem stinking of sweat. He has run out of shower gel and deodorant.

OP there are alternatives over here although they are more expensive. Nivia is the best in my opinion. Find a Lotus's or Big C large store and see what they have.

"He has run out of shower gel and deodorant. "

Running out seems odd, the supermarkets in Thailand are well stocked with a variety of such products.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Use only this head to toe in Thailand

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.T2XTK

I struggle to find a good foot cream in Thailand. Anyone?

Screenshot_20220304-095635.jpg

Can't even spell ORGANIC correctly. Or is BIOGANIK for Thais to understand?

Do you use the same make for your diapers/nappies?    LOL

Edited by KannikaP
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, PaoloR said:

35 bottles in 5 months!

If you stop drinking it and splash it on your skin, it will last much longer.

Hahahaha - Still have my 35 bottles but your reply did tickle me

5 hours ago, arick said:

Lynx God people like you  bring back bad mornings stuck on the jubilee line.  Anyways in 39c you will be laughed  at by all the Thais you pass by.  The creams and moistures will all sweat and run off your face. Linyx deodorant wont work after an hour. 

You could come and brush my horses your hands will be soft and smell great.  

16463512673218609016835526336267.jpg

Hahahaha

5 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

The measure of good aftershave is that it lasts a long time (even in the tropics) 35 bottle of aftershave in 5 moths is truly mind boggling in consumption rates.  You're using way, way, way, way too much my friend.

I was educated many many years ago by a distinguished gentleman outfitter, a man with impeccable taste that ones fragrance should never be detected at any more distance than a short arms length.  If otherwise, then you are wearing a cheap nasty one, and or way too much. 

A fragrance such as Brut as one frightful example of a very poor quality fragrance which, even when worn in minute amounts fills a room as soon as you walk into it and should never be worn.

Here endeth the grooming lesson.

There are tonnes of good and reasonably priced aftershaves and deodorants. I use Nivea Men 'Cool Kick' and it does not ever interfere with my aftershave scent, never fails, and lasts all day.

I bought that Nivea Men Cool Kick, but it aint the same as the Lynx i prefer to use.

2 hours ago, jimn said:

Some of you do not understand English. He said he is sweet for aftershave because he brought 35 bottles with him. This means he has enough, not used 35 bottles, for heavens sake. You then insult him about smelling too much. People like you are the problem stinking of sweat. He has run out of shower gel and deodorant.

OP there are alternatives over here although they are more expensive. Nivia is the best in my opinion. Find a Lotus's or Big C large store and see what they have.

Thankyou brother, nice to see that somone actually understands what i wrote.

I havent taken any offence to anyones reply - Some of the replies have been quite funny & others quite helpful too.

2 hours ago, userabcd said:

Running out seems odd, the supermarkets in Thailand are well stocked with a variety of such products.

Yes, but my point was i would like to purchase some LYNX products. I am not interested in other products but obviously i had to purchase some.

1 hour ago, alanrchase said:

The reason you cannot find Lynx  is because it is sold under the name Axe in Thailand.

Thankyou - i didnt know that - I will give that a go.

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Shopee got Lynx      1713238932_ScreenShot2022-03-04at11_06_50.png.db5855c4de2b5569f680b0af88246ccb.png

Appreciate that brother.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

I was educated many many years ago by a distinguished gentleman outfitter, a man with impeccable taste that ones fragrance should never be detected at any more distance than a short arms length.  If otherwise, then you are wearing a cheap nasty one, and or way too much.

Was he by any chance called Kenneth ? Ooh suits you sir, did she want it sir, ooh suits you, Radiant sir  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, alanrchase said:

The reason you cannot find Lynx  is because it is sold under the name Axe in Thailand.

Yes indeed, same here in Cambodia - AXE!

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

This is all i use now in the shower, no need for fancy shampoos etc in fact basic soap cleans better than any others including those 'antiseptic' ones. Parrot soap rules ! and only about 14b. Growing up in the 50s we never had shampoo etc, at most we had some bath salts.

I like soap but stopped using it as I realised that it is the fat content in soap quickly buids up a thick deposit on your shower tiles, grout, screens and doors. This is what attracts the mould growth and is a pain in the <deleted> to clean. You do not get this with shower gel; so it is much easier to keep your shower clean.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've found the local gooey roll ons are the only underarm deodorants that work for afull day in Thai humidity/heat - Nivea Deep rather than that Issey Miyake you bought at duty free on the way - save that for when you are in the aircon and have a girl coming 'round.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, userabcd said:

Of his favourite brand yes

• Like 2

"...I'm sweet for aftershave, as i brought 35 bottles with me. ..."

Can't help you, brother.  I haven't shaved in 44 years.  My Uncle was a part-time farmer.  His favorite aftershave was "Evening in a Barnyard" according to him.