Can they force me into hospital if i test positive?

joeshmoe23

A series of off-topic posts and replies on a potentially dangerous social media purported COVID treatment have been removed.

That is NOT the topic of this thread.  And, any further posts advocating this will be met with a posting suspension.

11 minutes ago, Dellboy218 said:

I tested positive a couple of months ago at a private hospital.  I elected to home quarantine with all the meds required.  Three days later I was told I had to report to a Government hospital to be assessed for suitability to home quarantine.  I ended up in a room with 14 other people including 2 babies.  If I didnt already have it.......pity the poor babies. The room was locked by security.  No one could leave and no staff with information.  After 4 hours we were trooped off for a chest x-ray.  Over the next 3 houre whilst held prisoner.  I had a couple of communications that there was a problem with the x-ray and  they wanted to keep me in for a week. I was quite forthright in telling them I wasnt staying anywhere that treated patients like prisoners.  They said they had q solution that involved me signing....,.,,,I stopped her there .....,, signing nothing.  Eventually after 7 hours security opened the door to let someone in.  I walked out.   When safely in my car I phoned them back and told them I had my own solution.  I have left!

I believe that fits in with your first concern!

what happened after?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

what happened after?

I got better thankyou!  (No flashing lights or anything untoward except for a painful tailbone through prolonged sitting on plastic garden chairs)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jimn said:

This does not make sense, what do you think the compulsory insurance is for?

My insurance, which was acceptable to Thailand for both my Non O Visa and Thai Pass applications, specifically states it will not cover quarantine costs if I'm asymptomatic. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Snailer1969 said:

I was threatened that I had to make a 150,000 baht payment up front for a private hospital after supposedly testing positive for covid on my day 5 test & go but I had a get out of jail card (covid recovery certificate), 

The levels of dead covid cells (or whatever it’s called) did not even warrant a positive test but they gave me one anyway.

Sure this was one of those scams that has been talked about. 
After I refused to pay, I was then told to do ATK test and isolate at home (live here) for 7 days ????????

Everyone should keep in mind especially tourists. If you do not have enough money on your person, they cannot get what you haven't got.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, koele2 said:

Just remember this.  If a foreigner tests positive, the first and main concern of the people who have control over you is how much money they can make off of you.  Their second concern is you spreading it to a Thai.  Their third concern is for your health and well being.

I didn't think they had any concerns for your health or well being.

Only the ££££££££s.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 6:10 AM, hereforgood said:

He lives here on a Non O Retirement extension no Insurance needed 

Dont be a silly billy. He is outside the country at the moment and requires insurance to get his Thailand pass to enable him to re enter Thailand.

On 3/5/2022 at 8:25 AM, ftpjtm said:

My insurance, which was acceptable to Thailand for both my Non O Visa and Thai Pass applications, specifically states it will not cover quarantine costs if I'm asymptomatic. 

Your mistake for taking out this type of insurance its worthless

18 hours ago, joeshmoe23 said:

Thank you for all the answers guys. There's a scenario I am curious about. Imagine I test positive, I have no symptoms and they are pushing me to go to the hospital. But I say I have no money for it. How would that end?

Have you actually read the replies regarding insurance?

Its a difficult one... 

IF testing positive on the Day 1 Test & Go PCR we have little control. I wonder if we are ‘forced’ to isolate in a hospital or are allowed to isolate at home. 

The day 5 test is different - we have total control. I am due to take my day 5 ATK tomorrow. 

I will take another test first to make sure I an negative before uploading the ‘real test’ to Mor Chana (or wherever I have to upload it). 

But, if I test positive on the ‘other’ test, I will simply get my Wife to test the ‘real one’ and upload the fake result and then simply isolate us all at home for a week anyway. 

I don’t want to be in a situation where I am in doubt has to how I will be treated or forced to isolate. 

• Like 2