Dog owner vs Neighbor spat ends amicably in NE Thailand

webfact

11.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that a spat between a dog owner and her neighbor has ended with wais and apologies. 

Suphachoke, 48, who admitted to being drunk and angry, attacked Panchalos's dog with a metal pole.

He said that the mutt bit his child.

He then threatened to kill Panchalos. 

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Yesterday at Ban Phai police station in Khon Kaen in Thailand's north eastern region police captain Kampanat Phinit got the warring factions together.

It took one hour but in the end Suphachoke apologized and Panchalos agreed to try and live as peaceful neighbors. 

Long Stay Visa Health Insurance Plans

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-03-05

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, rbkk said:

So... the neighbours dog and now others have taken to sh**ing in my garden. Who's wrong?

a) Me (For leaving my gate ajar)

b) The dog.

c) The dog's owner's.

Seroiusly; should I scoop it up and return it to it's rightful owner?

you are wrong .....   for having such I nice garden to sh*t in.     ????

seriously, .... I'd buy a water pistol and squirt the dog with a vinegar / chili mixture .....  hopefully a deterrent not to return again.  

and it's actually c)'s  fault,  as the owner letting the dog roam unleashed.

• Like 2

Do BM's understand this was the second time the dog bit the mans son?  I'd have to seriously think about doing the 5 years in prison to protect my son from a 3rd bite.  Dog lovers never seen a dog 'bite'; it is a chunk of meat taken from a leg, arm, face ... not a pretty site.

4 hours ago, rbkk said:

Seroiusly; should I scoop it up and return it to it's rightful owner?

I actually did this once a few years ago. Some old harridan kept letting her dogs ###t everywhere on our road, garden and footpaths. She would even let them off leash to come into our garden, and she'd observe it while it defecated. Me and my son kept stepping in it as we walked home at night. She was asked nicely to clean up after her dogs and to keep them out of our property, but she genuinely believes the world is her private dog toilet. So, I scooped it all up one day and made sure she got it back. The dogs never shat here again. So I say do it.

Irresponsible dogs owners are a plague on Thailand. We have a problem with dogs coming around our house trying to get in to kill out cats, snarling and scratching at the windows. It's happens two or three times a week on average, I only realised it was happening after I added more security cameras on the east and south side of the building and viewed the records. Some of them are dangerous breeds/mixes too. I interpret this as a danger not only to my own domestic pets, but to my children. They are unable to get into the building, but they often leave a nice big pile of $### outside the window, and p$$$ on the wall to take ownership of the house. The dogs are often collared, so they have 'owners'.

But I'm told by dog lovers and Thai cultural apologists that I have to like this because my life is in Thailand.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Will B Good said:

It staggers me the number of dog owners that don't bother to keep their dog under control......in particular, not even putting a collar on them.

Without a collar to grab hold of you don't stand a chance .

This is when it's great to be living in the countryside. I have six dogs who take themselves for a walk in the fields behind the house as well as act as a burglar alarm if anyone stops outside. A couple do approach them and they bark but never attack.

20170501_071738.jpg

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

if it's true that the mutt bit his child it should be eliminated and the owner fined. 

Maybe you are not a dog owner.

Those with experience understand that dogs often give fake bites or gentle nips to encourage humans to stay away. Many dogs are perplexed by 'tiny humans' and don't want to interact with them, choosing to warn them away with harmless posing.

I'm glad you qualified your post because neither you nor I know the circumstances of the incident, if in fact it even truly occurred. Personally I suspect the parent would have reported the issue immediately if it had really occurred since people such as the parent are generally overly self-righteous.

Your short and brutal leap to judgment suggests that you are yourself afraid of dogs, possibly from a childhood encounter. There are certainly deeply flawed dogs extant, just like human sociopaths, but hardly all of them.

• Like 1

Irresponsible dog owners are a pain, there is one opposite me, her dog scrapes under my barbed wire fence and will sneak into my kitchen and steal food, if i leave the patio door open, threaten it with a stick, throw stones at it, it runs 10mts stands and stares at me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

This is when it's great to be living in the countryside. I have six dogs who take themselves for a walk in the fields behind the house as well as act as a burglar alarm if anyone stops outside. A couple do approach them and they bark but never attack.

20170501_071738.jpg

Are they no soi dogs hanging about that might threaten them?

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

if it's true that the mutt bit his child it should be eliminated and the owner fined. 

You don't know the reason and want to eleminate a dog? Maybe this kid throw a stone on the dog?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Maybe you are not a dog owner.

Those with experience understand that dogs often give fake bites or gentle nips to encourage humans to stay away. Many dogs are perplexed by 'tiny humans' and don't want to interact with them, choosing to warn them away with harmless posing.

I'm glad you qualified your post because neither you nor I know the circumstances of the incident, if in fact it even truly occurred. Personally I suspect the parent would have reported the issue immediately if it had really occurred since people such as the parent are generally overly self-righteous.

Your short and brutal leap to judgment suggests that you are yourself afraid of dogs, possibly from a childhood encounter. There are certainly deeply flawed dogs extant, just like human sociopaths, but hardly all of them.

you sound like a caring person for dogs ......   please take in a few thousand soi dogs and I will gladly donate to your cause. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Yet another animal hater.

what a silly comment .....   you think it's ok for the dog to bite kids   !!       I love good clean dogs,  not mangy soi dogs.

my friend has a good white siberian husky ...  he doesn't go out unleashed biting kids