Having a haircut of 2 minutes (THB 80)

I went for a trim at my regular barber at my regular place (full of Thais) and was met with silence

After my turn the hair job was done in 2 minutes and I was told so when finished.

I never complained before of the result and always gave a 20 baht tip.

The result was not impressive but what can you expect in 2 minutes

No big deal, but are there other Farang who had similar experiences of not being welcome some where as a cuntomer?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Obviously was a big deal or you wouldn't have bothered posting to the community about it.

What happened on previous visits?

Previous visits, a sort of understanding of the effort of the job it takes: not 2 minutes, between 5-10 minute. now start lookig for a different Barber

I keep trying different hairdressers/ barbers in my area and I've yet to find one I'm happy with. It's usually being impolite or not up to the job. A nice lady tried cutting my hair a few days ago and I showed her my last cut that I liked. She asked about the back and showed me a silly picture to which I quickly found a more suitable one. She cut it her way anyway! She also shaved my forehead. That's a sensitive area for guys like me who are worried about it receding. 

I walked out my longest termed hairdresser a while back as she never smiled, and her fat friend drying my hair was messing around pulling faces while using the dryer on my fringe. There's a difference between funny and insulting. 

I'd be happy to pay more than my usual 200 here for a cut, but I don't want to travel due to time. 

Edited by alien365

5 hours ago, Don Dunkelblum said:

Previous visits, a sort of understanding of the effort of the job it takes: not 2 minutes, between 5-10 minute. now start lookig for a different Barber

Yeah find a new barber, maybe a lady, i have two, they take circ 20 minutes, sometimes incl a little shoulder massage, TLC, one 80 baht one 100 baht +tip.

The only time I recall Thais being little hostile was when the health minister said "dirty farang" and we were no.1 covid risk

Never been back to the barber since Covid struck. Always kept it short with a #4 on top and a #2 on the sides. Bought a cheap cordless cutter and now the missus does it as well as the barber did.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 12:11 AM, Jingthing said:

Yeah I used to use a guy and he was OK but not great. So I went in with a picture of myself with a cut I liked better and asked him to do it like that. He got hysterical and said no he wouldn't and then he kicked me out of his shop!

It is like telling your favorite soup lady to not put this or that... you are insulting her lifelong secret recipe...

13 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Too many here don't have much of a life and find it necessary to run on about everyday trivial matters in the mysterious Orient. 

Acclimation and adjustment isn't their strong suit, as they'll always be looked upon as foreigners - most certainly as they see themselves as well. The cultural comparative thing.

Predictable.

Somewhat pathetic.

Did you attend classes to perfect your dance moves? As in Superior Dancing.

On 3/6/2022 at 9:11 PM, Jingthing said:

Yeah I used to use a guy and he was OK but not great. So I went in with a picture of myself with a cut I liked better and asked him to do it like that. He got hysterical and said no he wouldn't and then he kicked me out of his shop!

Perhaps he wasn't a magician! ????  (Or he had run out of glue!)

• Sad 1

On 3/7/2022 at 3:41 AM, Don Dunkelblum said:

No big deal, but are there other Farang who had similar experiences of not being welcome some where as a cuntomer?

Nope, always have the ladies do me, 100 baht, no que's even had the one I used to use before come over our place as the mosquitos would eat me alive at her place.

She is from the same village, she cut my hair the way I like it, now I use a different one as the previous one got a little too busy with other things, putting haircuts to the side, and wasn't as reliable as she was before, even said to my wife the other day, who cuts your husband hair now and the wife said, oh another farang wife, so as to keep the peace, even said, she was available now if I wanted a haircut.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I feel, during these times, it is better to shave myself and cut my own hair.

I have been cutting my hair for about 18 months, now, and it still looks great.

I will never go back to paying for a shave or a haircut.

Why should I?

Because a mate cuts his own hair or lets his MiL cut it - he thinks it looks great !!!!  ????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I feel, during these times, it is better to shave myself and cut my own hair.

I have been cutting my hair for about 18 months, now, and it still looks great.

I will never go back to paying for a shave or a haircut.

Why should I?

Last time I got my hair cut on soi buakhao I met a particularly nice girl in the shop waiting to have her hair cut. I got her number and she came by the next day...

On 3/8/2022 at 10:36 AM, zzaa09 said:

Too many here don't have much of a life and find it necessary to run on about everyday trivial matters in the mysterious Orient. 

Acclimation and adjustment isn't their strong suit, as they'll always be looked upon as foreigners - most certainly as they see themselves as well. The cultural comparative thing.

Predictable.

Somewhat pathetic.

And you have the time to comment on it on your busy schedule...

Kettle and Black - much like your pathetic comment  ????

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 5:36 PM, zzaa09 said:

Predictable.

Somewhat pathetic.

For many, life is about everyday trivial matters.

Mine has been for years and I love every minute of it.

Had more than enough of weighty, stressful matters.