Russian embassy warns outsiders not to volunteer to fight in Ukraine

webfact

3 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Don't you love the Russian propaganda that people are headed to Russia, to join their military

so that these foreigners can then go into Ukraine to fight Ukrainians. What kind of insanity

is that? Pure propaganda.

And why even publish statements from a Russian entity.

As their leader lies when opening the mouth they lie when hitting the keyboard.

Stop reading this B.S. Bad for your mental health (referring to another thread).

Nonetheless: Thai government should do all possible to stop citizens interfering for any party!

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

I’m sure that those people brave enough to go and help the poor soles in Ukraine will be passing on the same message that the Ukrainian soldiers sent to the Russian war ship upon reading this message and ditto from me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The UK foreign secretary, Liz Truss, said on Sunday that Britons who chose to go to Ukraine to fight would “absolutely” have her support.

I have little time for that dim woman, nor the platitudes of Raab this morning, where what he really meant was  'Ukraine, you are the sacrificial lamb and on your own'. The military analysis indicated that Russia will be well in control soon. And what then?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I have little time for that dim woman, nor the platitudes of Raab this morning, where what he really meant was  'Ukraine, you are the sacrificial lamb and on your own'. The military analysis indicated that Russia will be well in control soon. And what then?

Russia may overwhelm Ukraine but control, never. Unfortunately a long and bloody drawn out occupation seems to be on the cards unless more difficult decisions are taken by Nato that have big risks?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Russia has lost the tiny bit of moral authority it might have once had. And they are obviously very scared and shocked the war is not going as planned. Anyone and everyone who is interested, should join the fight. Ukraine is fighting back, and the young Russian soldiers are demoralized by having to slaughter civilians, especially women and children. Not to mention a lack of supplies, extremely poor planning, a twisted and corrupt military, an unhinged leader, and a broken down, nearly 3rd world nation, that can ill afford a prolonged war. 

Russia is a desperado pariah state. Paying attention to international treaties is not expected of them. After all, the place is run by a heinous serial killing, thieving, multi billionaire dictator, who may be insane. 

Before rushing off to volunteer, check the law in your own country. Some countries do not allow citizens to become mercenaries.

It might also be a good idea to be a trained soldier, as there's more to it than pointing a rifle and pulling the trigger.

I'm not even going to get into being able to speak Ukranian.

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Russia may overwhelm Ukraine but control, never. Unfortunately a long and bloody drawn out occupation seems to be on the cards unless more difficult decisions are taken by Nato that have big risks?

Anyone else see Afghanistan version 2?

IMO it will end when Crimea is linked to to the breakaway regions.

I certainly hope NATO does not get involved. As Ukraine is not a member it's nothing to do with NATO. Have we learned nothing from Vietnam and Iraq?

Putin is keeping the bulk of his air force out of the conflict just in case NATO decides to get involved.  Now that Poland is promising to furnish inherited warplanes from the USSR era Putin is more inclined to keep his fighters in reserve to counter the new threat.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Before rushing off to volunteer, check the law in your own country. Some countries do not allow citizens to become mercenaries.

It might also be a good idea to be a trained soldier, as there's more to it than pointing a rifle and pulling the trigger.

The UK ex military don't care too much about the language, arriving in Ukraine now (video in tweet).

The first volunteers from #GreatBritain arrive in #Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1500706664630165507

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The military analysis indicated that Russia will be well in control soon. And what then?

Should Ukraine fall...

On the news the other day, one UK military expert was estimating that Russia would have to maintain an occupation force of several hundred thousand troops in Ukraine on an ongoing basis in order to maintain control of the country.

I wonder if the Russian military is really up for that prospect?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I wonder if the Russian military is really up for that prospect?

Russia has a job maintaining and supporting it's already vast lands....huge logistic challenges. Several hundred thousand troops sounds high, Do they have more than 200,000 there to even take the country?

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Saw a clip today of what appeared to be a woman (maybe wrong), at the worse end of batons wielded by about 5 men in paramilitary gear in Russia. 

I saw that too. A few kicks to the face too. Cowards 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Militarily overrunning a country is one thing. Maintaining control of an overrun country, with a population  widely inclined to oppose you, is a different task.

Which requires more manpower... the fact it is different is clear!

48 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Indeed , Ukraine on their own makes me feel sick and I have started to avoid watching the news because in my opinion NATO has blood on its hands because of a cowardly stance . It is prepared to supply arms but not fully engage the tyrannical Russian forces . In Putins eyes I would think that NATO are involved as accomplices of Ukraine by association  . In the mean time the remaining Ukraine citizens in many towns and cities are struggling to live as they have no drinking water , food , heating , transportation , electric , health care or means of communication . 

I admire the volunteers who are very brave and humanitarians .

9 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Don't you love the Russian propaganda that people are headed to Russia, to join their military

so that these foreigners can then go into Ukraine to fight Ukrainians. What kind of insanity

is that? Pure propaganda.

how is Russian propaganda any different to propaganda from the US and its lapdogs? remember the nonexistent "weapons of mass distraction" ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Well, it would be infinitely more satisfying if volunteers could get near Putin, his heinous Politburo, and the Kremlin. Fighting young Russian soldiers who had no idea what they got themselves into would not be nearly as satisfying as taking out the big boys. 

• Like 1

I think it is obvious to the world that Putin is a tyrant and has delusional dreams to restore the old Soviet Union. The Europeans have the most to lose by Putin's aggression. But the Europeans have become complacent on the hope that the United States will protect them once again. That is not going to happen this time with old Biden...

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling reference removed
  • Haha 1