Foreign tourists will flood into Thailand after marijuana law changes - Thai ganja called country's "secret weapon"

webfact

Tell the Chief clown of the circus in the public health part of the show, that the Netherlands legalized ganja back in 1972 for personal use.

I am sure he was in contact with the Dutch Minister of Tourism (do they have such a Ministry at all or is it done by professionals?). Did the Dutch quality tourism spike after that to compensate for the 75% of the former tourism (claimed by Thais) missing now? The remaining 10 million are yet to be seen unless, of course, there is free of charge weed of the first order available with the tourism promotion tour bus. Then we have the "mother of all tourism resurrection" under the guided leadership of some completely stoned officials ???? 

What next; looking forward to breaking news from the funny hat department coming flying in tomorrow bright and early again ........ 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that Thai ganja was highly regarded comparing it with Khao Horm Mali (Jasmine Rice) for its tourism pulling power.

Never had a cone of Jasmine rice. might give it a try ???? might even soak it in fish sauce first to make it extra strong ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dlclark97 said:

Just what we need here.  More people operating motorized vehicles while UNDER THE INFLUENCE.  Does not make much difference whether it is alcohol or some form of mind altering substance.

I heard that deaths on the Rds actually go down when weed is made legal.

As a lot of people who would usually be drunk when driving are stoned instead and while its not good to be high when Driving it's better then being drunk. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

The key note speaker doesn't seem to appreciate the very limited proposed purposes for which marijuana can be legally grown, sold and used in Thailand. Getting high isn't one of them. Perhaps it should be?

Seems most of those in authority speaking on the subject are already high....... 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Dream on! In Canada you can legally smoke some great weed as in many other places in the world. He seems to think that he will be attracting people who want hemp products and not the real deal. 'Pipe' dream on dude

Canada is great for weed smoking compared to most places in the World, including the USA. I would say. You get one gram for $3 (Canadian dollar). No many places in can smoke weed legally. Now I don't know how many people will travel to Canada, a hellishly cold place, for smoking weed. I won't though I live almost on the border. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

It was held under tha asupices of the Thai Ministry of Public Health whose leader and Bhumjai Thai party boss Anutin Charnvirakul has promoted ganja for health and economic benefits in his manifesto.

Keynote speaker Chartchai Rotrungrangsri noted that Thailand would be involved in a battle for tourists as the pandemic eased. 

He described marijuana as Thailand's "secret weapon" noting that the country was the first in the region to relax laws.

He claimed that tourists would flood in as a result giving the country an edge over other nations in Asia claiming that "nine out of ten tourists" would want to try ganja and hemp products, reported Siam Rath.

He said that Thai ganja was highly regarded comparing it with Khao Horm Mali (Jasmine Rice) for its tourism pulling power.

Even though this is about pot I do believe that Anutin has now also discovered LSD ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, itsari said:
3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'll take those who like a drink over out of control, obnoxious pot heads, at least they're not self-righteous, obnoxious pot heads.

Never met a obnoxious pot head in my 69 years

Lucky you, I've met a few in my 70 years.  Maybe you need to get out more, there's always been plenty of them around!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, San Fran Dan said:

So you support alcohol for your good times, I smell a Boomer

FYI... "Boomers" were the Era of Woodstock, and LSD...
Many of us have been smoking non-stop for the past 50 years...
Many have switched to alcohol... Many have Never smoked pot... 
Just the same as ALL other generations!! 

1 hour ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Thank you, Goddess! Covid got us Thai sticks!

Nah, but Anutin got the best hemp tshirts and useless hemp leafs on food you can buy so make sure you book a flight asap

20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Lucky you, I've met a few in my 70 years.  Maybe you need to get out more, there's always been plenty of them around!

Can you give some examples of cannabis causing obnoxious social behavior? Since you experienced it so much yourself. 

Edited by Okis
  • Like 1

Thailand making good on its promise of attracting the high fliers of this world: getting high on a high floor balcony with a low balustrade will result in plentyu more of those high as a kite experiences of giving it a go, only to tragically end up totally smashed on the concrete parking area. 

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, khunpa said:

WAKE UP!

There will be ZERO Saudis coming! 

There will be ZERO Super-Rich Indians coming!

There will be ZERO CBD-Oil fans coming!

Time to face reality for once!

Latest news from Harare is that two Zimbabweans are on their way.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Onerak said:

Canada is great for weed smoking compared to most places in the World, including the USA. I would say. You get one gram for $3 (Canadian dollar). No many places in can smoke weed legally. Now I don't know how many people will travel to Canada, a hellishly cold place, for smoking weed. I won't though I live almost on the border. 

It’s only hellishly cold in the winter. In the summer it’s hellishly hot.

9 hours ago, sambum said:

The strength of the cannabis we are talking about here would not be enough to give a lab rat a buzz!

Your comment  reminds me of an incident where a former colleague of mine who was a "Special" in the UK police force was undergoing training as a Cadet with a view to becoming a regular full time Police Officer. The instructor this particular day IMHO should not have been allowed to teach prospective Cub Scouts let alone prospective Police Officers!  Acccording to my colleague, he said "Anybody who starts off by smoking pot is going to become a drug addict". Apart from that being a complete fallacy, this is what trainee Police Officers are being taught by people who are supposed to be experts in their particular field!

It's like saying that any youngster who drinks a bottle  of beer is going to become an alcoholic, and the chances of anybody ending up in a psychiatric hospital after smoking a couple of joints is equally remote.

I am talking about full strength fully legalized cannabis, with hydro heads that contain a potent THC content.  Not what currently is being sold without THC.  

And the argument of cannabis being a gateway drug to harder narcotics is polarized by medical professionals - valid arguments for and against.  I have no bias and accept it is a drug with some risks and also some benefits. 

My comments did not include the gateway drug argument.

And there is evidence of permanent psychosis from cannabis use for some unfortunate people.  

• Like 1