Visa exempt to Non O

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The enter visa exempt and obtain a non O marriage inside Thailand requires 400k in your Thai bank account on day of application. (800k if based on retirement)

The non O  gives you 90 day permit.

Most folk, couple of months into that permit apply for 12 month extension. 

At any stage to exit and reenter you would need to obtain reentry permit.

Thanks for the info. will look at this , applying for non O online is now a pain , as its not done by the embassy.

Does the 800K have to be in a separate bank acct, or can I deposit into my BKK bank account that I use for day to day expenses? Knowing that it can not drop below the 800K.

Also., after I have the extension to 1 year can I apply the following year using the 65K X 12 to show funds from O/S?

I want to use the 800K for down payment on a car for my daughter.

2 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

Does the 800K have to be in a separate bank acct, or can I deposit into my BKK bank account that I use for day to day expenses? Knowing that it can not drop below the 800K.

Yes you can but you have to be very careful not to go below 800k baht for 2 months before you apply for the extension and 3 months after the day you apply and then 400k for the rest of the year. 

3 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

Also., after I have the extension to 1 year can I apply the following year using the 65K X 12 to show funds from O/S?

Yes you can. But you will need to meet the requirements I wrote about above and keep the 400k baht in the bank to the day you apply using the 65k baht income option.