Number of Russian visitors in Phuket instantly drops, Phuket struggles to find solutions for hundreds of stranded tourists with no access to funds due to sanctions

webfact

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

These stranded rusky's should tell their embassy in BKK to call Putin's rich Oligarch's .....and have them bring their  $200Million dollar yachts over and pick them up on the beach.  

Now I wonder...could Thailand's 'new' submarines have a use here...wasn't thinking of transportation...aw, just joking of course

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JoePai said:

Has the airspace between Russia and Thailand been closed ?

No but the Thai airports are not accepting Roubles for refuelling the planes.

They are useful as toilet paper though. Just a pity they don't have Putins face on them.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

hello   !   

my name is Ruskinnocash Stuckapusky ....

I am from russia, and i have no vodka or credit card, my rubles are gone.

please send me some more ruples and vodka to my hotel.

GoFundMe's will be popping up shortly or they will be all blogging hoping to get money from followers.  Converting Thai Baht to Roubles will make them all millionaires at this point. 1 million Thai baht will get them 3.7 million Roubles at this point.....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Russia is a kleptocracy with the average wage lower than India

That doesn’t seem right. Not sure how it exactly relates to average wage, but according to World Bank website, net national income per capita in $US in 2019 was $8,940 in Russia, $6,069 in Thailand and $1,822 in India. Same rough ratios for GDP per capita in CIA World Factbook. Of course, that doesn’t account for the collapse in the rouble, or likely effect of ongoing sanctions.

3 minutes ago, Katipo said:

Exactly. We don't know how individual Russians feel about Putin invading Ukraine. The attitude of so many here reflects how pathetic their own lives are, that they have to use this tragedy to give themselves the illusion of moral superiority and feel better about whatever country they have crawled away from. Honestly, it's pathetic.

You can hate the man and what he's as doing, but your racist rants clearly show you aren't the type of people you would like others to think you are. 

maybe

Would be interesting to know the number of Russian tourists  currently in Thailand 

Phuket pattaya ect 

I take it Immigration know these numbers and are taking action in sorting out visas travel hotels and flights out  if any ????

8 minutes ago, Katipo said:

Exactly. We don't know how individual Russians feel about Putin invading Ukraine. <Snip>

Not true, we know from many journalists there he has the support of the silent majority.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Not true, we know from many journalists there he has the support of the silent majority.

What size is this silent majority? Does it only exclude the people who openly join protests against the invasion? What about the ones who are too scared to join? Does it factor in the effect that Putin has all but cut off outside news sources, and so people are almost elusively hearing Puting wants them too? I would wager that you don't know. Neither do I. But if we all become a bunch of racist bigots, we are only going to make Putin's job easier.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

I think it has become very clear recently that their so called and incorrectly named mighty military is completely and utterly over stated, it is a complete shambles, they wouldn't last a week against the highly capable western military, I had a laugh a few days ago a video clip of a Ukraine farmer stealing a mighty Russian tank with his tactor towing it down the road with a Russian soldier chasing after it,  or the guy in the car driving past a Stalled convoy rolling down his window and offering to tow them back to Russia....too funny

What I would like to see is Ukraine airforce dropping a few bombs in Russia to see how they like it, the US did something similar on Japan early in the 2nd WW, they sent bombers on a one way mission to bomb Japan, there was a movie based on that operation

Great idea!

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The Oligarchs are afraid to sail their multi billion super yachts anywhere for fear of having them impounded.

I bet they're shi##ing themselves about money, property and possessions in foreign countries at the moment.

I wonder what Malta is doing at the moment, that was a favourite country for Russians to buy a passport and gain free entry in Europe.

I think that Cyprus is now the place they prefer tostash some Money.

has been for several Years now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DFPhuket said:

While there are no Russian planes flying, there are several flights to Russia with one stop (e.g, Qatar, Emirates or Etihad are still flying there). Russians are not really stranded in Thailand due to lack of flights, but they may be due to to banking issues, inability to use Russian credit cards, the crash of their currency. 

I think there is not any problem with them, they always have their gold jewelry with them.

• Thanks 1