Be Prepared For A Fuel Shortage

Another day, another baht ...

...  come on MG, release the new ZS EV here.  Enough already ????

Saw a 2020 for sale @ 800k ... damn tempting.

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, NONG CHOK said:

Will B Good, have you ever been through times where restrictions and coupons applied. Things can shut down overnight while you're asleep. Talking about the risk of a shortage, it's all about communication to help others. Maybe you're a panic merchant if that's the case I must apologize for my comments.

........you are funny.

• Like 1

I'm guessing the train tanker cars going north were full of fuel as there isn't any real reason to be going north to pick up oil, right ?

Last guess is they are freeing up space in the south near the refineries for unexpected cheap oil from Russia. Got to figure it's better for Thailand to buy that oil sitting out in their bay before it maybe becomes a hazard or goes down.

Edited by IAMHERE
spelling
  • Like 1

My local private fuel station will close soon. He used to stock up from PTT wholesale. Now PTT stopped supplying small businesses in my area, other alternatives would be too expensive so he must stay shut for now. It seems that PTT bracing itself for a possible fuel shortage. 

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

"Be Prepared For A Fuel Shortage"

Don't care, since COVID I've gone nowhere, and 7-11/BigC/Tesco is 500m from my front door.

If I don't cycle, I can walk.

Electricity shortages,

Don't care either, I'm almost entirely solar powered now.

Not enough for the shower heaters or air-con, but we can live without them.

I recall a fellow in my building that waited to shower until mid-day or afternoon as the water tanks were on the roof. By that time of day, here in Chiang Mai, the water heated up enough so that using an electric water heater was not needed. "Cheap" or "thrift" ... vocabulary is a great thing.

I have faced the irony in my life since my Father's death in 1991. You see, he was a blue collar union worker for Texaco Oil for 17 years. As such, he participated in the stock purchasing scheme. After he died, I inherited the Texaco Stock (later bought out by Chevron Oil). The irony? I am a retired academic and as such, having been educated about various countries and cultures, lean left of center (at least in today's US political environment). Still, that Chevron stock dividends pays me half my dividend income per year. There is a balance in there somewhere, methinks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

A more likely reason for the increase in rail tanker activity is that crude oil producers in Phitsanulok have increased production and need to store or refine the extra production. The tankers going north are probably empty returning from Map Ta Phut.

The tankers I referred to aren't heading north they're heading for Bangkok. The rail line is between Map Ta Phut and Bangkok.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

40 baht today for 95, flying up

Screenshot_2022-03-10-17-22-58-123_com.android.chrome.jpg

40 baht? that is cheap, here in Chumphon it is 42 Baht and up to 44 baht for 95. The petrol stations use to have the same prices but now they have differant prices Shell is the most expensive then Esso and Bangjak and PTT are the same prices. Are you in BKK? Would be interesting to know what people are paying in differant provences

15 hours ago, Elkski said:

How does the observation of 40 tankers forcast a fuel shortage?  More exports heading North than normal?  

He didn't say which direction they were heading, and anyway what does it have to do with a possible fuel shortage wherever they're heading? I should have thought that lots of trains full of crude oil or refined petroleum products moving about the country was actually a good sign. Unless they're heading for Pa Prayut's private marshalling yard where he'll hoard them until the price goes through the roof and he can make (yet another) vast pile of profit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Guderian said:

He didn't say which direction they were heading, and anyway what does it have to do with a possible fuel shortage wherever they're heading? I should have thought that lots of trains full of crude oil or refined petroleum products moving about the country was actually a good sign. Unless they're heading for Pa Prayut's private marshalling yard where he'll hoard them until the price goes through the roof and he can make (yet another) vast pile of profit.

Maybe it is fuel to be put in storage awaiting the new submar........oh wait ..........they don't need that fuel now.

9 minutes ago, stupidfarang said:

40 baht? that is cheap, here in Chumphon it is 42 Baht and up to 44 baht for 95. The petrol stations use to have the same prices but now they have differant prices Shell is the most expensive then Esso and Bangjak and PTT are the same prices. Are you in BKK? Would be interesting to know what people are paying in differant provences

I do see a small difference in prices from one province to the next travelling on highway 32 I pass several pumps .

Yesterday in Ayutthaya, the regular PTT 95 was 40.74 ( with the exception of my nearest PTT which has been adapted for trucks and is also 10 satang more ), whereas in Pathum Thani it dropped to 40.24 baht