Billionaire former top cop's son in Porsche severely injures foreigner on motorcycle in Bangkok smash

webfact

Re: Gen Wirachai was named as the 36th richest person in Thailand in the Forbes list last year.

He was estimated to be worth $940M US or nearly 30 billion Thai baht.

C'mon Man

You Know the Thing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Spock said:

How can you possibly defend the red bull heir!? Even without trial, the evidence in the public arena leaves no doubt he was 100% culpable in the death of the policeman. It does you no credit to defend these people who have more than enough avenues of escaping prosecution and conviction without the likes of you whitewashing their actions.

Not to defend the rich kid, but if having the means, who would not do everything and anything, to keep their kid out of prison, especially a Thai prison ?

Sending your kid to prison, takes a special kind of hate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not to defend the rich kid, but if having the means, who would not do everything and anything, to keep their kid out of prison, especially a Thai prison ?

Sending your kid to prison, takes a special kind of hate.

My point was more related to a corrupt legal and political machine that would allow these miscarriages of justice to happen rather than the actions of a super wealthy father with the means and desire to keep his son from facing the consequences of his actions.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hayduke said:

What accident? Making this one disappear will be child’s play for one of the RTP's illustrious bazillionaire Generals.

After the current RB debacle you would think the RTP would have revised their procedures,and keep this guy in custody,and seize his passport,as he is a flight risk.

Good luck to the bike rider.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spock said:

My point was more related to a corrupt legal and political machine that would allow these miscarriages of justice to happen rather than the actions of a super wealthy father with the means and desire to keep his son from facing the consequences of his actions.

I believe everyone is innocent till proven guilty.  Judging by this thread, I'm in the minority.

I notice some of the same folks (none in particular), members of the forums, complain about corruptions, but are happy to use agents at Imm, to bypass the rules.

I hate corruption myself, but I have also used it to my advantage, before coming to Thailand.

3 hours ago, 2long said:

I reckon it'll take a couple of days of Pae being in hospital before they're able to conduct that alcohol test, so he'll be clear.

As for the poor motorcyclist, well with a name like that he'd be considered a lower-class citizen by the racist locals, so let's also just say he was drunk and riding dangerously and not wearing a seatbelt on his unregistered bike that had a malfunctioning airbag and he was on overstay... it's called 'deflection' and the Thais are experts at it!

"I reckon it'll take a couple of days of Pae being in hospital before they're able to conduct that alcohol test, so he'll be clear."

Why can't they take blood test? He is in hospital, should be simple?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Did he know before the crash it was defective?

It probably was working perfectly - airbags only deploy on a serious smash, the damage to the front of the car is minimal therefore it’s unlikely it was severe enough to deploy. He clearly wasn’t wearing his seatbelt which caused the injury.

lots of armchair “experts” on here with little knowledge ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cardinalblue said:

no activating air bag - Porsche better be worried

Worried about what?  Have you seen the car?  There is minimal damage meaning the impact was no way severe enough for airbags to deploy.  Do you expect airbags popping off after every little impact anyone has??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

I take offence that you imply it's the norm when using an agent.

Apologies accepted.

I did not imply it is the norm ("some of"), and since you appear to do it for 'convenience', you shouldn't take offense, as obviously not referring to you.  Just them folks that complain about corruption, but will use when to their advantage.

No apologies from me because of your lack of proper reading comprehension.

• Sad 3

Just now, josephbloggs said:

Worried about what?  Have you seen the car?  There is minimal damage meaning the impact was no way severe enough for airbags to deploy.  Do you expect airbags popping off after every little impact anyone has??

Well to be fair it is claimed the guy had a brain injury ...

Pae suffered a head injury after colliding with the steering wheel. The airbag reportedly did not function.

He is being treated for a brain injury at Suksawat Hospital. 

Surely the point and design of the airbag should prevent this.

2 hours ago, hanuman2543 said:

A Taycan S is an Porsche with an electric engine so no fuel-guzzling.

Is guzzling electricity to charge the batteries not fuel? since there is gas or coal fired generated energy to be produced to charge the batteries to run these EV cars.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Accidents happen all over the world 

But 

Rarely (if ever) do we see a former top cop being the countries 36th richest. 

I'm so sorry for the (poorest) people of Thailand. 

One has to question how the wealth was accumulated, or did he marry UP

• Like 1